2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still no secondary invite. Should I assume I'm not getting one at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just an applicant but according to this year's MSAR the median is 514, with 10th and 90th percentiles of 506 and 520 respectively :) The 25th to 75th is 510-517

Their 2021 class-profile on their website is different than MSAR. They reported a median MCAT of 512, cGPA of 3.61 and sGPA of 3.55.

Their 2021 class-profile on their website is different than MSAR. They reported a median MCAT of 512, cGPA of 3.61 and sGPA of 3.55.

I would expect the updated MSAR would reflect the class of 2022, which would be more current right? I could be wrong though :)

I would expect the updated MSAR would reflect the class of 2022, which would be more current right? I could be wrong though :)

Yeah, you could totally be right! It's just quite different than the previous year, so maybe last years applicants were more competitive. Just thought I'd add that for more context.

Hopefully we can get some love from them one way or another @CharmCity94 even if the pool is more competitive this year!

Reactions: 1 user
For the diversity question, since I really don't fall into any of the typical diversity categories (regarding race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc), should I focus on diversity of thought/lifestyle? I don't want to leave it blank because it would look pretty bad if I couldn't contribute anything meaningful to the school...

For the diversity question, since I really don't fall into any of the typical diversity categories (regarding race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc), should I focus on diversity of thought/lifestyle? I don't want to leave it blank because it would look pretty bad if I couldn't contribute anything meaningful to the school...
Definitely don't leave it blank. You provide diversity somehow, whether it is ideas, attitude, educational background. Something.

Reactions: 2 users

There are countless ways that an applicant can contribute to the diversity of their medical school. These include life experiences of all sorts - work, activities, spiritual practices, family system, etc. - in addition to "identity" type attributes such as ethnicity or sexual orientation.

For the first question, do you guys think it would be appropriate to address a challenge of working two jobs while being a full time student during my first two year in the US and how this prepared me to handle the medical school curriculum?

For the first question, do you guys think it would be appropriate to address a challenge of working two jobs while being a full time student during my first two year in the US and how this prepared me to handle the medical school curriculum?

Sounds like a good essay to me, although wondering if that could fit into the diversity portion though.

Lol so like 4 weeks ago I deleted a huge swath of emails and I've been like 30% (and falling) that my Tufts secondary was among them so I just called annnnnnd.....I am in fact an idiot :). Good news though, Tufts doesn't even have any kind of unofficial 2-week policy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone got interview invites?

Has anyone got interview invites?
Nope, go fish

But in all seriousness, based on last years thread seems like IIs start going out mid August.

Could any current student expand on the Tufts Community Service Learning projects?
From my understanding, they are required. When can you start? Are the listed projects on the website the only options or are students welcome to start their own projects?
Any insights would be appreciated :)

Thank you!

@boston_med

Could any current student expand on the Tufts Community Service Learning projects?
From my understanding, they are required. When can you start? Are the listed projects on the website the only options or are students welcome to start their own projects?
Any insights would be appreciated :)

Thank you!

@boston_med

Hey! Yeah CSL in a longitudinal community service project. 50 required hours that needs to be completed by the end of second year. There are a bunch of current student projects/groups that you can join such as Sharewood (student run free clinic), KICKs where you spend time with a child in the hospital in a big brother/sister kind of way, a high school outreach program, a women's health program, etc. You can also set up your own project too so it's flexible. At the beginning of first year we have orientation on CSL and afterwards you select your service program and can start whenever. Some people start right away, some people procrastinate until the last minute haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Yeah CSL in a longitudinal community service project. 50 required hours that needs to be completed by the end of second year. There are a bunch of current student projects/groups that you can join such as Sharewood (student run free clinic), KICKs where you spend time with a child in the hospital in a big brother/sister kind of way, a high school outreach program, a women's health program, etc. You can also set up your own project too so it's flexible. At the beginning of first year we have orientation on CSL and afterwards you select your service program and can start whenever. Some people start right away, some people procrastinate until the last minute haha.

sounds awesome! thank you!

I think the MSAR has class of 2021 up, because at the bar graphs for age and ethnicity, it compares 2016 and 2017 (look at the key to the right). Most schools have published MCATs lower than what is found on the MSAR, but I think it's because they are publishing their matriculated average, which for Tufts is a 512 according to the MSAR. The matriculated GPA on the MSAR has a slight difference, but is much closer to what is published (roughly 3.6).

got secondary yesterday, submitted same day. Got confirmation today that it is complete, and review will start.... fingers crossed :)

Anyone knows if they started sending II?

Have people received a completion email from tufts? I submitted 8/6 and my application says it's complete, but I have not gotten a completion email from their office.

Have people received a completion email from tufts? I submitted 8/6 and my application says it's complete, but I have not gotten a completion email from their office.
The completion email should be automatically sent. I received the complete email at the same time I received the secondary receipt email. Submitted 7/5.

Yeah I got a complete email pretty quickly, although I don't think it was at the same exact time as my secondary receipt

Still no secondary, should I email them and ask what's up?

They get a ton of apps being a school that's in a super nice location and pretty holistic. I would just give it some more time and if you haven't heard back in another twoish weeks then maybe reach out get a feel for the situation.

I think you should. The sooner you get it and submit it the better your chances. Everyday there's hundreds more apps being submitted

II complete 7/3

Reactions: 4 users
II this morning

Reactions: 7 users
II!! LM 67, OOS, complete early July

Reactions: 8 users
whoa here we go, complete a month after all you guys but can’t help but hope I get an II today! good luck everybody

is ready for review the only status there is for Tufts? my application has been ready since 7/14

is ready for review the only status there is for Tufts? my application has been ready since 7/14
"Secondary App Ready for Review
icon_complete.gif
Your application is ready!"
That was the last status I had before II

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone with II! Did any of you apply for the MD-MBA program?

Anyone who submitted late July got II?