2018-2019 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do you find out if you’ve been rejected or waitlisted? I interviewed11/30 and never heard anything back.

Email/Call Ronnie.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just looking through all the info for next year! Did anybody else get an email from e*Value? I don't think I got anything from them...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just looking through all the info for next year! Did anybody else get an email from e*Value? I don't think I got anything from them...

I also got all of the info for next year! I haven't gotten anything from E*Value as well. This makes me feel better, I thought I was missing something.

I also got all of the info for next year! I haven't gotten anything from E*Value as well. This makes me feel better, I thought I was missing something.

I got an email from them but tried to sign in and didn’t work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also got the email from KYCOM but not E*Value. I requested to join the Facebook group but that doesn’t seem to be up and running yet either. The spreadsheet of housing is great! Who knew there were 50 places to live in Pikeville lol??

Also got the email from KYCOM but not E*Value. I requested to join the Facebook group but that doesn’t seem to be up and running yet either. The spreadsheet of housing is great! Who knew there were 50 places to live in Pikeville lol??

Right?! That was so nice of them to provide that. I'm excited to be able to use the FB page to find roommates and get the ball rolling. Hopefully we will get the E*Value info soon too.

I can’t even find the Facebook page. How did you guys find it?

I can’t even find the Facebook page. How did you guys find it?

Look up "KYCOM Class of 2023" in the general Facebook search, then go to the Groups section, and it will show up as a private group. I don't think anyone has been approved to join yet but I requested to join the other day.

I got accepted a while back, and I can’t remember, does pikeville have research opportunities easily available for students. I’m just asking because I know it helps out with residencies

I got accepted a while back, and I can’t remember, does pikeville have research opportunities easily available for students. I’m just asking because I know it helps out with residencies

Yeah they do I talked about it with the prof in my interview

Members don't see this ad :)
The KYCOM class of 2023 facebook group looks like it's up and running now! Still haven't gotten an E*Value email though...

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone going to the March 8 interview interested in meeting up the night before?

Anyone interviewing January 11th?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how did you phrase your email?
Sorry for the late response I ousted started a new job. I just gave him my id number and asked about where I am in the review process.

For those interviewing on 2/22 do you want to split a Airbnb? For the 21-22

Has anyone else tried changing the password for the email they sent us, but it keeps saying “not available at this time, contact your admin”? Also I know the one email says everything is due in mid May, but as far as the background check, how long does it take and is it only a criminal background check?

Okay y'all. I have a Friday interview. They say they gets over at 5:30, is that accurate or is it sooner? I am looking at flights and there is one leaving at 7:37 from charleston. I was told the Charleston, WV airport takes 20 minutes to get through, so I know I would be hardcore pushing it, but is it doable? Is there a chance it gets over sooner?

Has anyone else tried changing the password for the email they sent us, but it keeps saying “not available at this time, contact your admin”? Also I know the one email says everything is due in mid May, but as far as the background check, how long does it take and is it only a criminal background check?

I am assuming you are talking about eValue, so I will talk about my experience so far. I attempted to change everything (email and new password) so I could access eValue completely, and it wouldn't allow me to change my password. Then, it logged me out, and the link we initially received allowing us to change our info on the eValue website didn't work anymore since I already used it. I contacted the person that sent us the email about it and she still has to get back to me on it. Has anyone had the same problem? Or has anyone been able to fully access eValue and change their password? I might also have to contact the eValue administrator. We will see I guess.

Okay y'all. I have a Friday interview. They say they gets over at 5:30, is that accurate or is it sooner? I am looking at flights and there is one leaving at 7:37 from charleston. I was told the Charleston, WV airport takes 20 minutes to get through, so I know I would be hardcore pushing it, but is it doable? Is there a chance it gets over sooner?
Call Ronnie Monday and see if you can be placed in an interview group that goes first due to flights. As long as you go on the school tour and interview you are free to go after so you would probably get out around 3.

Call Ronnie Monday and see if you can be placed in an interview group that goes first due to flights. As long as you go on the school tour and interview you are free to go after so you would probably get out around 3.
Thank you so so much!!!

Sent from my SM-N900P using SDN mobile

Hey guys! I just realized that I never got a secondary from this school. Do they screen? And does anyone know what the screening requirements are? I also realized that I never even got an "application received" email from them so I don't even remember exactly when my primary got submitted but it has been multiple months

Hey guys! I just realized that I never got a secondary from this school. Do they screen? And does anyone know what the screening requirements are? I also realized that I never even got an "application received" email from them so I don't even remember exactly when my primary got submitted but it has been multiple months

This question was answered earlier in the forum a couple times, but it’s 3.25 and 498 gpa and MCAT, respectively. I did see someone earlier in the forum got an acceptance with a 496 or 497 which is pretty surprising. Just email the DOA!

