2018-2019 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get an II lately?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
For current medical students monitoring this thread, will i be okay with a front wheel drive car if i add some snow tires to it, or do i absolutely need an all wheel drive?

i grew up in new england. front wheel drive with good winter tires is fine. just drive slow. its usually the all wheel drive cars in accidents since they get over confident

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from the 11/26 interview group hear back yet?

accepted!!!! (found out yesterday actually, but waited until today to post just to make sure it wasn't a dream) interviewed 9/24-- an absolute DREAM come true!!! :soexcited:congrats to everyone who got good news & HANG IN THERE to anyone still waiting :happy:
stats?

Got an acceptance email half an hour ago!!! LizzyM of 69, OOS, interviewed mid November.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! Late November interview. Non-trad, reinventor.

Accepted! Interviewed early December
LizzyM: 64

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Do you guys think that if I don't hear by January that I should send a letter/email to admissions? I would kill for an interview at this school but my MCAT is low (508) despite a good GPA (3.85 science 3.8 cum). Figured it might be worth a shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think that if I don't hear by January that I should send a letter/email to admissions? I would kill for an interview at this school but my MCAT is low (508) despite a good GPA (3.85 science 3.8 cum). Figured it might be worth a shot.

I would give it a try. In my opinion, Quinnipiac seems to be pretty receptive to being contacted and they truly pay attention to what you have to say (at the interview, the dean of admissions has everyone's stories memorized), so I don't think it would hurt. I am not 100% sure, though, so if anyone disagrees please chime in!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted on 12.14 interviewed on 11.26... first MD acceptance :)

Reactions: 7 users
Do they do silent rejections? Since they don't accept updates, idk what to do other than waiting

Does anyone know if they accept pre-ii update letters?

II yesterday (12/30)

Reactions: 3 users
Yikes! Long wait!
I know o_O

I think schools are having a second wind or something because I got 3 IIs the past 2 weeks and I was complete almost everywhere June or early July.

Reactions: 3 users
I know o_O

I think schools are having a second wind or something because I got 3 IIs the past 2 weeks and I was complete almost everywhere June or early July.

Wow! That’s great!

Thanks!

3.5 cGPA in an honors program with 2 minors
514 MCAT
2 years as a surgical assistant
Significant research with publications
President of a club
Nationally ranked athlete
Pretty average volunteering
Solid LORs

Can someone recommend the best way to get from Bradley Springfield Airport to North Haven on a Sunday? :rolleyes:

I couldn't tell if anyone answered this already but, I too would like to know lol. Flying into Tweed is SO EXPENSIVE UGH
In my case it would be a Thursday, or a Sunday

I couldn't tell if anyone answered this already but, I too would like to know lol. Flying into Tweed is SO EXPENSIVE UGH
In my case it would be a Thursday, or a Sunday

I flew into Bradley and just Ubered to the hotel. The Uber was ~$70 but I didn’t have much of an option as it was a Sunday. You might be able to call the hotel and see if they can shuttle you for free, but the Bradley airport is like 50 miles away.

Oof this place is lowkey a pain in the butt to travel to... Thankful for interview opportunity but sheesh

Oof this place is lowkey a pain in the butt to travel to... Thankful for interview opportunity but sheesh
You may be able to split the fee on the way back with one of the other interviewers if they’re headed to the airport as well - it’s what I did!

Anyone invited to the FB group for accepted students yet? Or is there one yet?

Anyone invited to the FB group for accepted students yet? Or is there one yet?
The URL for it is in the acceptance packet that got mailed. You can go to the page and request to join.

No they don't. It's stated in the "application complete" email. :(
just to clarify, this is what the email says, "Any information you would like to add to your application after you have submitted your secondary can only be done in pdf format through the Additional Information section found in your Secondary Application account. Please do not send any updates to the school through email or postal mail."

So they DO in fact accept updates, it just needs to be via portal! They just don't want them through email or post. Cheers!

just to clarify, this is what the email says, "Any information you would like to add to your application after you have submitted your secondary can only be done in pdf format through the Additional Information section found in your Secondary Application account. Please do not send any updates to the school through email or postal mail."

So they DO in fact accept updates, it just needs to be via portal! They just don't want them through email or post. Cheers!
Sorry about my misread. Let’s go update them now!

For anyone who has been accepted and is working on the scholarships - do we know how Netter defines first generation college students? I know that some schools consider first gen to be "neither parent has 4 year degree." My father has an AA, so I'm unsure if they'll consider me first gen or not. I have a compelling story to tell, but I don't want to waste their time if I don't check the boxes. Also, my student interviewer commented on the fact that neither of my parents were 4 year college grads, so it makes me feel like the lines are a bit blurred.

For anyone who has been accepted and is working on the scholarships - do we know how Netter defines first generation college students? I know that some schools consider first gen to be "neither parent has 4 year degree." My father has an AA, so I'm unsure if they'll consider me first gen or not. I have a compelling story to tell, but I don't want to waste their time if I don't check the boxes. Also, my student interviewer commented on the fact that neither of my parents were 4 year college grads, so it makes me feel like the lines are a bit blurred.

First gen is defined as neither of your parents completing a bachelors degree. So even if they got an AA, or went to college but dropped out before graduating, you’d still be classified as a first generation college student

II on Friday (1/4)

Complete late august

Reactions: 4 users