2018-2019 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anybody received an II after hold?
Wondering this too, I was place on Pre-II hold in late September and heard nothing since then lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How do LOI's look post-II? does this school like them or no?

Reactions: 1 users
How do LOI's look post-II? does this school like them or no?
I did a letter of intent. I think if you're serious about going send away. I included the assistant dean personally on the email

Members don't see this ad :)
I did a letter of intent. I think if you're serious about going send away. I included the assistant dean personally on the email

This is a good idea. Can’t hurt. They encourage updates, so make it an update and tell them what you like about NYMC!

Thank you so much both of you! I sent in a thank you letter today. Should I wait a couple of days before I send a LOI? This is definitely my top school. I fell in love with this place when I came here.

Thank you so much both of you! I sent in a thank you letter today. Should I wait a couple of days before I send a LOI? This is definitely my top school. I fell in love with this place when I came here.
I sent my letter of intent like three days after in an email. It's desperate, but I personally believe they will appreciate knowing its our top school. A lot of the people I interviewed with treated NYMC as their backup

Reactions: 2 users
II just now!
Only date available is for next week.

Freaking out

Reactions: 9 users
Also on the pre-II hold bus (they didn't even send me an email? I found out when I checked the portal).

If they sent out II’s today does that mean they’ll be sending out post II decisions sometime soon?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think they'll be sending out any more? Seems like the consensus was that they run interviews through March but an above poster made it seem like they've given out all their spots.

Do you guys think they'll be sending out any more? Seems like the consensus was that they run interviews through March but an above poster made it seem like they've given out all their spots.
NYMC reviews apps through mid-April. They will be sending IIs until then, especially to fill cancellations.

I interviewed on Jan 22nd. I’m wondering if they’re going to send decisions on Monday, since it seems to be every 2 weeks. Did everyone from December interviews receive decisions? How many interviews dates are there a month usually?

I interviewed on Jan 22nd. I’m wondering if they’re going to send decisions on Monday, since it seems to be every 2 weeks. Did everyone from December interviews receive decisions? How many interviews dates are there a month usually?

I interviewed in early December interview and received my decision the 2nd week of January.

For those that were accepted, did you get your financial aid package? Any idea when we're supposed to get it?

There’s definitely still a chance at interview. As we see a few posts up someone cancelled their spot which will now go to someone else. It’s late in the season but all hope is not lost yet!

As I mentioned, my own interview invite came in March. You may get invited or just have to wait until the end of the season, but if you’re not rejected then you’re still in the game!

Do you know if there is any chance for people on hold to get an II still? Or does hold usually mean soft rejection? I wasn't sure if you knew any of your classmates that may have come from being on hold...

Do you know if there is any chance for people on hold to get an II still? Or does hold usually mean soft rejection? I wasn't sure if you knew any of your classmates that may have come from being on hold...

Yes, people come off hold. Every year is different and there’s no way to know for sure what will happen, but you’re not out until the last interview day comes.

Interviewed Jan 10th... Assuming I will here back this week?

Well I've been on pre-II hold since September and submitted a big application update the other day (via email and got a confirmation email) so hopefully the school will love it and send me an II lol

Random q but are you allowed to lease apt/dorm on a semester basis?

Maybe a current student or someone who interviewed here could answer this. At my interview I could have sworn something was noted about a new opportunity or center or professor on campus doing a lot of psych/psycho-social research. I cant exactly remember as my interview was in October. Is this ringing a bell for anyone?

Hi all! This is my first MMI (ever) coming up at the end of this month.
I've been preparing on general interview questions + MMI questions, but I still feel really nervous (mostly because this is my only shot at an acceptance). Do you guys have any general advice about interview day at this school? How many minutes do you guys have to answer MMI questions? Congrats to all who got accepted/received an interview!