2018-2019 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you receive an interview for the Middletown campus are you automatically taken out of consideration at the Harlem campus? Or will they still consider your application until they fill the class? Interviewing 1/28 at Middletown.

Also to comment on flights, Im flying spirit airlines to Newark and got a rental car and it was about $200 cheaper than flying into any NY airport.
I think that depends on which option you picked on the secondary. So if you picked that you'd like to be considered by both campuses and didn't state a preference I think they just assign you one of the campuses and are then no longer considered by the other. If you picked that you'd like to be considered by both but stated a preference, then i think you can still be considered by the other campus. And then obviously if you only picked one campus to be considered at the other campus doesn't look at your application.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know an estimate of how many applicants are there during an interview day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know an estimate of how many applicants are there during an interview day?
When I interviewed there were 20 I believe. They said that’s a small group and that they typically have 40 IIRC

Reactions: 1 user
I guess they’ll reach out to 11/12 people early next week and 11/19 people late next week?

Im confused cause they told me via email that 11/12 interview group day would hear back end of last week (2 days ago).

Im confused cause they told me via email that 11/12 interview group day would hear back end of last week (2 days ago).
Yeah im also 11/12 interviewee and am also very confused as to why we didn't hear. Im hoping we hear tomorrow at least. They must be very behind

Yeah im also 11/12 interviewee and am also very confused as to why we didn't hear. Im hoping we hear tomorrow at least. They must be very behind
yeah idk. I still haven't heard anything. This marks 9 weeks now since we interviewed. Perhaps we should call Frank and see what's happening.

Interviewing the 28th of January! really excited! any advise??
interview day is relaxed. you'll come in and sit and listen to some of the administrators talk. then you will interview with 2 faculty. then its pretty much just a tour of the building. all in all, a pretty good day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah sorry should’ve included that, it said a weather delay basically. Hopefully it’ll be sooner than that!

Weather delay? There haven't been any snow storms in Middletown so far this winter, so that sounds pretty weird...

Hopefully we 11/12'ers will hear back soon! :xf:

Reactions: 1 users
Weather delay? There haven't been any snow storms in Middletown so far this winter, so that sounds pretty weird...

Hopefully we 11/12'ers will hear back soon! :xf:

There was a storm in November... close to thanksgiving I believe and I think they closed for 1 day. It was around my interview day of 11/19. I’m not sure since then as I’m not in that area. It my family is and I think you’re right, nothing since then. I do wonder if the post above has had any bearing... are they going to try to read into people's files to see if they can flesh out the crazies???? Ugh how the few can spoil it for the many

Same here! I’ve been loosing sleep over th
Hey guys,

I wasn't going to mention this because I didn't want to freak anybody out or anything. You probably heard about the resident at the Cleveland Clinic who was fired because antisemitic remarks where found on her twitter page back in like 2011 before she attended medical school. It just so happens that she graduated from Touro Middletown. (yes, there is significant irony here). Both the famed Cleveland Clinic and Touro have been bashed on twitter for not properly vetting their candidates. Since that weather email apparently came out a few days after the news broke, I'd bet you my first years tuition that Touro has taken a step back and is reevaluating their application process and is vetting people a bit more.

I have talked to a few current students and a resident at Penn State COM and they have said that the administration has handled the situation with class and has done a lot to reassure the students. This is situation is definitely not a slander on the school, but rather, a toxic individual who did something really stupid.

I am still very proud that I will be a part of the Touro Middletown 2023 graduating class.:)

Be patient. I'm sure they will get things squared away shortly.
I saw this on the news, and thought the resident was from the Harlem campus, but either way, it is a bad rep on Touro and DO as a whole. I can't imagine someone would be that stupid posting stuff like that on Twitter and social media. How could you? As to waiting for the decisions from Touro, it has been 9 weeks since my interview date, and this by far, has been the longest wait time ever! Could someone (1st and 2nd year students) ask Adcom what's taking so long? I don't want to bombard them with emails/calls when they are already swamped.

Be yourself is the best advice I can give you! Besides that, know the basics; why medicine, why DO, why Touro, and be ready to explain any discrepancies in your MCAT/academic history. Good luck to you!

