2018-2019 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been complete since 7/20 and just now i got an email telling me I need to submit my CASPer. ah wtf

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II, so excited!! I was complete on 7/23, LizzyM 70-71. Earliest available interview dates were at the end of November

Reactions: 6 users
How long did it take for you guys secondary to process after submitting it. I submitted mine on 08/31 and I still have this in my portal -
  • In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office.

How long did it take for you guys secondary to process after submitting it. I submitted mine on 08/31 and I still have this in my portal -
  • In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office.
I submitted 8/17 and it said everything was processed on 8/21 so it may be pushed back from the holiday

Reactions: 1 user
II! SO PUMPED! LizzyM 70, WARS ~75, IS, complete (including Ca$per) 7/27.

Reactions: 5 users
II this morninggggg! OOS ORM, LizzyM ~71, complete 7/20

Reactions: 3 users

For me, I had everything in by 8/13 but wasn’t complete until 8/27! Have seen that it took a while for other people as well

II this morning! Complete 7/26. First MD interview and I’m very excited! Earliest dates to schedule were the first week of December.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just received a II! First available was December for me though

Reactions: 2 users
II today! OOS. LizzyM 69-70. Dates available beginning of December. First MD interview of the cycle :)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone had the issue where you click the drop-down menu but nothing drops down?

II TODAY! SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE BABY! Excited to go to visit this school. Early December dates available.

When did you try scheduling your interview? I am trying right now but it says there are no dates available lol

When did you try scheduling your interview? I am trying right now but it says there are no dates available lol
I did it like an hour after I got the email. Hmm. I'm sure you tried to log out and log back in. Maybe the spots for this round were all filled? Probably email them.

I did it like an hour after I got the email. Hmm. I'm sure you tried to log out and log back in. Maybe the spots for this round were all filled? Probably email them.
Ok, I didnt do it until like 6 hours later so I guess I will have to call them tomorrow

Congrats to all the interviews! Take a look at MMI tips online, and review this thread/last year’s for some general advice.

Those waiting, sit tight! It’s a long season!

I got a II this morning at 10:40 EST but was able to schedule in October. Maybe they only interview once a month! Lizzy M 71 OOS

II today as well! OOS, LM 66-69. complete 7/27. earliest date for me was second week of December. Sheeeeesh

Reactions: 4 users
I got a II this morning at 10:40 EST but was able to schedule in October. Maybe they only interview once a month! Lizzy M 71 OOS

Absolutely not. They interview three days per week for the whole interview season. You probably booked a cancellation.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm so nervous! I was marked complete on 8/7 and my LM is around 68. I hope they consider me!!!

I'm so nervous! I was marked complete on 8/7 and my LM is around 68. I hope they consider me!!!
How do you know if you're complete. My portal says nothing including letters even though I have a committee letter from amcas

For those of you that have received II, were any of you on hold at first?

I submitted my secondary around July 9th, OOS with LM~70 and still haven't heard anything. I know it's still early but seeing people who were completed after me with similar stats getting II makes be extra neurotic lol

I submitted my secondary around July 9th, OOS with LM~70 and still haven't heard anything. I know it's still early but seeing people who were completed after me with similar stats getting II makes be extra neurotic lol
Slot are filling up really quickly too. They are already scheduling for December!!

For those asking about holds, I was not on hold prior to my II

Really weird that they started scheduling in October and are already in January.

Time is nowhere near running out — interviews go through the end of March. Don’t worry too much!
Is it not though? If they’re already scheduling into January there’s only a handful of dates left before the season ends

Edit- apparently interviews continue through April so they do have a late season

Last edited:
Is it not though? If they’re already scheduling into January there’s only a handful of dates left before the season ends

Edit- apparently interviews continue through April so they do have a late season

I’m sure. You’re also probably not considering that many interviews get canceled by the applicant and those spots are filled.

I’m sure. You’re also probably not considering that many interviews get canceled by the applicant and those spots are filled.
Woah How common is it for people to give up II at this school? It can’t be that many to make a significant difference right? Everyone here is basically dying for an II

Sorry, I've never applied before this cycle, but I'm just wondering under what circumstances do people cancel interviews?

Woah How common is it for people to give up II at this school? It can’t be that many to make a significant difference right? Everyone here is basically dying for an II
People deny an II if they're accepted somewhere already that they prefer. It happens every year. I would think that would start after Oct 15

Is it possible for someone complete late July and not on hold yet to get an interview much later on in the cycle? I was on hold last year and this year I am still in review and people who submitted after have been put on hold or given an interview, so I am trying to figure out whether that is good or bad.

Is it possible for someone complete late July and not on hold yet to get an interview much later on in the cycle? I was on hold last year and this year I am still in review and people who submitted after have been put on hold or given an interview, so I am trying to figure out whether that is good or bad.
+1

The way I approach hold situations is this: if its a low yield school (GWU, NYMC, Georgetown, to name a few specifics) then I would assume a rejection unless told otherwise later on. At the same time, I am pretty sure that there are some schools that just hold practically everyone decent at the beginning of the cycle and hand over very few interviews initially (typically URM, stellar stats, alumni, etc) and then open them up after they see more of the applicants for the current cycle, including many of those initially on hold.

I understand that some people will argue that on hold isn't a rejection and that applicants every year go from being on hold to interview invite later in the cycle. Although that may be true, when a school has 10,000+ applicants and only like 750 interviews or less if you don't get an interview invite after the first look of your application, your chances probably go way way down (and in my opinion non-existent at certain low yield schools). And a couple of positive sdn anecdotes doesn't exactly excite me about my chances as an applicant on hold at these schools lol.