2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should we fill out FAFSA for schools we haven't been accepted to yet? I'm not sure how it works to be honest

Each of the interviews I’ve been on told me to fill out FASFA for their schools pre-acceptance so that aid May be given as quickly as possible-although I don’t think it really matters as long as it is done before March. It can’t hurt though and you can add up to 10 schools and is modifiable.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this has been brought up a million times in this thread already. I've just received the "under review" email. What's the timeline like after this, for anyone who's received an interview invite or rejection?

Sorry if this has been brought up a million times in this thread already. I've just received the "under review" email. What's the timeline like after this, for anyone who's received an interview invite or rejection?

About 1-2 months. Someone above was complete 11/1 and got rejected today.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
About 3-5 weeks. Took mine around 4.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

You’re able to fill out FASFA anytime after October, I would do that if you haven’t already. Just put in Tulane’s name and the code will come up. There’s also a med school addendum on their website (might be Gibson portal can’t remember) that you can also complete if you’re eager to start the process
I still haven't received any follow up email containing financial aid information / FASFA instructions after receiving an acceptance on 12/21 - checked my spam, too. Could the holiday be delaying it for this long, or do you guys think it's time to reach out?
Yes, Gibson is the name of the portal: Home - Gibson Online

Been "Under Review" for 4+ months. I feel like I've been dropped into the abyss.

If someone on this thread is a med student ambassador, please start the FB page, I am way too pumped to chat with everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
If someone on this thread is a med student ambassador, please start the FB page, I am way too pumped to chat with everyone!
Can't wait to put faces to these usernames :rofl:

Reactions: 3 users
Is a hold basically a soft R at this point? Havent heard anything since August

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know where updates should be sent?
I think you can either update them in your secondary portal under [USER PROFILE -> DOCUMENT UPLOAD] or send an email to Dean Morris. But Dean Morris is probably busy with a billion things-

Does anyone know when waitlist movement might start happening?

Acceptance Range today. Interviewed early November.

A little disappointed there's more waiting

+1

Anyone know what our chances of getting in are

I think it's been said somewhere but I'm not sure. I looked through last year's thread and there was very little movement compared to previous years. Who knows :shrug:

At this point I will take the first acceptance I get and just commit and be done with it all

Accepted today. Interviewed 11/30. LizzyM 70.6. First acceptance overall!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to all of those still waiting!!

For those who plan on attending Tulane, do you know how best to go about uploading official transcripts to the portal? All of my transcript requests they have either been for my personal use or sent directly to a third party, I have never had them sent to me on behalf of a third party... Or am I missing something? Any insight would be helpful! Thanks!

Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to all of those still waiting!!

For those who plan on attending Tulane, do you know how best to go about uploading official transcripts to the portal? All of my transcript requests they have either been for my personal use or sent directly to a third party, I have never had them sent to me on behalf of a third party... Or am I missing something? Any insight would be helpful! Thanks!

dont overthink it lol. just get an official transcript from your university registrar emailed to you and then upload it to the portal using the [Official Transcript] designation.

dont overthink it lol. just get an official transcript from your university registrar emailed to you and then upload it to the portal using the [Official Transcript] designation.

lol that is always good advice- but is it not a problem that on the front page it states "for personal use of recipient only"...?

I only see a financial aid option on my Gibson portal is there another tab I’m missing to upload the official transcripts or do we send them around March?

I only see a financial aid option on my Gibson portal is there another tab I’m missing to upload the official transcripts or do we send them around March?
Official transcripts are uploaded through your application portal (the one where you accepted your offer) under User Profile > Document Upload

Official transcripts are uploaded through your application portal (the one where you accepted your offer) under User Profile > Document Upload
These new transcript uploads are for courses graded after the time of applying, correct? Nothing new to do for people who have completed undergrad prior to applying?

These new transcript uploads are for courses graded after the time of applying, correct? Nothing new to do for people who have completed undergrad prior to applying?
+1

based on acceptance email: "A final official transcript from any school you received a degree from must be uploaded to the portal before the start of classes in August 2019. This can be done in the “user profile” tab. Use the other documents tab and select transcript"

i took that mean we all had to upload official transcripts...?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

based on acceptance email: "A final official transcript from any school you received a degree from must be uploaded to the portal before the start of classes in August 2019. This can be done in the “user profile” tab. Use the other documents tab and select transcript"

i took that mean we all had to upload official transcripts...?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
However, official transcripts are sent to AMCAS prior to app submission, if no new courses were undertaken/no courses in progress, it stands to reason that the previously submitted official transcripts are all that's necessary considering the degree was already conferred prior to application? Would love a concrete answer.

Last edited:
However, official transcripts are sent to AMCAS prior to app submission, if no new courses were undertaken/no courses in progress, it stands to reason that the previously submitted official transcripts are all that's necessary considering the degree was already conferred prior to application? Would love a concrete answer.
I uploaded it even though I had no changes to my transcript. No one contacted me about it afterwards.
I think only the office of admissions can give you a concrete answer.

I would recommend uploading your ugrad transcript regardless if it changed since your AMCAS application.

Bottom line: Upload a new transcript.

I really wish there was some sort of second look or revisit event here. Visiting a medical school during interview day with the stress of the interview over your head and the uncertainty of getting an acceptance after the interview really takes away from clear-headed, objective evaluation of a program.

I would recommend uploading your ugrad transcript regardless if it changed since your AMCAS application.

Bottom line: Upload a new transcript.
I called, you're right! I was hoping to reason my way out of it, my alma matter doesn't do email transcripts, time to have it mailed, printed, scanned and uploaded :rofl:

Fine, I guess matriculation is worth the extra five minutes/dollars of effort ;) Thanks for the help guys!

Fine, I guess matriculation is worth the extra five minutes/dollars of effort ;) Thanks for the help guys!
LOL yes that was an internal battle but big picture says yes, MD is worth the hassle.

how long did it take for yall to receive your gibson portal (for financial aid) login info after the original acceptance email...? trying to gauge how long i should wait before bugging admissions... thanks!

how long did it take for yall to receive your gibson portal (for financial aid) login info after the original acceptance email...? trying to gauge how long i should wait before bugging admissions... thanks!
Mine took over a week! But that time frame included both Christmas and New Year's Day.

I got mine after a few days from being accepted.

when should December interviewees expect to hear back?

Is it possible to mail final transcripts directly to Tulane? I was accepted a while back, haven't done anything in months and I am getting somewhat anxious

Is it possible to mail final transcripts directly to Tulane? I was accepted a while back, haven't done anything in months and I am getting somewhat anxious

Uploading them to the portal is pretty direct. I’d say that’s the best way.

Has Tulane come out with their waitlist yet?

Those posting “Acceptance Range” are the applicants on their waitlist. Movement usually happens after interview season is about over or so I’ve been told.