Hey guys,

I wasn't going to mention this because I didn't want to freak anybody out or anything. You probably heard about the resident at the Cleveland Clinic who was fired because antisemitic remarks where found on her twitter page back in like 2011 before she attended medical school. It just so happens that she graduated from Touro Middletown. (yes, there is significant irony here). Both the famed Cleveland Clinic and Touro have been bashed on twitter for not properly vetting their candidates. Since that weather email apparently came out a few days after the news broke, I'd bet you my first years tuition that Touro has taken a step back and is reevaluating their application process and is vetting people a bit more.

I have talked to a few current students and a resident at Penn State COM and they have said that the administration has handled the situation with class and has done a lot to reassure the students. This is situation is definitely not a slander on the school, but rather, a toxic individual who did something really stupid.

I am still very proud that I will be a part of the Touro Middletown 2023 graduating class.:)

Be patient. I'm sure they will get things squared away shortly.
wow, thats awful. I guess were just gonna have to wait.

So I guess it would be silly to assume December 3rd interview decisions will be released any time soon :(

So I guess it would be silly to assume December 3rd interview decisions will be released any time soon :(
Hahah I interviewed as well on 12/3 and yeah I guess not.... Was hoping for an answer soon

I spoke to Frank this morning and he said the committee is meeting today and that the dean is signing off on decisions on Thursday so we probably won’t hear until then.

I spoke to Frank this morning and he said the committee is meeting today and that the dean is signing off on decisions on Thursday so we probably won’t hear until then.
Thank you for making the call and for the updates! Let’s hope and pray we all get in!

Is there a facebook acceptance group?

You’re a master’s student, right? Maybe they consider your applications separately since there are 35 spots reserved just for you... not losing hope yet
I’m not a current masters student no. I was a masters student last year and applied regularly through aacomas this year. The spots are reserved for current masters and those decisions won’t go out to them until the spring. I wouldn’t loose hope yet though I bet they’re just sending the acceptances in batches

I’m not a current masters student no. I was a masters student last year and applied regularly through aacomas this year. The spots are reserved for current masters and those decisions won’t go out to them until the spring. I wouldn’t loose hope yet though I bet they’re just sending the acceptances in batches

Gotcha

Hey! Congrats! I interviewed 11/5. I would know about WHY TOURO and WHY MIDDLETOWN campus. They asked the basic application questions (tell me about yourself, why DO, etc). The school is nice and I thought the area was beautiful (lots of nature). I would also know about their curriculum, they have a flipped classroom where you watch lectures at home and then have class and answer questions.

Accepted just now!!!!! Omg I can’t believe it!! I’m gonna be a doctor!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you all! Wishing the rest of you who are still waiting, the best of luck!!

Anyone know if the school is open Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sorry, i dont know the answer. I think it's best to give them a ring if you still havent heard back from them yet. Im surprised that the forum all sudden became so quiet. I would expect many of you who are in my group 11/12 to have received the news by now. If not, make sure to call/email Adcom and express your concern/interest.

Sorry, i dont know the answer. I think it's best to give them a ring if you still havent heard back from them yet. Im surprised that the forum all sudden became so quiet. I would expect many of you who are in my group 11/12 to have received the news by now. If not, make sure to call/email Adcom and express your concern/interest.

Yeah I was surprised too, I’m in 11/19 group and I assume not all of 11/12 has heard back cause only
You two said anything. I emailed him last night and will call soon unless someone suggests or hears otherwise. The email did say hope to get back to you by yesterday, but not sure. Did 11/12 group get told yesterday or week before in their email?

Yeah I was surprised too, I’m in 11/19 group and I assume not all of 11/12 has heard back cause only
You two said anything. I emailed him last night and will call soon unless someone suggests or hears otherwise. The email did say hope to get back to you by yesterday, but not sure. Did 11/12 group get told yesterday or week before in their email?

Our email said that we would hear by 1/11 and then I didn't end up hearing until the following week. So I'm sure you will hear this week. Good luck!

Our email said that we would hear by 1/11 and then I didn't end up hearing until the following week. So I'm sure you will hear this week. Good luck!

Thanks man that does help me calm down a bit! I wonder if more people from your group have yet to hear

Just put down my deposit today! Super excited to meet all of my classmates this Fall!
P.S. can anyone tell me if there's an acceptance page somewhere on FB? Thank you!

Reactions: 2 users