2018-2019 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I forgot to send my Casper score until they sent that reminder email, even though I took it in May. Got an II today though so I guess it didn’t matter that much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone complete in September that got IIs? would be willing to share your LM if so?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else complete 7/21ish and not heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I was marked complete on 8/9 and then put on hold 8/29 and didnt realize... is this basically a rejection?

Placed on hold today. Is this a good or bad hold?

From what I've heard, their hold is a soft-rejection like UCSD and Drexel. Best to just assume it's a rejection and forget about the school, and be pleasantly surprised if you get an II down the road

I emailed an update to the admissions email and received an auto-message acknowledging receipt this weekend.

How long did it take? I have not heard anything back for 10 days and don't know if I should check in with them.

From what I've heard, their hold is a soft-rejection like UCSD and Drexel. Best to just assume it's a rejection and forget about the school, and be pleasantly surprised if you get an II down the road

This is completely not true, people come off hold in January and beyond routinely and interview/are accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Is this a school where no news is good news? I haven't gotten a hold or anything.

Work with a chick who is now a resident. She said she was ready to pack her sunscreen before she got an II in April and an acceptance in May

Reactions: 8 users
has anybody who took the 7/25 Casper been put on hold?
I took it then. Was placed on hold late August. My GPA is at around their median but my MCAT is considerably higher.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone interview here yet? I am interviewing this week and was hoping for some feedback on the interview day

I took it then. Was placed on hold late August. My GPA is at around their median but my MCAT is considerably higher.

Did you receive an email or just a portal update for hold?

hey guys,

So i submitted my secondary on the 11th of august and I still dont see my letters on the seconadry page. Under letters it says: in order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the admissions office

Under application fee:
8/11-your secondary application has been submitted

Anyone else in this situation? I contacted them a few weeks ago and they said it takes up to 6 weeks to be processed. But now its been way more than 6 weeks?

hey guys,

So i submitted my secondary on the 11th of august and I still dont see my letters on the seconadry page. Under letters it says: in order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the admissions office

Under application fee:
8/11-your secondary application has been submitted

Anyone else in this situation? I contacted them a few weeks ago and they said it takes up to 6 weeks to be processed. But now its been way more than 6 weeks?

If it makes you feel better, I submitted my secondary around the same time as you did and my portal didn't update with my Casper and letters until yesterday. NYMC is super slow

Complete 07/19, still nothing

Where does it show up saying that you are on hold, under which section on the homepage?

Reactions: 2 users
II just now, earliest dates were first and second week of February

Is anyone still under review? I feel like I've been on this status for a very long time :/

Reactions: 6 users
I just hit under review yesterday. Seems like I have a long wait ahead of me.

I just hit under review yesterday. Seems like I have a long wait ahead of me.

I submitted my secondary three weeks before they even acknowledged it and put me under review, so I know what you mean :/

II this afternoon. Complete 8/8, OOS, LizzyM ~68. dates from mid to late Feb

Reactions: 2 users
Completed 7/17, received an interview invite 3 days ago!

Reactions: 5 users