2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know when accepted applicants will get more info about the fall or submitting a deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call!!! Still shaking, over the moon! LM ~70, WARS ~85, non-trad, OOS, complete date very end of August, interviewed 2 weeks ago! Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Reactions: 18 users
Just got the call!!! Interviewed last week complete in October! Good luck to everyone! LM ~ 70, trad, URM, OOS.

Reactions: 8 users
Got acceptance call today. Interviewed early January. Likely will withdraw.

Reactions: 1 users
Cmon Tufts. Gimme dat sauce.

Reactions: 2 users
@ any adcom someone should make a fb group for accepted students :D tryna see who my classmates might be

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been invited to interview in March?

Please post interview dates offered here, if you’re lucky enough to have them!

Also, has anyone been rejected pre-II yet?

Has anyone been invited to interview in March?

Please post interview dates offered here, if you’re lucky enough to have them!

Also, has anyone been rejected pre-II yet?
The only day they’re interviewing in March as of now is March 5th, and it’s currently the only available date left (none available in Jan or Feb).

Many applicants on this thread have already been rejected pre-II. Tufts tends to send Rs in waves on specific days, which started in late Dec this cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I’m still waiting on Tufts Pre-II

Submitted early August

^update to my earlier post:

My PI had contacts at Tufts and he said they got back to him back in December saying they had very few interview spots left (so it seems like I’m either on a WL for an interview or getting silently rejected).

I’m gonna send Tufts an letter of interest/update this week with research abstracts, GPA, and some awards. Not sure if it’ll make a difference, but we’ll see. I’ll keep y’all updated

It seems unlikely that they would give silent R's if they are sending out rejections. Maybe we are still in the applicant pool by the skin of our teeth. Best of luck, everyone!

Got the acceptance call last week but haven't received an email or any change to my portal. I'm soooo excited but I need the email to confirm that I didn't imagine the call :(:(.

There’s only one interview date, so I assume everyone that hasnt heard back pre-II is on hold for those few spots

It seems unlikely that they would give silent R's if they are sending out rejections. Maybe we are still in the applicant pool by the skin of our teeth. Best of luck, everyone!

There’s only one interview date, so I assume everyone that hasnt heard back pre-II is on hold for those few spots

"Skin of our teeth" is definitely the most accurate way to describe our current situation lol. Haven't been rejected (yet) either so just hoping for the best at this point. Sent in an update earlier this month hoping for it to make a difference.

Anyone know if they will potentially open up a second interview date in March or is that the last one and the rest of us are essentially waiting for spots to open up due to cancellations?

"Skin of our teeth" is definitely the most accurate way to describe our current situation lol. Haven't been rejected (yet) either so just hoping for the best at this point. Sent in an update earlier this month hoping for it to make a difference.

Anyone know if they will potentially open up a second interview date in March or is that the last one and the rest of us are essentially waiting for spots to open up due to cancellations?

I seriously doubt there will be more dates- there's no real incentive for them to add more. There could be other slots from cancellations, though. I wouldn't discount that possibility. Tufts is crazy expensive and as other candidates get acceptances, they may withdraw.

Is there any official facebook group for the class of 2023? I was thinking of creating one.

Reactions: 3 users
The only day they’re interviewing in March as of now is March 5th, and it’s currently the only available date left (none available in Jan or Feb).

Many applicants on this thread have already been rejected pre-II. Tufts tends to send Rs in waves on specific days, which started in late Dec this cycle.

Do you know what date is available?

March 5th

Anyone know when deferred interviewees will hear something? Or do we just assume May?

Anyone know when deferred interviewees will hear something? Or do we just assume May?
I myself have been waiting since September...any info on this would be greatly appreciated. I know Tufts says you can hear at any time, but it seems like there has been no movement so far this cycle based on this thread. Its hard to believe that it would be May...why not just put people on the waitlist instead of deferring them then?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I myself have been waiting since September...any info on this would be greatly appreciated. I know Tufts says you can hear at any time, but it seems like there has been no movement so far this cycle based on this thread. Its hard to believe that it would truly be May...why not just put people on the waitlist instead of deferring them then?
+1 interviewed early October, deferred late November. Maine track. Kind of assuming won't hear back until April/May but it's unclear!

Got the acceptance call this morning! Truly felt like ass after the interview, especially cause Tufts is my top choice. Just FYI, I sent a letter of intent right after my interview

+1 interviewed early October, deferred late November. Maine track. Kind of assuming won't hear back until April/May but it's unclear!
Does any current student/ adcom checking out this forum have any helpful info to share with us applicants who are currently deferred?

Last edited:
Got the acceptance call this morning! Truly felt like ass after the interview, especially cause Tufts is my top choice. Just FYI, I sent a letter of intent right after my interview
Congratulations!! I tried to PM you to ask you a couple questions about your LOI but it won't let me. Could you PM me?

Got the acceptance call this morning! Very happy, I liked Tufts a lot when I visited

Interviewed in mid-December; dead silence from Maine Track. @Zebra2988 have you heard anything yet?

I uploaded my fall grades and information about some research conferences that I presented at. Do you think they're still giving out interview invites? I'm wondering if I should send a letter of interest, but I don't know if they would actually read it haha

Got the call around noon today! Frothing at the mouth.

Reactions: 3 users
I uploaded my fall grades and information about some research conferences that I presented at. Do you think they're still giving out interview invites? I'm wondering if I should send a letter of interest, but I don't know if they would actually read it haha
I did it over 2 weeks ago, I think they are done with interviewing. I heard nothing.

I received a deferral. Do you know how many deferred applicants are ultimately accepted?

Last edited:
Got the acceptance call last week but haven't received an email or any change to my portal. I'm soooo excited but I need the email to confirm that I didn't imagine the call :(:(.
Got the email and change in portal today. so if you got the call and are paranoid like I was. Don't worry, the email will arrive. But best of luck to those waiting for a response, I hope to see you all at TUFTS.

Interviewed in mid-December; dead silence from Maine Track. @Zebra2988 have you heard anything yet?

No, and I’m not going to hold my breath. I was deferred at the end of November and I’m thinking they are going to end up waitlisting me if not rejecting me all together. Sorry for the cynicism. I’ll let you guys know if anything changes.

I was just told the next admissions committee meeting will be Feb. 12. I was told by someone on the committee that and to expect word (to include deference) within a week following.

I received a deferral on Jan. 29. Interviewed mid-December.

^update to my earlier post:

My PI had contacts at Tufts and he said they got back to him back in December saying they had very few interview spots left (so it seems like I’m either on a WL for an interview or getting silently rejected).

I’m gonna send Tufts an letter of interest/update this week with research abstracts, GPA, and some awards. Not sure if it’ll make a difference, but we’ll see. I’ll keep y’all updated

So far, absolutely nothing. Even though it’s only been 3 days. more likely than not I’m gonna get hit with an R.

First time joining this thread...got an interview invite this morning!

Reactions: 21 users
For anyone who has interviewed, what’s it like? Any helpful tips? I’m interviewing February 5th so pretty soon.