2018-2019 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The number that they gave us was 914 594 4507

On an unrelated note, I was at the March 26th interview session. They said it was the last round of interviews that they will be giving out. Very excited about the school.

Welp my question was answered haha, just wanted to know how many more interviews were left.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm flying into LGA for second look day next Thursday morning and trying to figure out the best way to get from LGA airport to NYMC. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm flying into LGA for second look day next Thursday morning and trying to figure out the best way to get from LGA airport to NYMC. Does anyone have any suggestions?
When i flew into LGA for my interview, i just took a Lyft. It was convenient and took me only 35 min to get to Valhalla and my hotel

Reactions: 1 users
I was recently interviewed at NYMC and wanted to send a thank you letter. I was planning on sending them a combined thank you/update letter. I have been working as a door dash driver during my gap year but I have also continued my community service and clinical volunteering. Is it okay if I mention that I engaged in a non-clinical job and I used my extra time during gap year to do things that I did not have time to do during college such as reading? Also, should I mention that I plan on traveling this summer to learn about different cultures. @Goro @gyngyn @LizzyM

I was recently interviewed at NYMC and wanted to send a thank you letter. I was planning on sending them a combined thank you/update letter. I have been working as a door dash driver during my gap year but I have also continued my community service and clinical volunteering. Is it okay if I mention that I engaged in a non-clinical job and I used my extra time during gap year to do things that I did not have time to do during college such as reading? Also, should I mention that I plan on traveling this summer to learn about different cultures. @Goro @gyngyn @LizzyM
If I were them, I would presume that you sent this to all the schools where you have been waitlisted. The content would have little effect on decision-making. If they accept updates and it makes you feel better, though...

Reactions: 1 user
I understand. I guess what I really meant to ask was, do they look down upon candidates who work non-medially related jobs during their gap year?

I wouldn't recommend the door dash driver at all. I think a thank you letter is appropriate although. But if you are sending a thank you letter weeks after you interview, it might seem disingenuous (Instead of sending it days after). At this late stage I assume they are being flooded with emails from people so unless you have something important to add to your application I wouldn't send anything. It's up to you although.

Don't waste their time or yours.

I think if you have a meaningful update then send it by all means. They are particularly receptive to post-interview updates but make it relevant and brief.

The only reason I want to send this is bc I was talking about my volunteer experiences during the interview and one of the interviewers thought that I had not been working during my gap year and she was shocked. I want to make sure that they don't think that I didn't work after graduating from college.

The only reason I want to send this is bc I was talking about my volunteer experiences during the interview and one of the interviewers thought that I had not been working during my gap year and she was shocked. I want to make sure that they don't think that I didn't work after graduating from college.

I’m not an expert but this will likely not matter whatsoever.

Clinical experience, research, meaningful professional accomplishments (clinical work related) etc. are what make a contribution to the app most of the time. If you want to write something to show interest that’s fine, I just don’t want you to worry unnecessarily about this

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not an expert but this will likely not matter whatsoever.

Clinical experience, research, meaningful professional accomplishments (clinical work related) etc. are what make a contribution to the app most of the time. If you want to write something to show interest that’s fine, I just don’t want you to worry unnecessarily about this

Got it. Thank you.

Would an update letter stating that I just started a medical scribe job be helpful in clinching an acceptance?

i'm a little confused with this on-hold thing in my portal. Been on here for a while and it says that we'll be reviewed in mid-April but when are they going to schedule this last batch of interviews? From the thread it seems they've finished already so I'm little confused about them creating whole new interview days

No matter what happens with admissions for me just wanted to say @21Rush12 thanks so much for being a fantastic resource. You are one of if not the most helpful medical student I’ve seen on their school’s respective SDN thread.

Reactions: 9 users
Should an update on prerequisite grades be sent if they weren’t available at time of application? I have already sent a recent update that did not include grades, would it be annoying to send another update?

Mashallah

Were at that stage where if you have it send it, can’t hurt and any substance that could help IMO send it along.

No matter what happens with admissions for me just wanted to say @21Rush12 thanks so much for being a fantastic resource. You are one of if not the most helpful medical student I’ve seen on their school’s respective SDN thread.

Thank you for your kind words! I just want to pay it forward. I went through the Med school app process essentially alone and the only reason I’m where I am today is all the help I got here.

I remember all too well how it felt being in your shoes as an applicant and I want to help alleviate some of the unknowns and stress as much as I can.

Reactions: 7 users
Hey 21RUSH12. Any tips on what we should do before we get to NYMC? About to quit my job and have some time off for a break

Is there a dress code for second look day? Business Casual?

Pre-II R today, placed on pre-II hold back in September, good luck to everyone else!

Still nothing on my end today, i interviewed 2/11. You called 2 weeks ago because you interviewed 2/7 and didnt hear back right?

That's exactly right. Today should be a decision day. They've usually gone out earlier than this though so I'm a bit confused

That's exactly right. Today should be a decision day. They've usually gone out earlier than this though so I'm a bit confused
Same, lets hope they are waiting til after lunch for post II decisions seeing as some posters posted pre II Rejections this morning

Same, lets hope they are waiting til after lunch for post II decisions seeing as some posters posted pre II Rejections this morning
I’m hoping too. I’m waiting to hear back from 2/14 as well and not knowing is killing me.

I'd like to know today because if it is good news then Id be able to book travel arrangements for 2nd Look this Friday

Doesn’t look like any post-II results are coming out today.

Not helping my stress level tbh

Is it all because of traffic rules? Last year they released the result on time with no delay.

I don’t expect traffic rules to be affecting things at the moment, although things have changed I try to keep on top of it. There’s any number of possible reasons but I’m sure they’ll get them out ASAP! Remember, they need to seat a class just as much as you need a seat in the class!

I don’t expect traffic rules to be affecting things at the moment, although things have changed I try to keep on top of it. There’s any number of possible reasons but I’m sure they’ll get them out ASAP! Remember, they need to seat a class just as much as you need a seat in the class!

Im wondering if we might get decisions more often than every other Monday now. because interview season is over. Such as, maybe tomorrow we hear something because we didnt today (the every other Monday). Or maybe Wednesday this week, and then maybe Thursday next week. Just thinkin out loud

Im wondering if we might get decisions more often than every other Monday now. because interview season is over. Such as, maybe tomorrow we hear something because we didnt today (the every other Monday). Or maybe Wednesday this week, and then maybe Thursday next week. Just thinkin out loud
I hope we hear tomorrow. I can’t take the suspense.