2018-2019 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have not, did you get a complete email?

I didn't receive an email stating my application is complete either. But, when I checked the portal under "status" it says "application complete." So, I am assuming that means it is under review

Members don't see this ad.

submitted my secondary application late July. Still haven't heard back..I tried calling a couple time..is it silent rejection or should I still be hopeful?

Stats are above average for acceptance. Currently in grad school and from CA. :)

Hey! So Pikeville is a school where they prefer people with ties to Ky or from nearby states. I wouldn’t lose all hope, but just something to be aware of.

Hey! So Pikeville is a school where they prefer people with ties to Ky or from nearby states. I wouldn’t lose all hope, but just something to be aware of.
I see. I am just very interested in their curriculum but thanks this is good to know!

Members don't see this ad :)
I see. I am just very interested in their curriculum but thanks this is good to know!
I'm from CA and got an interview. Be patient I'm sure yours is on its way :)

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted my secondary on 09/20 & haven’t heard anything back :-/. Should I take this as a silent rejection? I’m OOS with no ties to the area. I applied bc I matched their mission.

Submitted my secondary on 09/20 & haven’t heard anything back :-/. Should I take this as a silent rejection? I’m OOS with no ties to the area. I applied bc I matched their mission.
I was complete in July at the start of the application cycle and didn't get my interview invite till late August. Patience!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Emailed Ronnie to see if my app was complete. No email back. Should I call or email someone else?

has anyone who has gotten an acceptance gotten the email from Ronnie with the additional information?

I have not received an acceptance email yet- accepted from 9/21 interview

For people who got the secondary earlier in the cycle, did you get a complete email? and how long did it take?

I just had a question, I had filled my application out primary in July. But I received my secondary this week of September is that a good sign?
Yep, the earlier the better

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from CA and got an interview. Be patient I'm sure yours is on its way :)
haha thanks and congrats! When did you submit your secondary application and when did you hear back?

haha thanks and congrats! When did you submit your secondary application and when did you hear back?
Submitted early July, interview invite late August! Don't remember exact dates

Accepted from Sep 21 interview! If anyone from that date is still waiting to hear back, Ronnie said the dean has been out a lot and that has pushed back their notification of the acceptances.

Reactions: 2 users
I was complete on October 2nd. Still no II. It seems like if they want to interview you then they send you an invite within a few days.

should I give up hope? lol

I was complete on October 2nd. Still no II. It seems like if they want to interview you then they send you an invite within a few days.

I feel like that's exactly what they do. I turned in my secondary late July! still haven't heard back

Interviewed August 31st, accepted. Put down my deposit of $1,000, waiting for the immunization and financial aid information packet to arrive. Anyone have any idea of when these should be sent out to those who've already put down their deposit?

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted early July, interview invite late August! Don't remember exact dates

Don’t give up hope, no news is still good news. You should contact Ronnie if you are very interested in the school though.

Anyone who was accepted 9/21 get the acceptance email yet?

Finally got a response. Ronnie said they are currently screening at 498 and 3.2 gpa. Hope this helps everyone

Is anyone else receiving an "error 500" when trying to access and log into the portal?

What’s the turn around for hearing back on accepted/rejected/waitlisted after an interview?

What’s the turn around for hearing back on accepted/rejected/waitlisted after an interview?

It seems like it is about a week to two weeks post-interview. I interviewed on Aug. 31st and got a call exactly two weeks later. But that was also a little earlier in the cycle, so it could have changed.

Any ideas on what airport to fly at that is the cheapest?

Any ideas on what airport to fly at that is the cheapest?
Cincinnati and Louisville are both a 3 hour drive away. Unless I missed something when booking mine, I think those were the closest large city ones that would therefor be a little cheaper to fly into. but then of course you have to rent a car.

Anyone here want to comment on Pikeville vs LMU-DCOM? Was accepted to both, heavily leaning toward Pikeville, at least at them moment. Will still be waiting until December 14th to weigh out all available options

Anyone here want to comment on Pikeville vs LMU-DCOM? Was accepted to both, heavily leaning toward Pikeville, at least at them moment. Will still be waiting until December 14th to weigh out all available options
I am actually in the same exact boat. Also waiting to hear back from LECOM (erie). Pikevilles class size (135) seems more manageable than LMU (230ish). Pikevilles location is more appealing, in my opinion and is quite a bit less per year. I felt that the staff was more personable at KYCOM, and that the school is a bit more accomplished and LMU is still on the upswing. I have a friend at Pikeville, he loves it. Staff is friendly and truly wants the students to succeed. LMU had nice facilities (especially cadaver lab), but I think Pikeville overall was better. What are your thoughts?

For those of you who were accepted and haven't received an acceptance email, you can log onto your application portal and pay the deposit. It says an email will follow up after you pay your deposit.

I am actually in the same exact boat. Also waiting to hear back from LECOM (erie). Pikevilles class size (135) seems more manageable than LMU (230ish). Pikevilles location is more appealing, in my opinion and is quite a bit less per year. I felt that the staff was more personable at KYCOM, and that the school is a bit more accomplished and LMU is still on the upswing. I have a friend at Pikeville, he loves it. Staff is friendly and truly wants the students to succeed. LMU had nice facilities (especially cadaver lab), but I think Pikeville overall was better. What are your thoughts?

I like how LMU is closer to Knoxville. I think both are in beautiful areas. Pikeville seems like a much better school. I like the way the curriculum is organized there. But coming from being a college athlete I really like how involved the students at LMU were at intermurals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For friday interviews, how soon can you leave? I m trying to book my return flights so trying to gauge if I can make it back the next day..

For friday interviews, how soon can you leave? I m trying to book my return flights so trying to gauge if I can make it back the next day..

I was done by 3/3:30 and there were just a few people left when I was done.

I am interviewing here today so I can let you know when we are done!

Interviewed August 31st, accepted. Put down my deposit of $1,000, waiting for the immunization and financial aid information packet to arrive. Anyone have any idea of when these should be sent out to those who've already put down their deposit?

I put down my deposit mid-September, and I have gotten no response since for background check info or anything else like that. My email said that someone should be getting to us about that soon enough. I also saw somewhere on this forum that someone will make a Facebook page for accepted and paid students, and this will contain landlord info and people going to KYCOM for next year. Can anyone else confirm on this?

Also, if anyone is looking to live with another person/other people next year, I'm down :naughty: lol. I assume we do the "looking for roommate" stuff on the facebook page though, but I am just anxious to complete the next steps.

I had the same choice to make, I chose Pikeville due to access to a level 2 trauma center that was so close to the school as well as more things to do, places to eat etc.

I put down my deposit mid-September, and I have gotten no response since for background check info or anything else like that. My email said that someone should be getting to us about that soon enough. I also saw somewhere on this forum that someone will make a Facebook page for accepted and paid students, and this will contain landlord info and people going to KYCOM for next year. Can anyone else confirm on this?

Also, if anyone is looking to live with another person/other people next year, I'm down :naughty: lol. I assume we do the "looking for roommate" stuff on the facebook page though, but I am just anxious to complete the next steps.
The FB page will start around Feb when majority of the class is selected and the 2nd years have a better idea where they are going for rotations

The FB page will start around Feb when majority of the class is selected and the 2nd years have a better idea where they are going for rotations

Thank you so much! Wow, I don't know where I got November, whoops.