2018-2019 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II rejection today, complete end of July

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
not sure. you would have to go through this thread to see. and it is a small sample size too. do you have an upcoming interview?

Does anyone know when Quinnipiac’s last interview is?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the R! Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

R complete September lmao I just love this process

Also have not received a pre-II R yet, complete late July. Do we know how late they typically extend IIs?

Idk, maybe they just haven’t gotten around to look at my app and reject me ;)
Honestly, that's been all I've been thinking with all of the pre-II R.

I wonder if there's a "not even gonna bother with that app" pile?

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, that's been all I've been thinking with all of the pre-II R.

I wonder if there's a "not even gonna bother with that app" pile?
Ditto. I was thinking that too. But why not just automatically reject that “pile”

Ditto. I was thinking that too. But why not just automatically reject that “pile”

I don’t think this is the case. I think it’s either 1. people they’re still considering for an interview and in some kind of backup pile pending people that decline their interview as more acceptances come out or 2. Just genuinely haven’t gotten around to making a final decision

wait..im alive. can i get an interview now

I think it’s cause they have to copy/paste your name lol. This wasn’t a “dear applicant” email that schools like wake can send out in mass

I think it’s cause they have to copy/paste your name lol. This wasn’t a “dear applicant” email that schools like wake can send out in mass
I thought they'd have a program that'll fill in the names lol. Or perhaps they don't have that and actually have to do it manually. :nailbiting:

I thought they'd have a program that'll fill in the names lol. Or perhaps they don't have that and actually have to do it manually. :nailbiting:

No idea haha. It would be kind of funny if they had to enter each person’s name manually

If there is someone who is doing that, they need a bonus for real. :D

Lol it would be a nightmare for HR/admin support if they didn't have a program that auto-populates names for them. I guarantee they didn't put in the names manually.

Lol it would be a nightmare for HR/admin support if they didn't have a program that auto-populates names for them. I guarantee they didn't put in the names manually.

Fun fact (I learned this while working in a non-profit) Microsoft Word let's you send mass, customized, emails.
It's a feature called mail merge.
It let's you customize a lot of things such as recipient name (you can even add personal notes to each recipient).
So, I kinda laugh at the programs that send the "dear applicant” emails lol

Also finally got the R. Damn near took them long enough. My only wish is that they would have rejected me back in the fall instead of stringing me along in silence for months on end

Also finally got the R. Damn near took them long enough. My only wish is that they would have rejected me back in the fall instead of stringing me along in silence for months on end
I just want to say that I'm on the same train as you in response to:
R: Way too many to count :highfive:

Rejected this morning pre II. Feb is turning out to be the R month for me

Pre II rejection yesterday morning, oh well! I don’t love The CT lifestyle anyway.

Can anyone clarify the deadline for the scholarships? Is it two weeks after being accepted or does this two weeks only apply to those admitted after march 1st?

Can anyone clarify the deadline for the scholarships? Is it two weeks after being accepted or does this two weeks only apply to those admitted after march 1st?

It’s March 1st for everyone accepted before March. People who were accepted after March have two weeks after their acceptance

To those who have interviewed here, what is the schedule for the day? I read that interviews were after lunch, but I was wondering how the interview day starts (meet with the Dean, find out about academics, financial aid, etc) and whether it is still true that you do not really need to bring anything with you (I think I remember reading that they provide you a notebook to take notes). Also during the individual interviews, did anyone get asked an ethical question or a question about the healthcare system? Thank you so much in advance!

To those who have interviewed here, what is the schedule for the day? I read that interviews were after lunch, but I was wondering how the interview day starts (meet with the Dean, find out about academics, financial aid, etc) and whether it is still true that you do not really need to bring anything with you (I think I remember reading that they provide you a notebook to take notes). Also during the individual interviews, did anyone get asked an ethical question or a question about the healthcare system? Thank you so much in advance!

You meet with a few different administrators (all very friendly), learn about the curriculum, service opportunities, preceptorship structure, financial aid, etc. Then there's lunch with ~4 current students and they run an informal Q&A. Then are two ~45 minute interviews. Mine were very laid back and no questions about the healthcare system. Then the dean comes in for an informal group interview (but it honestly didn't feel like an interview - it was more of him just trying to say hello to everyone and chatting with everyone a little bit) and then they end the day with a tour. My day started at 10:45 and ended at around 5pm.

Anyone who interviewed in January hear back yet? I'm about 1 month s/p interview. Thanks