2018-2019 Saint Louis University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know the deadline to select commit to enroll in AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew from the alternate list this morning, good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait so do we need to resubmit the AMCAS primary to stay on the alternate list? I just filled out that survey shouldn't that be enough?

Wait so do we need to resubmit the AMCAS primary to stay on the alternate list? I just filled out that survey shouldn't that be enough?

I don’t see why that would be required if your info has not changed. You should call them for a definitive answer if you’re worried.

Does anyone know how soon we should expect waitlist movement?

I mean yes but it varies from school to school on how soon that movement begins. Are we looking at days or weeks here

How could we possibly know? That is strictly based on how many spots become available. The “deadline” is today and historically there is generally movement on 5/1, the first week of May and then until school begins.

How could we possibly know? That is strictly based on how many spots become available. The “deadline” is today and historically there is generally movement on 5/1, the first week of May and then until school begins.

:thumbup:

Accepted off the waitlist today. MAJOR underdog !! So excited !!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Correct if I'm wrong, but the waitlist is strictly ranked, correct? Would a LOI (or I guess even an update to a lesser extent) have any bearing on that ranking?

Correct if I'm wrong, but the waitlist is strictly ranked, correct? Would a LOI (or I guess even an update to a lesser extent) have any bearing on that ranking?

I think the rank is very strict as you said. I wouldn’t try sending an LOI at this point because I haven’t heard of them being particularly receptive to these. An update may be more helpful, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is ranked, but they seem very receptive to updates as they said get them in asap so they can be added to your file and considered. I think an LOI can't hurt.

For what it’s worth I sent a LOI the day they sent the email about staying on the waitlist.

Any accepted people hear back about the next steps we need to do, like vaccines and stuff?

Any accepted people hear back about the next steps we need to do, like vaccines and stuff?

On the FAQ from the facebook it says they'll send out vaccine information sometime in May/June. They're waiting until the class list is more finalized.

On the FAQ from the facebook it says they'll send out vaccine information sometime in May/June. They're waiting until the class list is more finalized.
Thamks!

Withdrew already but I came back to check on this thread to see how you all are doing.

Damn, this thread is dead. Hope some of waitlist movement starts soon for you guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted off the waitlist today! Interviewed on December 3rd.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an email for Alternate List required survey #2. I guess they will be sending these out every so often to keep track of people's interests

Reactions: 4 users
I just got an email for Alternate List required survey #2. I guess they will be sending these out every so often to keep track of people's interests
Hopefully we will see some more movement after these surveys

I got the survey as well. I got so excited when I saw the email. They are toying with my emotions haha

anyone hear anything? awfully quiet here :(

anyone hear anything? awfully quiet here :(
Still nothing. I called a few days ago and they said that they are still processing acceptance withdrawals and are gradually accepting off of the waitlist. I just feel like more of us on sdn should have heard things if there was much movement at all.

To add to the convo: im on alternate, sent in a letter of intent, accepted elsewhere and called to explain that I love this school. So I'm another person waiting lol! I have no knowledge and the movement speed, but it is moving so.

It's strict waitlist but I also got the vibe that if you send in updates, those really do matter.

Info came from talking to admissions rep.

Reactions: 1 users
For those that have been accepted/recently accepted. How long does it take for them to upload your financial aid info?

Accepted OOS today off the WL! Interviewed early March

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who was was accepted know where the immunizations requirements are? I found the general one on SLU's website but I am not sure if the school of medicine has a specific one.

Anyone who was was accepted know where the immunizations requirements are? I found the general one on SLU's website but I am not sure if the school of medicine has a specific one.

I completed the AAMC immunization form a few months ago. Every medical school that accepted me said they would accept it and let me know if they needed supplemental information/tests.

Is the aid offered 80k for everyone? I thought they’d be giving me the university scholarship but apparently not.

And still no word regarding immunizations, but I downloaded the general forms and working through that right now