2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today!!! First one ! I was complete on 7/3, IS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it just me or do they take forever to send out II's?

Members don't see this ad :)
II! complete July 30

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats all you guys!!
I was complete like 7/4ish so RIP me at this school.

II this morning, complete 7/31

Just to calm peoples nerves, I checked last years thread and people that were complete early/mid July were receiving II into November.

Reactions: 8 users
Just to calm peoples nerves, I checked last years thread and people that were complete early/mid July were receiving II into November.

As a reward for being so kind, you get 7 IIs :love:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! Complete 8/17, OOS, URM

EDIT: whoops, meant OOS.

Last edited:
To the people who received IIs yesterday, was the only earliest available date for you November 6th? Seems kind of odd.

I got my II on my lunch break so I was able to sign up right away and the earliest date was October 30. So yeah, kinda odd that they’re already that far into the schedule when it doesn’t seem like they’ve sent a ton of II so far. Maybe only a really small group can sign up for each day?

To the people who received IIs yesterday, was the only earliest available date for you November 6th? Seems kind of odd.
I saw the email at about 1:00 pm as well and saw that November 6th was the first available. I think other dates at the time were the 12th, 13th, 20th and 27th.
I waited to get home to sign up for a date and by the time I rechecked at about 07:00pm (Central time) only the 20th and 27th were available in November. I suspect this has since changed.

Does Tufts tend to have an early cycle? Is it pointless to submit a secondary at this point?

you are correct. I should have said: do my stats misqualify me for this school

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

Reactions: 36 users
i have lm of 78. im oos. am i overqualified?
Considering your stats you might even be overqualified for medicine as a career. But fear not, you could check out this employment opportunity at NASA Supercomputing Division. I suspect you'll find your intellectual equals there.

NAS Home

Reactions: 15 users
I saw the email at about 1:00 pm as well and saw that November 6th was the first available. I think other dates at the time were the 12th, 13th, 20th and 27th.
I waited to get home to sign up for a date and by the time I rechecked at about 07:00pm (Central time) only the 20th and 27th were available in November. I suspect this has since changed.
So they're already scheduling into December? No way...! Seems like Tufts is definitely moving faster than last year. Or maybe not.

So they're already scheduling into December? No way...! Seems like Tufts is definitely moving faster than last year. Or maybe not.
I can’t tell anymore. I feel like this for every school though. People who’ve submitted after me and with lower stats get II while I’m still stuck in silence. I just wanna know if my apps been looked at

Reactions: 3 users
I can’t tell anymore. I feel like this for every school though. People who’ve submitted after me and with lower stats get II while I’m still stuck in silence. I just wanna know if my apps been looked at

I've been saying this for a while. I am convinced that the AAMC policy changes have resulted in many schools (if not a majority) accelerating their typical cycle timeline. Take Tulane for example, that **** is QUICK. I think they are already past the new year in terms of interview dates! I wouldn't even be surprised if a few schools are taking it to a point where they are being differently picky about handing out interviews, maybe increasing emphasis on connections to the school/state/region as a factor.

It really sucks being part of the guinea pig cycle, especially when one isn't a good enough applicant to take advantage of the new rules (stellar applicants with good school lists are gonna feast this cycle).

I've been saying this for a while. I am convinced that the AAMC policy changes have resulted in many schools (if not a majority) accelerating their typical cycle timeline. Take Tulane for example, that **** is QUICK. I think they are already past the new year in terms of interview dates! I wouldn't even be surprised if a few schools are taking it to a point where they are being differently picky about handing out interviews, maybe increasing emphasis on connections to the school/state/region as a factor.

It really sucks being part of the guinea pig cycle, especially when one isn't a good enough applicant to take advantage of the new rules (stellar applicants with good school lists are gonna feast this cycle).

I agree. As others have been saying on these threads, these changes really only seem to benefit high stat applicants/ those who have superhero like backstories of overcoming poverty, cancer etc.

I don’t know if Tulane has changed much. They’ve always had a fast cycle. Historically at least 80% of II have been given out by sept for that school. It’s all the other schools that I’m worried about. I can’t tell if they’re trying to stagnate out II through the end, deciding to start late or what is happening here. Part of me is convinced that having your app complete early won’t matter as much anymore since apps are clearly not reviewed in order of completion date for many schools

Agreed, but keep in mind that Tulane has always been extremely fast!

