2018-2019 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Fine, I'll ask the uncomfortable questions....Do we think that those of us without decisions have been rejected or waitlisted given that those accepted seem to have received instruction to move along with portal/login stuff?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Fine, I'll ask the uncomfortable questions....Do we think that those of us without decisions have been rejected or waitlisted given that those accepted seem to have received instruction to move along with portal/login stuff?

No. They accepted people in March last year and have already rejected people post-II. You are still in the running if you haven’t recieved a decision yet.

Reactions: 4 users
No...? Just be patient my friend. There's no point in being pessimistic until it's truly over, and we haven't even made it out of February. I'd expect more in March, but no one here is clairvoyant and knows for certain what will happen. Just relax, that's all you can do.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have advice for additional communication after sending a LOI? I sent one after initial deferment, and then got the defer to March email yesterday. Should I send another update or LOI? I know you'd typically only send it once, but I'm not sure what to make of the "continue to welcome your letters of continued interest and intent" line in the email.

Anyone have advice for additional communication after sending a LOI? I sent one after initial deferment, and then got the defer to March email yesterday. Should I send another update or LOI? I know you'd typically only send it once, but I'm not sure what to make of the "continue to welcome your letters of continued interest and intent" line in the email.
I would just wait in case you're waitlisted

Alright, I'm confused. I received the email telling me to go to SailPoint IdentityIQ , I entered the provided credential, and changed the password. What else do i need to do? How do I activate my Northwestern email? Or did I already activate it by logging in already? Thanks for the help in advance.

Alright, I'm confused. I received the email telling me to go to SailPoint IdentityIQ , I entered the provided credential, and changed the password. What else do i need to do? How do I activate my Northwestern email? Or did I already activate it by logging in already? Thanks for the help in advance.

I did the same as you, then went to umail.northwestern.edu/activate (which IT told me to do), but a screen popped up that said "not eligible to activate an account"... very confused too. I'll call IT again today and find out!

I did the same as you, then went to umail.northwestern.edu/activate (which IT told me to do), but a screen popped up that said "not eligible to activate an account"... very confused too. I'll call IT again today and find out!
Just tried, also says not eligible...

Just tried, also says not eligible...
Called again and figured it out! You have to go mail.northwestern.edu and sign in with your NET ID and password and your inbox will pop up. The IT guy said to wait on accessing Caeser information since its not March 1st yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think there’s a round today?

Called again and figured it out! You have to go mail.northwestern.edu and sign in with your NET ID and password and your inbox will pop up. The IT guy said to wait on accessing Caeser information since its not March 1st yet

CAESAR worked for me today.

Nada.

Should add, I interviewed late-Jan.

Last edited:
Accepted via email. Interviewed in January.

Nothing here for me either

Edit: Late Jan Interview

How many other January have yet to hear anything?

Wondering if we’re being put off for an inevitable WL

Accepted just now, interviewed in January!

Reactions: 1 users
Haven’t heard anything and interviewed mid January

Still waiting from september. This is one of my longest relationships tbh

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone else accepted still not receive any email/CEASAR info?

Still waiting from september. This is one of my longest relationships tbh

Lol same, the school was nice but wasn't a fan of the location though so not gonna be too sad about the results.

how do they release merit aid info? does it just come through cesar with your package?

Reactions: 2 users
how do they release merit aid info? does it just come through cesar with your package?
looked at the thread from last year, and it seems like you are notified of merit scholarships via email. Only need-based grants/scholarships go through CAESAR.

FYI: stuff got delayed because of the school closure/weather. Patience!

Are you referring to there still bring more acceptances going out?
Given that it seems like most late January people haven't heard at all (and plenty earlier ones too), I'm guessing more As are still coming. Especially since someone called a few weeks ago and they said they had many more to give out, but only very few people reported anything here.

Reactions: 2 users