2021-2022 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to those who got accepted yesterday!

Just curious, did anyone not hear back at all yesterday? I interviewed 9/27 and didn't get any email.. Hope that doesn't mean an R :(

Members don't see this ad.

silence sine June = rejection?
Not quite. From the thread, it seems to me that the adcom is not reviewing apps in a strict chronological order but instead based on some unknown priorities. So don’t lose hope just yet! I’m sure they’ll get to our apps soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got accepted!! Didn’t see the email until just now because it went to my junk

Do y'all think the admissions committee would be receptive to a letter of interest? Completed in early August and no II yet. The wording they sent in the update email a few weeks ago ("In the meantime, the Committee is receptive to updates via the document portal, so any activity updates, letters of interest, corrections, or unofficial grade reports can be uploaded as a PDF.") seems to suggest that they don't mind receiving one, but I'm not sure if doing so is worth it/could provide an advantage or disadvantage. If so, would it be best to send one soon, or perhaps wait until January if I still haven't heard anything? Thanks!

Do y'all think the admissions committee would be receptive to a letter of interest? Completed in early August and no II yet. The wording they sent in the update email a few weeks ago ("In the meantime, the Committee is receptive to updates via the document portal, so any activity updates, letters of interest, corrections, or unofficial grade reports can be uploaded as a PDF.") seems to suggest that they don't mind receiving one, but I'm not sure if doing so is worth it/could provide an advantage or disadvantage. If so, would it be best to send one soon, or perhaps wait until January if I still haven't heard anything? Thanks!
I did it and got a II like a week later.

Reactions: 1 user
Forgot to post then but I got the A on 10/23! I decided to decline the offer on the portal. Best of luck to everyone!

Am I right in thinking that decisions come out via email as opposed to a call? Did anyone who was accepted get a call from the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! OOS and complete mid-September.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this has been asked already, but is SLU pretty good at sticking to the 6-8 week wait for your application update after an interview? I'm just trying to see when I can expect to hear back. Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is SLU pretty good at sticking to the 6-8 week wait for your application update after an interview? I'm just trying to see when I can expect to hear back. Thanks!
More or less. I interviewed 9/27 and heard back 11/23. So definitely closer to the 8 week mark

Reactions: 1 users
I interview at SLU on Monday. Would anyone be willing to share their experience with the interview?

pre-II R just now, complete end of june/very early July. I was under the impression that SLU ghosts us until spring if they decide to reject pre-II, so either my update letter (submitted on Sunday) prompted this, or they're done with IIs and are starting to reject. good luck to everyone still in the running!

• Care
I interview at SLU on Monday. Would anyone be willing to share their experience with the interview?
I interviewed very recently and thought it was honestly a very relaxed day. I will say that at least for me there was not a long gap between interviews and information sessions so you might not have time for lunch that day (or you would just have to eat it quicker!)

pre-II R just now, complete end of june/very early July. I was under the impression that SLU ghosts us until spring if they decide to reject pre-II, so either my update letter (submitted on Sunday) prompted this, or they're done with IIs and are starting to reject. good luck to everyone still in the running!

Just got a Pre-II Rejection as well so it looks like they'll start to make some decisions.

I interviewed very recently and thought it was honestly a very relaxed day. I will say that at least for me there was not a long gap between interviews and information sessions so you might not have time for lunch that day (or you would just have to eat it quicker!)
In the email it says: "
In addition to the interviews, there will be a presentation that will provide you with an opportunity to meet with current medical students and with the Dean of Admissions. This presentation will take place from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm CST. Please plan to take advantage of these opportunities." where do we access this presentation? Will they send a zoom link out?

In the email it says: "
In addition to the interviews, there will be a presentation that will provide you with an opportunity to meet with current medical students and with the Dean of Admissions. This presentation will take place from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm CST. Please plan to take advantage of these opportunities." where do we access this presentation? Will they send a zoom link out?
Yep, they sound out a zoom link in an email. It was sent the Friday before my interview, so it's normal if you haven't gotten it yet.

Yep, they sound out a zoom link in an email. It was sent the Friday before my interview, so it's normal if you haven't gotten it yet.
Just curious were you selected to have the student interview?

Complete same time but haven’t heard anything. I sent an update a while ago I assume I’m next for an R lol

How many of you guys who have interviewed have also had the student pilot project interview?
I did!
It wasn’t really an interview tbh, it was more like another student panel. The other interviewee and I just asked our interviewer questions about the school the whole time (we didn’t get a single question from our interviewer).
Not sure if this is true of all the student interviews but it was very relaxed!

How many of you guys who have interviewed have also had the student pilot project interview?
I did but I had a completely different experience than the above poster. It was more like a traditional interview where we had to answer questions. But it was still very conversational and relaxed

When did you all find out if you had the student interview? I interview on Monday and have not heard anything.

