Mar 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
received an email today 10:34, rejection. They offered one of their masters program with conditional acceptance into their medical program. The masters they offered was the interdisciplinary basic medical science 2 year masters. Already have a similar offer at SUNY Upstate for a 1 year masters, so will most likely take the shorter route. Kinda expected this because of my average MCAT. Overall its very nice to see medical programs offering alternative routes into their med.schools!

Dec 18, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I got an email asking if I still wanted to stay on the waitlist
Interviewed in the Fall... hopefully that means we can expect waitlist movement soon!

edb63

2+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I got an email asking if I still wanted to stay on the waitlist
Interviewed in the Fall... hopefully that means we can expect waitlist movement soon!
Had you answered the initial waitlist notification saying you’ll accept a spot on the list?

Apr 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I know a lot of people posted they were withdrawing their A's before April 30th, but has there been any waitlist movement since than?

21Rush12

Searching a cave behind a waterfall
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know the average step scores?
I really wouldn’t recommend using this as a metric in choosing your school. Your ability to do well on the test will be in your hands when the time comes as you’ll see when you get closer to it. Individual goals/effort/prep are much greater influence than what school you’re at.

These numbers aren’t easily found and random reddit sources are not reliable, so it’s hard to know in the first place.

Apr 23, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
When could we expect waitlist movement?
it’s already happened. My friend’s friend got in off the waitlist. I know nothing about their stats or anything else.

Dec 11, 2018
So safe to say if we didn't hear anything by now hope is lost?
Since not one person posted to SDN getting off of waitlist I doubt it was very many people that came off. According to MSAR around 50 come off so I wouldn’t lose all hope yet.

edb63

2+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
So safe to say if we didn't hear anything by now hope is lost?
I’ve called and been told they expect a lot of late movement (like June maybe even July). The new rules have left them more unsure than usual at this point. So the movement so far is very minimal.

Reactions: premedxx
Apr 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I’ve sent in an update letter since getting waitlisted but no LOI. Maybe they’re sending it to those who they haven’t received any communication from in general?

Oct 25, 2018
I’ve sent in an update letter since getting waitlisted but no LOI. Maybe they’re sending it to those who they haven’t received any communication from in general?
The thing with this is that I recently got wait listed (~April 25th) because I had a late interview.

It's been little over two weeks since I accepted my position on the wait list.

Apr 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
The thing with this is that I recently got wait listed (~April 25th) because I had a late interview.

It's been little over two weeks since I accepted my position on the wait list.
Maybe you just got lumped in with those folks since you heard back so late. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing as long as you let them know you wish to keep your position on the waitlist.

Reactions: Pnomnomnom

21Rush12

Searching a cave behind a waterfall
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2014
Status
Medical Student
It seems like the changes in traffic rules and things may be affecting how they’re handling things. If you’ve sent letter of intent/update/whatever, your job is done. All there is to do is wait for them.

And of course, as the late scholar Tom Petty once said, “the waiting is the hardest part.”