2018-2019 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school reject post-intervjew? I feel like there might be a good shot if the school invited

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does this school reject post-intervjew? I feel like there might be a good shot if the school invited

There’s always a chance of getting rejected. Sure this school may have higher post-interview acceptances than others, but they also do not interview as many candidates as other schools. If you got an interview then you certainly have a higher chances on gaining admission since they’re obviously interested in you, but again just because a school invited you doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering when we are supposed to receive matriculation info. I have been accepted and paid my deposit. It’s been over a month since my acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering when we are supposed to receive matriculation info. I have been accepted and paid my deposit. It’s been over a month since my acceptance.

I also haven't gotten any information and I paid by deposit over a month ago! Has anyone gotten the information to create your UPIKE email account? In the email about E*Value or background checks, Jennifer said that she would be sending info to our UPIKE emails... but I don't have one, so??? Also, I thought I read on here that they send you an official acceptance with a KYCOM t-shirt, haven't gotten that yet either, but I really want that t-shirt hahaha!

I also haven't gotten any information and I paid by deposit over a month ago! Has anyone gotten the information to create your UPIKE email account? In the email about E*Value or background checks, Jennifer said that she would be sending info to our UPIKE emails... but I don't have one, so??? Also, I thought I read on here that they send you an official acceptance with a KYCOM t-shirt, haven't gotten that yet either, but I really want that t-shirt hahaha!
Yeah, I got the info to set up my UPIKE, but had actual trouble trying to find the link to the email. Same no official mailed letter yet either, just the email from Ronnie with my acceptance. Lmaoo, I want my t-shirt too.

I would contact her immediately about that! I was accepted in September and got info in December, but I never received eValue information for the longest time. She just had to send out another username/password to everyone. This has all been a little complicated lol. But email her and ask her about everything! She has been very nice and accommodating to all of the questions I have asked her.

Does anyone have any information about the hold list? I was just recently informed that it is different than a waitlist.

Any 1/26 interviewees waiting to hear back? I was told it can take 2 weeks

I guess it is 2 weeks for the 1/25-1/26 people before a decision comes.

I feel like the waitlist chances are probably good for this school, they don't interview an extremely large amount of people like some other places.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday from 1/25! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Can any current student comment on the curriculum at KYCOM? I recently put down my deposit for the school and would love to hear your thoughts.

So for 1/25-1/26 folks, did acceptances go out by call, email or both? When do you need to respond to it?

I think I might've missed the call because I do see voicemails

So for 1/25-1/26 folks, did acceptances go out by call, email or both? When do you need to respond to it?

I think I might've missed the call because I do see voicemails
I just got an email and it said I have until 2/19 to confirm my seat and pay the deposit. Maybe they're doing some people each day to spread it out?

Still waiting to hear back after 1/25 interview. Would you guys recommend calling and asking about an update?

Scheduled for an interview at KYCOM soon and looking to gain some insight from any lurking current students/alumni here. If available, I’d love to chat

Hey guys! I got an email today saying that I was screened for my uGPA under 3.2, but to let them know if i have updated test scores or grades.... My grad GPA is 3.6. Is this just a straight pre-II rejection? I assume so, but why would they ask for an update?

Hi All! I'm late to the party, but I just received an II today and will be interviewing on 3/29. This seems late, so I was wondering if anyone had some insight into how full the class is? Am I interviewing for a waitlist spot or a spot for next year's class?

Any advice on the interview is appreciated as well :)

Hi All! I'm late to the party, but I just received an II today and will be interviewing on 3/29. This seems late, so I was wondering if anyone had some insight into how full the class is? Am I interviewing for a waitlist spot or a spot for next year's class?

Tbh, I think if you have a solid interview you’ll definitely have a spot for next year’s class, but even if you get into next year’s class they can still move you into this year’s class! Just kill it and let’s see. The Facebook group still doesn’t have that many members so you also may have a slight chance of getting right in for this year’s class.

Looks like the facebook group has 77 members in it, and KYCOM accepts 135 per year. Granted everyone is not in the facebook group, I'd venture to assume there's probably a solid 30 seats still open, which is reassuring.

Anybody else slated to interview 3/29?

Did the interview invite say that you’re interviewing for the class of 2019?

Hey guys! I got an email today saying that I was screened for my uGPA under 3.2, but to let them know if i have updated test scores or grades.... My grad GPA is 3.6. Is this just a straight pre-II rejection? I assume so, but why would they ask for an update?

I also received this email. My grad GPA is currently a 4.0. I'm hoping this isn't a pre-II rejection because I was really looking forward to interviewing here.. :nailbiting: I emailed Michael back, but haven't heard back.

Looks like the facebook group has 77 members in it, and KYCOM accepts 135 per year. Granted everyone is not in the facebook group, I'd venture to assume there's probably a solid 30 seats still open, which is reassuring.

Anybody else slated to interview 3/29?

For the FB page, some of the people are not even in the class of 2019. For example, someone within the group reached out to me for roommate stuff, and she is a current M3. So there could be even more spots that we aren't seeing. Just putting that out there for people that are interviewing in the future!