When did you all find out if you had the student interview? I interview on Monday and have not heard anything.
If you don't get an email by the Thursday before your interview, then you should not have a student interview. You will receive an email from a SLU student if you have one. Hope this helps and Good luck on your interview!

Just curious were you selected to have the student interview?
Yeah I had a student interview. It was kind of a mix of what the other comments have said. I was asked some actual questions but it was very laid back and casual. There was a lot of time spent just asking the interviewer questions as well.

They said you are supposed to get an email by the Thursday before your interview, but I received notice like Saturday or Sunday before my interview, I don’t remember the exact day, but definitely after Thursday, so I remember I am pretty surprised

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone here get put on hold? And if so did you receive an email. I’ve been complete since august but haven’t heard about anything yet.

My student interview was super laid back. We really just had a conversation and answered some funny questions that were super light hearted lol. My fellow student interviewee was also such a cool person.

I can also attest to my student interview being super chill and laidback. We answered a few questions, but it felt more like having a convo with someone you just met at a coffee shop. The student encouraged us to ask him questions about SLU, so most of the time wasn’t even really like an interview.

In the post-interview survey it says:

"the document portal in the secondary application is there for you to use for the remainder of the cycle to upload any thank you notes, activity updates or letters of interest for the Committee."

Did anyone upload a letter of interest after their interview or is that generally later on if you get waitlisted etc. ?

Hi guys,

1) I got an II today, LM 72.5. I was complete in mid-July, so it seems although they may be handing out R's, they're still working on IIs.
2) It says to sign the "Video Interview Agreement" document, but I don't see that on my portal?
3) When do you guys know who your interviewer is and what time it is? I haven't received a time for it yet.
4) How are some of you getting student interviews? It does not say it for me
5) Last question (sorry), on average when should I submit the "Pre-Interview Update" form?

Thanks, I know that was a lot.

Hi guys,

1) I got an II today, LM 72.5. I was complete in mid-July, so it seems although they may be handing out R's, they're still working on IIs.
2) It says to sign the "Video Interview Agreement" document, but I don't see that on my portal?
3) When do you guys know who your interviewer is and what time it is? I haven't received a time for it yet.
5) Last question (sorry), on average when should I submit the "Pre-Interview Update" form?

1) Congratulations on your II !!!
2) I think it is somewhere under the interview tab in your portal (probably under the video interview tab). I can't see mine anymore since I'm post interview, so I am not sure.
3) They sent me an email about my interviewer and what time the interview was. You'll probably get an email from SLU soon.
4) The student interview is a test pilot thing. Not everyone gets one. You will get an email directly from a SLU student if you are selected to have that student interview. They say that you will be notified whether you have a student interview or not by the Thursday before your interview. But someone on here said that they received the student interview on the weekend before their interview. Just check your email leading up to the interview often.
5) I am not sure. I submitted mine a week before my interview. I would say that 10-14 days before the interview is good (enough time for the interviewer and SLU to read your update).

Good luck on your interview!

Hi guys,

Congratulations on your II! How far out were you scheduled?

1) Congratulations on your II !!!
2) I think it is somewhere under the interview tab in your portal (probably under the video interview tab). I can't see mine anymore since I'm post interview, so I am not sure.
3) They sent me an email about my interviewer and what time the interview was. You'll probably get an email from SLU soon.
4) The student interview is a test pilot thing. Not everyone gets one. You will get an email directly from a SLU student if you are selected to have that student interview. They say that you will be notified whether you have a student interview or not by the Thursday before your interview. But someone on here said that they received the student interview on the weekend before their interview. Just check your email leading up to the interview often.
5) I am not sure. I submitted mine a week before my interview. I would say that 10-14 days before the interview is good (enough time for the interviewer and SLU to read your update).

Good luck on your interview!
Thank you for patiently answering my questions! For some reason I can't see the video interview tab in my portal. I guess I will email them about it.

Congratulations on your II! How far out were you scheduled?
II 12/15. Interview date is Jan 18. December was full and February was either full or they haven't opened it up yet. Two spots were available in January, so I went with one of them.

Hi guys,

1- Congratulations 🥳
2- It takes a few days for the video agreement to show up in the portal, don’t worry, I don’t see mine right away either
3- they will send you an email after you pick your time, usually like a few days
4- only a few student will be selected for the student interview, I got the notice on the weekend before my interview, but they said normally you should know by the Thursday before your interview, just keep checking
5- I submitted mine like a week before.

Good luck!

Pre-II R this morning. Submitted 9/7/21. To quote the great Bill Belichick, "You've got to turn the page quickly and move on to the next challenge." Congrats to those who made it, good luck to those waiting, and see you next year to those who fell short.