2018-2019 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they send decisions 6 pm EST or 6 pm central? Cause I haven't received anything
why u even stress bruh ddnt you get that sweet Duke acceptance today?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here. I guess they're waiting until next week to accept more people.

R here too post II. Interviewed here in October and was deferred until March.
Good luck to everyone else!

Received an acceptance email just now at 6PM. Interviewed mid-November and was deferred in January. I also had the "deferred to March" message in my portal.

Reactions: 9 users
Received an acceptance email just now at 6PM. Interviewed mid-November and was deferred in January. I also had the "deferred to March" message in my portal.
Ah congrats! That’s awesome. But likely bad news for the rest of us who haven’t heard anything, I’m guessing

Ah congrats! That’s awesome. But likely bad news for the rest of us who haven’t heard anything, I’m guessing

Sure it's not great to wait but if they were gonna reject the rest of us they would have done so already.

How many January people have heard so far?

Checking in - haven't heard a thing.

A! Interviewed in September. Deferred to February in November and deferred again to March until today. Sent a letter of continued interest after earlier this week after receiving the deferral to March status.

Reactions: 7 users
Fairly confident most Jan people have not heard back (positively), so far only @#thriving I think

Reactions: 1 user
So if we supposed to hear by end of February... but there’s not Friday’s left in February... what’s everyone best guess of what day we’ll hear back about acceptance/wait list/rejection?

Also congrats to all accepted!! I hope to be classmates some day :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think all the acceptances for people originally deferred post interview have likely been released by now?

Do we think all the acceptances for people originally deferred post interview have likely been released by now?

I wouldn’t lose hope just yet - last year some deferred people got accepted into mid-March. I’d figure there’s two more weeks/rounds where being accepted is possible

For any of you who interviewed from mid December to January, has your portal updated to say you will be re-evaluated? deferred to March? Or does it still say Thank you and you will hear back in 6-8 weeks after your interview? Mine hasn't changed and I interviewed mid December

I interviewed mid-December and it still says notification is coming in 6-8 weeks. Almost seems like my app is being put on the back-burner. I don't think it's looking good for us but I'm also trying to not read too much into it. Maybe it's a WL, maybe they're still deliberating, maybe we're in the R queue. But who really knows. Good luck to you!

Just received email about delayed decision until March. Interviewed early fall, deferred in Nov

Reactions: 6 users
Deferred, interviewed mid Dec. Kind of see this as a win in that it sounds like we're still under consideration and would have gotten axed otherwise.

Reactions: 2 users
I also got this email but it’s the same exact language that has been in my portal ever since I got deferred in Jan, so I’m confused how this is different

Actually nevermind, I guess the language in the email is slightly different

Interviewed late October, deferred, then deferred again till March. And I got the email today, too. How exactly do you guys think this is different than our previous situation?

Interviewed late October, deferred, then deferred again till March. And I got the email today, too. How exactly do you guys think this is different than our previous situation?

I don't think that this is any different from where we all were before with respect to a final admissions decision. This email seems more like a courtesy just to say "Hey, we haven't gotten to you yet, we originally planned to get to you earlier but because the interview season was delayed due to the polar vortex we're running a bit behind. Thanks for understanding."

In other words, it seems more like notification of a non-decision than anything. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing- My portal is the same, and this email was addressed to a large group of us saying it may take some more time for decisions to come out. They probably just need some more time to finish application review than they originally anticipated from the end of February.

Pretty sure everyone waiting on a decision got the email today

Haha I am glad that we can all rejoice over our non-decisions!!!

I got the email also. I don’t think it means much but sort of an early wait list that we might be taken off any of the next few weeks. Does anyone know what does the email mean by “Due to the unexpected length of our extended interview season this year”? Was there a difference in how many people they interviewed?

I got the email also. I don’t think it means much but sort of an early wait list that we might be taken off any of the next few weeks. Does anyone know what does the email mean by “Due to the unexpected length of our extended interview season this year”? Was there a difference in how many people they interviewed?
No, I think it just got extended because of the freezing cold weather in end of January that led to a cancelled interview day or two.

I don't think this email means anything besides a courtesy acknowledgement that they're running behind schedule and won't necessarily give us decisions by the original end of February timeline (as a previous poster said)

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah, it doesn't sound quite like a deferral, just a notification that they're running behind.
This Friday is March 1st, so fingers crossed? The tone of the email makes it sound like it's going to be next week or later though.

Reactions: 3 users
I also got the deferred decision email, interviewed mid-January. I know this was briefly mentioned before, but what are your guys' opinions on sending a letter of intent now versus after a waitlist decision? Do you think it will make a significant difference? Thanks in advance.

I also got the deferred decision email, interviewed mid-January. I know this was briefly mentioned before, but what are your guys' opinions on sending a letter of intent now versus after a waitlist decision? Do you think it will make a significant difference? Thanks in advance.

The email did mention sending letters/updates so might be worth sending one if this is your top choice.

I would personally wait to see if I was on the waitlist. You may get accepted outright (yay!) or rejected outright (boo!). In either case, a letter of intent will probably not change the outcome. If you are on the waitlist a letter of intent might have some impact.

Has anyone been able to access their email or CAESAR? I want to make sure it's not user error before I contact them.

Has anyone been able to access their email or CAESAR? I want to make sure it's not user error before I contact them.

Got into my email but not CAESAR. I was a Northwestern undergrad though and just had to reactivate my NetID.

actually, I just tried to access the CAESAR portal and it won't let me. the page just keeps "refreshing" but never actually showing anything after I put in my credentials

actually, I just tried to access the CAESAR portal and it won't let me. the page just keeps "refreshing" but never actually showing anything after I put in my credentials
I can't access either. The instructions they gave only show you how to activate your netID, but the link I found to email doesn't work and neither does CAESAR.

Same here. I called IT and apparently we're supposed to login with MS Outlook 365, but that didn't work either. They also instructed me to set up multi-factor authentication to access CAESAR, to no avail...

Same here. I called IT and apparently we're supposed to login with MS Outlook 365, but that didn't work either. They also instructed me to set up multi-factor authentication to access CAESAR, to no avail...
did they give you instructions to set up multi-factor authentication? I don't think that was in the email