2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning as well, complete in early July.

I'm also interested in learning about the Community Service Learning program. Tufts also seems to offer several global health opportunities, can any current students confirm?

Definitely wouldn't mind living in Boston for the next four years!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they only give out interviews once per month? anyone knows?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if special program interviews are on a different timeline?

Does anyone know how many people are typically accepted/WL/rejected post-interview?

Maine track II today!!!!!
Complete 07/13, OOS

Edit: post didn't look excited enough, this is my first MD invite :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 users
Congrats to everyone with II! Did any of you apply for the MD-MBA program?
Late to the excitement, but applied for the MD/MBA program and received an interview invite yesterday morning!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats on the interview invites! I'm an M1 here so feel free to ask any questions!
Hi,
Any chance you might know whether they sent out interview invites for applicants who completed their app end of July? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Tufts responds to in the area requests?

Does anyone know if Tufts responds to in the area requests?

From their website: "We extend open-ended invitations to help applicants consolidate a visit to Tufts with visits to other schools in our area. Unfortunately, we cannot extend an applicant any special or priority treatment due to travel plans."

II this morning as well, complete in early July.

I'm also interested in learning about the Community Service Learning program. Tufts also seems to offer several global health opportunities, can any current students confirm?

Definitely wouldn't mind living in Boston for the next four years!

Dates?

Any idea when the next batch of IIs will be sent out?

Reactions: 4 users
Have many of the II's been for instate applicants? Or does Tufts discriminate by state residency?

How long is the turn-around from the date you submit your primary to the date you received a secondary? I'm late to the game but I just decided to apply to Tufts

How long is the turn-around from the date you submit your primary to the date you received a secondary? I'm late to the game but I just decided to apply to Tufts
I added Tufts 7/19, got the secondary and submitted the same day and was complete the next.

I got the Tufts secondary on 7/2, and my AMCAS was verified 7/24 lol they don't mess around

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if when they ask about repeated coursework they only mean classes we didn't pass and had to retake to get a passing grade? I have a course I took twice but I got an A both times, I only took it twice because our university lets us take it up to 3 times for credit. I don't want to unnecessarily flag down the repeated coursework question but also don't want to seem like I'm lying if they go to my transcript and see the same course number listed twice in two different semesters.

Does anyone know if when they ask about repeated coursework they only mean classes we didn't pass and had to retake to get a passing grade? I have a course I took twice but I got an A both times, I only took it twice because our university lets us take it up to 3 times for credit. I don't want to unnecessarily flag down the repeated coursework question but also don't want to seem like I'm lying if they go to my transcript and see the same course number listed twice in two different semesters.
I assume this is some kind of seminar, directed readings, or similar course (since those are usually the type of courses that students can take more than once for credit as they are a different topic each time)? If yes, then just explain is briefly. I don't see how that could hurt you. You can say something along the lines of, "I have not had to retake any courses. I took two semesters of CLASS1234, which has a different focus each semester. In the X semester, CLASS1234 was about ABC; in the Y semester, it was about LMN."

It can be abbreviated further, but you get the gist. I think something like this is totally acceptable.

Having said that, I also don't think you have to answer that section.

You should call the admissions office just to make sure, but I would assume this only really applies if you didn't pass a class and had to retake it.

Boston II today! OOS, complete 07/21.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there have been any in-state II's out yet? Congrats to all those who have II's here!

II today also! OOS, URM, LM ~70, complete 7/14

Reactions: 1 users
II yesterday. Complete mid July, LM<70. This is one of my top choices, I am beyond grateful and excited.

Reactions: 12 users
onth

mid august? it's only been like 2 weeks haha are any medical schools actually that fast?

Finished my secondary for my state school and I was rejected within a week. They are fast when they want to be ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Finished my secondary for my state school and I was rejected within a week. They are fast when they want to be ;)

I was rejected from VCU the day after I submitted the secondary. Probably just an automated rejection because I sat on the secondary for a while. :dead:

Complete 08/17 and still haven't heard anything but that is still pretty early right?

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 08/17 and still haven't heard anything but that is still pretty early right?

yes, plus tufts marks you as "complete" right when you submit.

dayum they work fast ;)

Interviewing next week, any current students have advice?