Welcome to the club. Still nothing after being complete mid July. I don’t think they’re going in order of completion date
Wasn't complete here well into August. Wouldn't expect to hear back till December lol

Wasn't complete here well into August. Wouldn't expect to hear back till December lol
At this rate maybe not at all until the rejections come pouring in lol. They’re already scheduling into dec/Jan

sorry I didn't follow. what policy change is everyone talking about? thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Getting antsy over here for this school. Wondering if I already got looked out. I've heard good things about Tufts.

I agree. As others have been saying on these threads, these changes really only seem to benefit high stat applicants/ those who have superhero like backstories of overcoming poverty, cancer etc.

I don’t know if Tulane has changed much. They’ve always had a fast cycle. Historically at least 80% of II have been given out by sept for that school. It’s all the other schools that I’m worried about. I can’t tell if they’re trying to stagnate out II through the end, deciding to start late or what is happening here. Part of me is convinced that having your app complete early won’t matter as much anymore since apps are clearly not reviewed in order of completion date for many schools

Agreed, but keep in mind that Tulane has always been extremely fast!

I agree that Tulane has always been fast (and why I am so pissed at my UG committee letter being released a month after I submitted my secondary early). But I actually think they are even faster this year. Who knows.

I agree that Tulane has always been fast (and why I am so pissed at my UG committee letter being released a month after I submitted my secondary early). But I actually think they are even faster this year. Who knows.
It could be. I get the feeling that More schools are Speeding up their cycles. There’s a lot of schools scheduling interviews into Jan already

1, maybe 2, of those descriptors apply to me and I only got two IIs from my state schools

I do have an IA for dorm **** though, who knows

1, maybe 2, of those descriptors apply to me and I only got two IIs from my state schools

I do have an IA for dorm **** though, who knows
Lol my state schools haven’t even reached out to me yet

Same, and I have a mini heart attack every time I get an email notification

+1 my state school is also one of my top choices...lol also kinda random, but awesome username!!

if I was complete 8/20 should I expect to not hear back for a while??? Like months?

if I was complete 8/20 should I expect to not hear back for a while??? Like months?

I applied to my in-state school last cycle in early September and I didn't hear back until mid February, so hopefully you'll be hearing back before then ^ . ^

What exactly is the AAMC policy change that is making the cycle so different this year?

What exactly is the AAMC policy change that is making the cycle so different this year?

"Word has come down from the heavens that the AAMC will no longer issue the multiple acceptance report or national acceptance report each spring. Furthermore, the prohibition on schools accepting students who have already matriculated at other schools will be dissolved."

"The acceptance reports typically come out around Feb 1st and April 1st. In Feb, the AAMC tells a school that has accepted you if you have any other acceptances and where those acceptances are (multiple acceptance report). In April, typically after schools initially fill their class pre-WL movement (which begins May 1), the AAMC releases information about all MD acceptances [and where] (national acceptance report)."

Essentially, schools are going to be in the dark regarding applicants and where they have been accepted (initially for applicants that a school accepts and then later for every applicant in the country that has received atleast one acceptance). This is going to effect how schools perform the "dark magic" that is yield calculation and how they typically determine how many acceptances (and who they go to) to hand out to get a full class size without under-enrolling or over-enrolling. Furthermore, "poaching" will now be allowed where schools can pick up people off a waitlist even if they have already begun orientation/classes at the school where they initially enrolled.

Check out this thread if you are interested (lots of adcoms and experienced individuals discussing it): The 2018-2019 cycle is going to get turned upside down

"Word has come down from the heavens that the AAMC will no longer issue the multiple acceptance report or national acceptance report each spring. Furthermore, the prohibition on schools accepting students who have already matriculated at other schools will be dissolved."

"The acceptance reports typically come out around Feb 1st and April 1st. In Feb, the AAMC tells a school that has accepted you if you have any other acceptances and where those acceptances are (multiple acceptance report). In April, typically after schools initially fill their class pre-WL movement (which begins May 1), the AAMC releases information about all MD acceptances [and where] (national acceptance report)."

Essentially, schools are going to be in the dark regarding applicants and where they have been accepted (initially for applicants that a school accepts and then later for every applicant in the country that has received atleast one acceptance). This is going to effect how schools perform the "dark magic" that is yield calculation and how they typically determine how many acceptances (and who they go to) to hand out to get a full class size without under-enrolling or over-enrolling. Furthermore, "poaching" will now be allowed where schools can pick up people off a waitlist even if they have already begun orientation/classes at the school where they initially enrolled.

Check out this thread if you are interested (lots of adcoms and experienced individuals discussing it): The 2018-2019 cycle is going to get turned upside down
Awesome thread thank you!!