2018-2019 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been so confused why it has been RADIO silence from them. Unfortunately, life got in the way, so my secondary wasn't complete until 10/22. With that said, I was expecting to hear something by now. After reading this thread, I decided to check when they received my letters of recommendation (which were verified along with my AMCAS on 8/6). Just saw they only received my letters 1/1....... WHAT the heck is that about??? I am IS and was really hoping to get an II here. Has anyone received an II lately?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email from studentedition@certiphi today regarding background check? Is this legit? Seems odd that it wouldn't come directly from AAMC.

Reactions: 1 user
I just withdrew from my interview 1/18, hopefully someone can use my spot!

Anyone know if they’re still sending out IIs or are they pretty much done? Been radio silence for 6 months now

Does Quinnipiac reject post interview or is everyone put on the waitlist?

I have been so confused why it has been RADIO silence from them. Unfortunately, life got in the way, so my secondary wasn't complete until 10/22. With that said, I was expecting to hear something by now. After reading this thread, I decided to check when they received my letters of recommendation (which were verified along with my AMCAS on 8/6). Just saw they only received my letters 1/1....... WHAT the heck is that about??? I am IS and was really hoping to get an II here. Has anyone received an II lately?
Mine says 1/1/1900 lol. Must be a system error tho.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have some interview tips? Interviewing here on Friday! Feeling a bit nervous :sick:

Cancelled my interview and withdrew my app, hopefully it goes to one of you guys :joyful:

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone have some interview tips? Interviewing here on Friday! Feeling a bit nervous :sick:

Congrats on your interview! It’s a very relaxed interview, so don’t fret too much. Just be prepared to talk about yourself. Review your application and reflect on how your experiences have informed your decision to enter medicine. From my experience, it’s okay and even encouraged to get deep about your thoughts/feelings in this journey.

Netter is a pretty diverse school and appreciate anything that makes you a unique person. If you have a unique background or unique path to medicine, definitely play that up (be genuine obviously. If it didn’t play much of a role in your decision to enter medicine, then don’t pretend that it did just for diversity’s sake).

Finally, Dr. Yeckel, the chair of admissions, will know just about everything about you. Don’t be scared

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on your interview! It’s a very relaxed interview, so don’t fret too much. Just be prepared to talk about yourself. Review your application and reflect on how your experiences have informed your decision to enter medicine. From my experience, it’s okay and even encouraged to get deep about your thoughts/feelings in this journey.

Netter is a pretty diverse school and appreciate anything that makes you a unique person. If you have a unique background or unique path to medicine, definitely play that up (be genuine obviously. If it didn’t play much of a role in your decision to enter medicine, then don’t pretend that it did just for diversity’s sake).

Finally, Dr. Yeckel, the chair of admissions, will know just about everything about you. Don’t be scared

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it! :) I'm really excited for this school which I think is leading to my nervousness. Would you say there were many ethical questions?

Thanks again for your response!!

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it! :) I'm really excited for this school which I think is leading to my nervousness. Would you say there were many ethical questions?

Thanks again for your response!!

I didn’t get any ethical questions, just asked about my experiences, but your mileage may vary. Good luck!

Does anyone know if they are still sending out II?

Reactions: 5 users
When I asked them, Admissions told me they do not have interviews in Feb, so I would think not, unless they have added more dates since I emailed them in Dec.
Also are there any current students at Quinn on this thread? Got a couple questions I'd like to ask

Accepted yesterday! Interviewed 1/7

When I asked them, Admissions told me they do not have interviews in Feb, so I would think not, unless they have added more dates since I emailed them in Dec.
Also are there any current students at Quinn on this thread? Got a couple questions I'd like to ask

yep! current student here

Do any current students have feedback on the pre-matriculation program? Would you recommend it? Also what is the stipend? Trying to decide if it's worth quitting my job for the program

Do any current students have feedback on the pre-matriculation program? Would you recommend it? Also what is the stipend? Trying to decide if it's worth quitting my job for the program

Have you found how to apply to this program yet? I searched their site and couldn't find anything.

Any pre II Rs from Quinnipiac yet?

Reactions: 5 users
My LORs finally changed from the early 20th century (01/01/1901) to 2019 on the portal lmao

axed pre II today. as I've said on other threads I actually appreciate hearing back now instead of in April.

Reactions: 2 users
Rejecteddddd (pre-II)
They a coming, y’all. My schools are slowly trickling in with them R’s

when were yall complete? i'm fully bracing for the wave but it hasn't hit yet.

Pre-II rejection as well. Oh well, at least they did not string me along until May. Good luck to everyone still in the running!