2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Another email..I lost count of how many times I got Wayne stated this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
wayne...honey...i already applied why'd you send me that email (stuck on SC)

Reactions: 1 users
*Sends email in December encouraging us to apply*- Wayne
*Applied back in Aug*- Most of us

*Sends email about google doc and interview tips*-Wayne
*Still waiting on II*- Most of us

:bang:

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
*Sends email in December encouraging us to apply*- Wayne
*Applied back in Aug*- Most of us

*Sends email about google doc and interview tips*-Wayne
*Still waiting on II*- Most of us

:bang:
Lol seriously. All that mail encouraging me to apply and I’m just like yo I did that long time ago!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone from 11/02 interview or before still waiting to hear back? I'm really starting to get antsy. I'm tired of telling friends and family that I don't know yet when they ask if I got in.

Reactions: 1 user
So sorry if this has been answered, but I have been mostly seeing many staying on the SS for the longest time... I, on the other hand, have been on SC since 10/26 (so today marks 6 weeks exactly) and was wondering whether you guys have noticed a pattern with people staying on SC for that long then basically getting rejected or not... because I am starting to think so :(

So sorry if this has been answered, but I have been mostly seeing many staying on the SS for the longest time... I, on the other hand, have been on SC since 10/26 (so today marks 6 weeks exactly) and was wondering whether you guys have noticed a pattern with people staying on SC for that long then basically getting rejected or not... because I am starting to think so :(
Just through scrolling this page, it seems like nobody is sure what those distinctions mean and if they are bad. For the record, I think I was on SS before receiving my interview but i'm not completely sure. I wouldn't dwell over that too much, its clear that Wayne is really dragging their feet. I remember another poster mentioning that they still had roughly 200 or so interviews left to send out for this cycle.

When I emailed the office, they didn't even respond... lol
What a nice school :)

for those who interviewed, what time did the interview day finish?

Just through scrolling this page, it seems like nobody is sure what those distinctions mean and if they are bad. For the record, I think I was on SS before receiving my interview but i'm not completely sure. I wouldn't dwell over that too much, its clear that Wayne is really dragging their feet. I remember another poster mentioning that they still had roughly 200 or so interviews left to send out for this cycle.

Ok, thank you very much for your response! I am trying my best to be patient with this school because I know how many apps they get each year, but sometimes I can't help but feel anxious about the big time gaps of radio silence :(

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people are invited in one day?
There are 2 groups that interview on any given interview day. Each group consists of approximately 20 ppl. Wayne interviews on Mondays and Fridays only. So - per week, Wayne has 40 + 40 = 80 interviewees (give or take a few).

So i've been stuck on MR forever since complete late august/early september- if my status never reaches SS or SC does that mean they aren't even interested in reading my app? o_O

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know of some good apartments in Midtown or anywhere close in Detroit?

I interviewed on 11/2 and had radio silence (as per usual), but then I randomly decided to check the portal and saw that my admissions status had changed to "Med School Admit (MA)" 20 days before (on 11/20)! I signed in to the Wayne Outlook program and found the acceptance email there. So, to be clear, I never got an acceptance email sent to my main email, where literally all communication has been so far.

If you haven't heard anything, definitely check the portal. I feel like some people check their schools' portals like daily, but if you're like me and don't make a habit of it, definitely check it to see if there's been an admissions decision.

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed on 11/2 and had radio silence (as per usual), but then I randomly decided to check the portal and saw that my admissions status had changed to "Med School Admit (MA)" 20 days before (on 11/20)! I signed in to the Wayne Outlook program and found the acceptance email there. So, to be clear, I never got an acceptance email sent to my main email, where literally all communication has been so far.

If you haven't heard anything, definitely check the portal. I feel like some people check their schools' portals like daily, but if you're like me and don't make a habit of it, definitely check it to see if there's been an admissions decision.
man I wish this was my situation :laugh::laugh: on a serious note, congratulations! haha hopefully I find out sometime if we'll be in the same class next year or not.

Reactions: 2 users

Yeah I can totally see this being the case. Good to know and congratulations!

I'm in the early group that starts at 7:45am, anyone know when they finish? Wondering if I can catch a flight at 5:15.
We finished around 3pm. My flight left at 5:20pm and I was able to make it to the airport just fine

Does Wayne receptive to post-secondary (pre-II) updates?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats!

Sorry, I don't frequent this site so hopefully this is enough info - LizzyM 73, IS, reapp w/ meaningful gap year (last applied during 2016-2017 cycle).

When the train station reminds me of my status.

Attachments

• B09688A6-6ADD-48D5-85F3-E864B7134AD5.jpeg
    B09688A6-6ADD-48D5-85F3-E864B7134AD5.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: 8 users
I checked my portal since it seems like they're bad at emailing- still in MR lol complete since 9/4. Probs don't have a shot.

Here's my guess:

SS= Satisfactory Screen
SC= Screen Complete
MR= Med School Review
MV= Med School Visit
MA= Med School Admit

Here's my guess:

SS= Satisfactory Screen
SC= Screen Complete
MR= Med School Review
MV= Med School Visit
MA= Med School Admit

My application still say SS from months ago. Does this mean I didn't submit my application or does it just mean I have to continue waiting?

I have been staring at this screen for months while people freaked out about SS and SC...

Finally, today I had to create an account and write my "guess"

@hugh2012 ---> I am no adcom but my money is on the "you have to keep waiting" option

If you are invited to an interview, how do you know if you have an "early" vs "late" interview? Mine just says 7:45 - 4 PM

Do you mind sharing if all of your 6 II were MD schools or you had some DO's as well? (just curious).
Just MD. If you wanna know any more, feel free to DM me. I don't wanna give out too much info on this page :)

Hi, I interviewed 12-11-18.

They say it's about a 2 month turnaround on decisions.

Do you need to bring a passport-size photo of yourself to the interview? Is there anything else that you're required to bring/should bring?

Do you need to bring a passport-size photo of yourself to the interview? Is there anything else that you're required to bring/should bring?
Not at all! Admissions takes your photo then and there.

There isn't a particularly long walking tour either, so don't worry about shoes.