2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m a Canadian applicant and when completing my secondary application, I didn’t upload anything for the Visa papers section. I received an email that my secondary was complete and I’ve been SS since 09/04. Does anyone know if the visa papers thing affects my application??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
2oxwle.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Woke up this morning to a beautiful email that said "Welcome to WSU School of Medicine"! Can't believe i'm gonna be a doctor y'all :') Interviewed on 11/9

Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Woke up this morning to a beautiful email that said "Welcome to WSU School of Medicine"! Can't believe i'm gonna be a doctor y'all :') Interviewed on 11/9
Congrats. Anyone else got the acceptance email?

Congrats to those who just got accepted! Anyone still waiting from before 11/9 hear anything?

Reactions: 1 user
So basically none of this is in any order ? seems like some people in October haven't heard but then again 11/9 people getting acceptance e-mails?
It doesn't seem to be at least. I've been wondering if they rank people and have been sending out responses that way

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email this morning stating that I got accepted but the thing is, I was placed on the waitlist awhile back in October LOL I hope this wasn't a mistake but I feel like it's a bit early for there to be movement on the waitlist

EDIT: That being said, does anyone know when the portal changes after a decision is made?

Last edited:
I got an email that I got accepted but I was placed on the waitlist awhile back in October LOL I hope this wasn't a mistake but I feel like it's a bit early for there to be movement on the waitlist

EDIT: That being said, does anyone know when the portal changes after a decision is made?

My portal hasn't changed yet, but based on this thread, it looks like it should eventually

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Early November interview. OOS, non-trad, reinventor.

Reactions: 6 users
Is it pretty safe to say that MSAR isn't even remotely comparable to this years cycle?

I’m a Canadian applicant and when completing my secondary application, I didn’t upload anything for the Visa papers section. I received an email that my secondary was complete and I’ve been SS since 09/04. Does anyone know if the visa papers thing affects my application??

Sent from my iPhone using

I'm also a Canadian applicant. I sent them a copy of the first page of my passport. Just scan yours and upload it to your portal.

It must be something like this. I interviewed in October and heard back about an acceptance in 4 days. Other people who interviewed with me still haven’t heard anything. I have no idea what the metrics are though because I’m a fairly average stat applicant for the school.

Anyone know if there is a facebook page yet for accepted students?

If you haven't heard back yet, you're not going to hear back until January 17th. Admissions isn't going to meet until then

Interviewed 10/26 and haven’t heard back yet. Portal still says med school invite to interview

Thank you! When did you interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interviewed this week. They said with the amount of apps they received they're just back logged but everyone will have a decision by april but its going to take about two months from here on out

Something that I do want to point out to everyone waiting for an interview: Wayne state seemed to be very committed to giving people a fair shot, if you haven't received word yet, you're not out of the game because they are reviewing applications until december 31st.

Reactions: 3 users
Something that I do want to point out to everyone waiting for an interview: Wayne state seemed to be very committed to giving people a fair shot, if you haven't received word yet, you're not out of the game because they are reviewing applications until december 31st.
As much as I want to feel bad for the people stuck on SS and SC....
a bunch of us (me included) are still on MR :ninja: I'm sure wayne just threw us into a pile of "NOPE" and left our application to biodegrade.
It would be nice to at least let us applicants know that we're no longer being considered.

It must be something like this. I interviewed in October and heard back about an acceptance in 4 days. Other people who interviewed with me still haven’t heard anything. I have no idea what the metrics are though because I’m a fairly average stat applicant for the school.
Congratulations! This definitely does not seem like the norm so you must have done something extraordinary during the interview to stand out so much.

Interviewed this week. They said with the amount of apps they received they're just back logged but everyone will have a decision by april but its going to take about two months from here on out

Ahh gotcha! Thanks for the info! They said that the next adcom meeting is on Jan 17th? They never said anything on my interview. Just that it could take at least 2 months

Where is it said that they review apps until December 31? I was really hoping for an II from this school since it's oh so close to home, but now your statement's making me worry.

Where is it said that they review apps until December 31? I was really hoping for an II from this school since it's oh so close to home, but now your statement's making me worry.
Deadline for secondary is december 31st, sorry for the confusion. They plan on interviewing around 1200

Ahh gotcha! Thanks for the info! They said that the next adcom meeting is on Jan 17th? They never said anything on my interview. Just that it could take at least 2 months

Either 14th or 17th but either way not until mid january

Yet another heart attack thanks to Wayne State’s emails lmao

Reactions: 9 users
So I got my second email solicitation to apply. I'm not seeing a lot of love from Texas schools despite my high(ish). MCAT. Is it worth applying this late in the game?

Side note - I've never been to Detroit and hate cold weather.

Non-trad/514/3.6c/3.7s

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using SDN mobile

So I got my second email solicitation to apply. I'm not seeing a lot of love from Texas schools despite my high(ish). MCAT. Is it worth applying this late in the game?

Side note - I've never been to Detroit and hate cold weather.

Non-trad/514/3.6c/3.7s

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using SDN mobile
I would say no because they have already sent out 1062 interview invitations so they likely will send out only 100-150 more max. You could call the admissions office as well. They may be able to give some more information.

So good news, I did actually get moved off the waitlist and accepted (not a fluke email like I thought it might have been)! I guess this means that there might already be movement on the waitlist for this cycle?

Reactions: 3 users
So good news, I did actually get moved off the waitlist and accepted (not a fluke email like I thought it might have been)! I guess this means that there might already be movement on the waitlist for this cycle?
Only 5 MD apps? Bold strategy, but great news for you!

Only 5 MD apps? Bold strategy, but great news for you!

Thanks! :)
Let's just say my wallet did a good job at narrowing the amount of options for me when the time came :dead:

To anyone recently accepted, how do you confirm your acceptance? My portal just changed today to show that I was accepted, but is there some other site I need to go?

To anyone recently accepted, how do you confirm your acceptance? My portal just changed today to show that I was accepted, but is there some other site I need to go?

Yes, scroll up someone posted about it

is there a facebook group yet?
EDIT: does anyone know when deposit info will come around?

is there a facebook group yet?
EDIT: does anyone know when deposit info will come around?
I interviewed last week and they told us there was no deposit. Also you don’t have to respond to the acceptance until April. They said only respond if you are for sure NOT going. Otherwise they will keep you as if it’s a yes until they hear otherwise from you or you officially commit to enroll.

Accepted!! Just got the email!! Interview 12/3! Thought I wasn’t hearing back till January but they must still be sending out acceptances today!

Reactions: 6 users