For the FB page, some of the people are not even in the class of 2019. For example, someone within the group reached out to me for roommate stuff, and she is a current M3. So there could be even more spots that we aren't seeing. Just putting that out there for people that are interviewing in the future!
I noticed that as well!

I also received this email. My grad GPA is currently a 4.0. I'm hoping this isn't a pre-II rejection because I was really looking forward to interviewing here.. :nailbiting: I emailed Michael back, but haven't heard back.
So weird! I updated AACOMAS with fall grades, and emailed him and he asked for my updates to add to my file. I hope I get an interview, but I did tell him that I'm extremely interested because of the school's mission. I guess I'll let you know. It was a weird email...

Can any current students please DM me what are some of the good (best) rotation sites of KYCOM based on the list on their websites? And what makes them good?
Since I've seen a lot of people complaining about the rotation sites at this school, which make me nervous

Can any current student comment on the curriculum at KYCOM? I recently put down my deposit for the school and would love to hear your thoughts.
Feel free to message me

Can any current students please DM me what are some of the good (best) rotation sites of KYCOM based on the list on their websites? And what makes them good?
Since I've seen a lot of people complaining about the rotation sites at this school, which make me nervous
I am a current 2nd year so I am not sure I will be much help yet but we just went through the process of selecting our rotation site and I am currently happy with my selection. Most sites are in KY but there are others in OH, MI, IN etc. I’d be happy to answer whatever questions you have.

I believe there are still spots open currently but I have no idea how many. For the interview, just be prepared to talk about yourself and your application/essays. It is incredibly laid back so just be yourself:) Best of luck

Does anyone have any information about the hold list? I was just recently informed that it is different than a waitlist.
They will let you know what you are on hold for. It usually means there is a discrepancy in your application or they are waiting for additional information to make a decision. They will let you know as soon as they have a decision though

Things could be different but when I was accepted 2 years ago the only “official acceptance” was in an email and no shirts were sent out. Not sure if this is a new thing they are doing but I haven’t heard of it. EValue is honestly a pain to get stared but you will use it all 4 years so that one is the only impt thing you have to look into. Make sure to get all of your vaccines and titers by the time you come to school. They are very serious about this and will deny you starting until they are all complete so be sure to get that done. You will receive all your KYCOM Advantage “gifts” during orientation (and I’m jealous of your stuff b/c its way better than mine :) If you have any more questions feel free to post or message me

At what point is the best time to look for apartments/housing? How quickly does everything fill up?

At what point is the best time to look for apartments/housing? How quickly does everything fill up?
Most people usually have their place by May. The list of landlords on the FB group is full of ppl who understand you probably won’t be moving until June or July so honestly looking as soon as possible is fine. Most people do not have issues finding a place but it depends on your needs/requirements. Most places are pet friendly but some are not etc. So I would start looking now but don’t stress over it

Accepted!!! Interviewed 2/8 and got the call earlier today! Can't wait to meet everyone in the Fall! :soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
Are we supposed to get an email after putting a deposit down?

I paid last week and only got an auto receipt email

Are we supposed to get an email after putting a deposit down?

I paid last week and only got an auto receipt email
That is all I got also and I put down my deposit in December. They should follow up probably in March with more information!

Hi! Got II last week and am trying to decide if I should go. Already have a few acceptances and put down my deposit at another school I love. I'm from the Northeast and prefer to be near a city, but I also know we are there for school so it really doesn't matter that much. I was wondering if anyone could offer any insight as to why you may have chosen this school over others? Or just what you love about it general?

Hi! Got II last week and am trying to decide if I should go. Already have a few acceptances and put down my deposit at another school I love. I'm from the Northeast and prefer to be near a city, but I also know we are there for school so it really doesn't matter that much. I was wondering if anyone could offer any insight as to why you may have chosen this school over others? Or just what you love about it general?

I am from Ohio, and I have wanted to leave Ohio for a very long time. I interviewed at two schools (including this one), and I liked the feel of the school SO much better than the other one. Everyone is super friendly and welcoming, and they make an effort to get to know you as both a person and a future medical student. The interview was super relaxed, and the town of Pikeville itself made me feel comfortable (which sounds weird, but it has a small town feel). They also have a huge focus on primary care medicine, which is something I am extremely interested in. I would definitely go to the interview if you are wanting to explore more options, BUT if you feel as if you belong somewhere else, go there! But I would definitely go to the interview if you have the money/time to spare!

I chose Pikeville over other schools because I felt more at home and valued here. The conversations were great, the reputation the school has is great, it was 3 hours from home (which was about the same as a few other schools I was accepted at) and the town is small and cute with Lexington being only 2 hours away. So it was far enough away from home life but not too far in case I wanted to get back for a long weekend. You wont have time to get caught up in having too much fun so you are right in that it does not matter about that. You really just have to figure out where you belong, where you have wanted to go, and ultimately what is the best place for you to be where you will keep your sanity lol. I have made great friends, love the supportive faculty and still manage to have fun usually after block exams.

Can current students plz clarify that even though the classes are not mandatary after 1st semester, professors still find some ways to force you to go to classes every day, like making pop quizzes very frequently every day right?