What is the postinterview acceptance rate for this place? Do they reject after interviews? Since they offered me an II, I think they must like something about me

What is the postinterview acceptance rate for this place? Do they reject after interviews? Since they offered me an II, I think they must like something about me
It depends on where you are in the cycle and how full the class is getting. They do reject after interviews but try and prevent a mass amount because they do screen prior to invites. In general the acceptance rate after interview is pretty high I would imagine but I do not have exact stats.

I believe it’s 70-80% post-interview acceptance since they do not interview that many people. They don’t reject that many unless you bomb the interview and waitlist very few as well. I’d say if you’re interviewing in March, April or May you prob have a higher chance of being waitlisted or being accepted into next year’s matriculating class of 2024.

Right?! That was so nice of them to provide that. I'm excited to be able to use the FB page to find roommates and get the ball rolling. Hopefully we will get the E*Value info soon too.
I think your security settings might be preventing me from messaging you! Can you message me?

This is a question specifically for (ethnic) minority students: How is Pikeville towards minorities? Does it feel like people are staring although there are no direct discrimination, is there any discrimination, or do you feel accepted/comfortable?

EDIT: if you feel uncomfortable posting on this thread, please feel free to DM me!

Last edited:
This is a question specifically for (ethnic) minority students: How is Pikeville towards minorities? Does it feel like people are staring although there are no direct discrimination, is there any discrimination, or do you feel accepted/comfortable?

I’m brown (Mexican) and took my mom with me for my interview. We strolled the streets of Pikeville and everyone was friendly as can be. I think that if you have that “how are people towards minorities” mentality, you will misinterpret others for simply looking at you.

Pikeville is small, so I’m sure that many people will stare because they know you aren’t from that area. However, when I walked around and I said hello, they waved back and smiled.

I’m brown (Mexican) and took my mom with me for my interview. We strolled the streets of Pikeville and everyone was friendly as can be. I think that if you have that “how are people towards minorities” mentality, you will misinterpret others for simply looking at you.

Pikeville is small, so I’m sure that many people will stare because they know you aren’t from that area. However, when I walked around and I said hello, they waved back and smiled.

Thanks, I'm old enough to not misinterpret stares and actually don't even bother to be bothered even if they are staring (I don't really care tbh haha), so I don't have that mentality in the back of my head! Since I've never lived in a small town like Pikeville, I just wanted to know how it is to LIVE in and SERVE a small community, not VISIT one. I really liked the school and the town when I recently visited for my interview so this question was purely to understand/get to know Pikeville. Sorry if it was misleading. Glad to hear everyone was so nice! I had to drive back home overnight so it's a bummer I didn't get to stay to explore the area.

I have respectfully cancelled my interview for February 8th. Best of luck to all of you!

Thanks, I'm old enough to not misinterpret stares and actually don't even bother to be bothered even if they are staring (I don't really care tbh haha), so I don't have that mentality in the back of my head! Since I've never lived in a small town like Pikeville, I just wanted to know how it is to LIVE in and SERVE a small community, not VISIT one. I really liked the school and the town when I recently visited for my interview so this question was purely to understand/get to know Pikeville. Sorry if it was misleading. Glad to hear everyone was so nice! I had to drive back home overnight so it's a bummer I didn't get to stay to explore the area.
I don't think the school has a lot of minorities tbh or I just didn't see any at that time on their wall of graduates. I visited a while back and was a little disappointed lol

Hey guys I am scheduled for an interview here. I tried contacting Ronnie Collins and Joel Vanhoose on email and phone and have gotten no response, was just wondering if anyone has been able to reach them

Hey guys I am scheduled for an interview here. I tried contacting Ronnie Collins and Joel Vanhoose on email and phone and have gotten no response, was just wondering if anyone has been able to reach them
I haven’t talked to Ronnie in a while but I know Joel Vanhoose isn’t at KYCOM anymore. Give him a few days to email you back or leave a message on his voicemail.

I also contacted Ronnie last Fall for some questions, and didn't receive a response from him. Think he might be just busy? Since he's the only person (instead of a general admission office) to contact regards to admission.

I got a missed call yesterday from dean Dana Shaffer's number, and the voicemail was 2 seconds long with no one saying anything...THE SUSPENSE!

I got a missed call yesterday from dean Dana Shaffer's number, and the voicemail was 2 seconds long with no one saying anything...THE SUSPENSE!

Did you interview 1/11?? Anyone hear back from 1/11 interview?

Accepted 1/11 interview!

Accepted! Interviewed 1/11