2018-2019 TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1, extremely blessed to have receive an interview invitation from TCU/UNT. Now about the song I wrote a couple days back....second verse coming soon after class this evening hehehe

3 dates in March was all that showed.

You best be giving a live performance on March 4th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II. I’ll check the available dates when I get out of lab.

Complete date: 12/4 but I had prereq questions.

II invite just now! So happy with this lovely Valentine's Day gift :)

+1, extremely blessed to have receive an interview invitation from TCU/UNT. Now about the song I wrote a couple days back....second verse coming soon after class this evening hehehe

3 dates in March was all that showed.

Good to see some fine folks on this thread finally get IIs

Reactions: 5 users
II on Valentine's day...I nearly crashed my car out of excitement!!!

Reactions: 5 users
acceptances/rejections/holds going out today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Challenge accepted:

"I hear the Interview a comin'
Its rollin' round the bend
And I aint seen that Rejection email
Since, my app sent in
I'm stuck in Interview Season
And time keeps draggin' on
But those Interviews keep a-rollin'
Adcom, please give me one"

Verse 2: coming soon (after the interview invitation ;) )

And what wouldn't go better with this song than a album solo cover

View attachment 249398

As promised, the highly-anticipated second verse to "Interview Season". Folsom Prison is a tough to work with, like seriously whats something good that rhymes with Reno?? but let's see what I can do here folks. And hey, I know its late, but when does a band actually start on time at a concert, eh?

Since, my app sent in

When I was at the 'brary,
I got the email "Son,
Congrats here's your interview,
Come over and have some fun"
And I planned my visit pronto
Noooottt that hard to decide
When I hear the adcom likes me
I lift my head with pride

Coming soon: verse 3. Post-interview!

In case anyone noticed, I thought it was only fitting to enter the Fort Worth Union Pacific railyard with some lovely UP trains, so we switched engines, haha. And yes, we are going towards Fort Worth, not away from it, in that image.
upload_2019-2-16_18-16-58.png

Reactions: 2 users

As promised, the highly-anticipated second verse to "Interview Season". Folsom Prison is a tough to work with, like seriously whats something good that rhymes with Reno?? but let's see what I can do here folks. And hey, I know its late, but when does a band actually start on time at a concert, eh?

Since, my app sent in

I got the email "Son,

In case anyone noticed, I thought it was only fitting to enter the Fort Worth Union Pacific railyard with some lovely UP trains, so we switched engines, haha. And yes, we are going towards Fort Worth, not away from it, in that image.
View attachment 250981

Since, my app sent in

I got the email "Son,

View attachment 250981

Keep it coming! Awesome work.

Reactions: 1 user
To those that interviewed or know Fort Worth, any restaurant recommendations?

To those that interviewed or know Fort Worth, any restaurant recommendations?

From knowing it: West 7th is close to the school and has such a wide selection. Personal favorites in the area include Rodeo Goat, Fred's, Velvet Taco, Angelo's

Reactions: 1 users
From knowing it: West 7th is close to the school and has such a wide selection. Personal favorites in the area include Rodeo Goat, Fred's, Velvet Taco, Angelo's

Velvet Taco is amazing and so is LA burger! I go to Dallas/Fort Worth very often and I never leave without eating those tacos at least once :)

Reactions: 3 users
Is there still a chance to receive an II? I know there recently was a big wave, which is awesome for those who got one, but I’m trying to be realistic here.

Complete 12/08. uGPA 3.3, SMP 4.0, MCAT 508.

Last edited:
Actually, during interview day they told us that you can send updates to them but the admissions committee probably won’t see it unless it’s a tie between you and someone else, then that update would be helpful! So it’s worth a try! Good luck

@SOM Admissions is this true?

Is there still a chance to receive an II still? I know there recently was a big wave, which is awesome for those who got one, but I’m trying to be realistic here.

Those stats seem competitive enough. Based off the posts here, there seems to be a good range in academic metrics that receive interviews/acceptances. The differentiation may come down to the professional and personal attributes along with institutional fit.

Last edited:
So have they released any applicants yet? I see plenty of IIs (and some post II rejections) but no pre-II rejections. Sitting in purgatory rn :sorry:

Those stats seem competitive enough. Based off the posts here, there seems to be a good range in academic metrics that receive interviews/acceptances. The differentiation may come down to the professional and personal attritubutes along with institutional fit.
That's true...I believe I talked about my attributes and how they align to the mission, but I'm worried that a bunch of II were sent out recently for the March dates and there might not be a lot left. Praying every day for some miracle to happen haha

So have they released any applicants yet? I see plenty of IIs (and some post II rejections) but no pre-II rejections. Sitting in purgatory rn :sorry:
I don't think so (at least nobody here has reported of being released), so we're still in the "under review" category. It's definitely been tough lately bouncing between waiting and refreshing my inbox.

I really, really think I align with their mission. I was complete 12/13, ~3.4gpa & 510MCAT with 4.0 postbacc that I just wrapped up , 3 years of working in a hospital with over 700 hours of community service and 5000 hours of clinical research experience, with what I've been told is a very compelling personal statement to boot, and I haven't received an invitation yet.

So, fingers crossed. But yeah, it can be disheartening seeing invitations go out to others while I haven't heard anything, despite how happy I am for them to get the opportunity to interview, seeing how there aren't very many interview dates left it seems..

What do y'all think? Should I drop more Drake lyrics?

Last edited:
Is there still a chance to receive an II? I know there recently was a big wave, which is awesome for those who got one, but I’m trying to be realistic here.

Dont loose hope! :) Im rooting for you! There are still interview days left so there is still a chance. After interviewing here yesterday, I definitely echo what others have said in that the admissions committee is definitely considering A LOT more than stats! Such a great feeling to see a school not just "talking the talk" but actually walking the walk over the whole holistic review thing.

I really, really think I align with their mission. I was complete 12/13, ~3.4gpa & 510MCAT , 3 years of working in a hospital with over 700 hours of community service and 5000 hours of clinical research experience, with what I've been told is a very compelling personal statement to boot, and I haven't received an invitation yet.

So, fingers crossed. But yeah, it can be disheartening seeing invitations go out to others while I haven't heard anything, despite how happy I am for them to get the opportunity to interview, seeing how there aren't very many interview dates left it seems..

I feel your struggle. I’m hoping for both of us to hear some good news soon.

Dont loose hope! :) Im rooting for you! There are still interview days left so there is still a chance. After interviewing here yesterday, I definitely echo what others have said in that the admissions committee is definitely considering A LOT more than stats! Such a great feeling to see a school not just "talking the talk" but actually walking the walk over the whole holistic review thing.
Thank you, I’m still hopeful and have some faith. From what I’ve heard from all of you guys who attended the interview, it seems like there were mostly positive vibes. Reading these great post-II reflections makes me want to experience the interview day more than ever haha

I really, really think I align with their mission. I was complete 12/13, ~3.4gpa & 510MCAT , 3 years of working in a hospital with over 700 hours of community service and 5000 hours of clinical research experience, with what I've been told is a very compelling personal statement to boot, and I haven't received an invitation yet.

My stats are about the same... Complete early December. They did mention just a little over a week ago that we're at the halfway point, so I'm holding on to a glimmer of hope that an II will come.

So I was super fortunate to have been offered an acceptance to TCU and UNTHSC and went ahead and created a TCU and UNTHSC Class of 2023 Facebook group for anyone interested. I initially asked the school to see if they were going to set one up (kind of like how other schools have MS1's running similar groups for upcoming students) and they told me that I could just go ahead and get one started. The group can be found here: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Has there been any talk about financial assistance after the first year? Or how much tuition will be after the first year?