2018-2019 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just a bit ago. Complete 7/25 I think (never got complete email)? LM <70. Very OOS lol. Available dates are 9/13, 9/27, 10/11.
...aaaaaaand 9/13 is filled up smh

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today, complete 8/2 or 8/3, LizzyM around 65-70, nontrad

If we interview with one campus, does that in anyway affect getting an invite from the other (NW)?

secondary submitted on 8/13 but LORs are still awaiting...even though theyre uploaded in aacomas.

Reactions: 1 user
secondary submitted on 8/13 but LORs are still awaiting...even though theyre uploaded in aacomas.

Took about two weeks post submission for LOR to be verrfied and have a green check mark. I believe they go through them individually and verify it meets all the requirements.

Took about two weeks post submission for LOR to be verrfied and have a green check mark. I believe they go through them individually and verify it meets all the requirements.
I'm reaching that two week mark today, so I'm hoping for a change in my letter status soon. I have to distract myself somehow. Gonna work on more apps I guess haha.

Just signed up for the October 11th interview after an invite a few weeks ago. I am from the midwest with no ties to CA proper - does anyone know if this school is most likely to reject OOS after an interview or before? That 85% CA resident student body has me SHOOK. I wasn't expecting to receive much love from this school when submitting my secondary but I am really excited by the oppurtunity to keep trying for this program!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary 7/6 and my letters were marked received around 7/27 and I still haven't heard a peep. Anyone in a similar situation? I know its early but I'm worried my app was overlooked

I submitted my secondary 7/6 and my letters were marked received around 7/27 and I still haven't heard a peep. Anyone in a similar situation? I know its early but I'm worried my app was overlooked
I think you're right in the time zone that you may hear back. So far I've seen from others its been 3-4 weeks since all checkmarks are received, so that puts you in this week. Hopefully you'll hear soon. Wish you luck!

Received my Secondary on 7/24. Submitted on 7/25. And didn't have my letters as marked complete till 8/8. And I'm still waiting as well.

I'm reaching that two week mark today, so I'm hoping for a change in my letter status soon. I have to distract myself somehow. Gonna work on more apps I guess haha.
I just checked for the second time today to see if my letters updated. Got the green check marks! Looks like that 2 week turnaround from secondary submission to letters updated is pretty accurate for anyone in this forum wondering or still waiting. Let the 3-4 week wait for an II begin!

Just out of curiosity, when is the first interview date? It' not August 30, is it? Has anyone interviewed before that?

does anyone know what the earliest available interview date is now? is 9/27 open?

thank you! i'm trying to figure out how to access it post-registration too. i'm not sure when (someone else is helping me reschedule) but i'm letting the 8/30 date go soon. maybe that date will work out better for you.

and neurophilic, i think the earliest date is 8/30.

II today, complete 8/2 or 8/3, LizzyM around 65-70, nontrad

If we interview with one campus, does that in anyway affect getting an invite from the other (NW)?
There are people got accepted at both campuses, so you should not worry.

I see that some people have gotten an II with a last reviewed date after mine (7/30). Does that mean I have been rejected?

any current students care to comment on their experiences at the school and what to except for the interviews?? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I see that some people have gotten an II with a last reviewed date after mine (7/30). Does that mean I have been rejected?
Not necessarily. You can be interviewed anytime between now and March.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Went to the preview day today. Honestly, no rejection means you're still in the running according to staff. It's gonna be a long cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Went to the preview day today. Honestly, no rejection means you're still in the running according to staff. It's gonna be a long cycle.
Thanks for passing this info off! Did you get an opportunity to talk to admissions people and tell them your name and stuff? In some cases if you make a really good impression, they ask for your name and say they will keep an eye out for your app. Did you experience anything like this?

Thanks for passing this info off! Did you get an opportunity to talk to admissions people and tell them your name and stuff? In some cases if you make a really good impression, they ask for your name and say they will keep an eye out for your app. Did you experience anything like this?
No problem! I personally did not do this, however I'm sure some applicants did try this. There was a small window of opportunity (maybe a couple of minutes to talk to some people), however I felt the bigger advantage to attending was #1 seeing if you were a good fit to the school, #2 being able to discuss in your secondaries or interviews that you went to preview day and liked what you saw (for specific questions like, why WesternU). They also provide you with emails from the people who presented, which is another opportunity. I'm currently typing up "thank you's" for taking the time to present detailed information and how I found it very helpful (curriculum, osteopathic medicine philosophy, demonstrations, etc). Not sure if this would do anything for my application per se, but I saw it as another opportunity to just express my interest to the school and thought it wouldn't hurt to be polite thanking people for their time on a Saturday. Hope that helps! Ask me anything that I might have obtained info about from the preview day, I'm happy to share.

Does anyone know where to upload our passport photos? The email said to refer to the interview web page about where to upload them, but there is no info on the interview web page. I just uploaded mine under supplemental materials on my application for now. Thanks!

Does anyone know where to upload our passport photos? The email said to refer to the interview web page about where to upload them, but there is no info on the interview web page. I just uploaded mine under supplemental materials on my application for now. Thanks!

I do not remember having to upload a photo

No problem! I personally did not do this, however I'm sure some applicants did try this. There was a small window of opportunity (maybe a couple of minutes to talk to some people), however I felt the bigger advantage to attending was #1 seeing if you were a good fit to the school, #2 being able to discuss in your secondaries or interviews that you went to preview day and liked what you saw (for specific questions like, why WesternU). They also provide you with emails from the people who presented, which is another opportunity. I'm currently typing up "thank you's" for taking the time to present detailed information and how I found it very helpful (curriculum, osteopathic medicine philosophy, demonstrations, etc). Not sure if this would do anything for my application per se, but I saw it as another opportunity to just express my interest to the school and thought it wouldn't hurt to be polite thanking people for their time on a Saturday. Hope that helps! Ask me anything that I might have obtained info about from the preview day, I'm happy to share.
Thanks and cheers for the detailed response! Hopefully emailing them helps you out a bit. Good luck!

I have been seeing in this thread that it took about two weeks for letters to be verified from the time of secondary submission. Did anyone have to wait longer than two weeks? I am going on day 19 now without having the green checkmarks next to my DO and committee letters.

I have been seeing in this thread that it took about two weeks for letters to be verified from the time of secondary submission. Did anyone have to wait longer than two weeks? I am going on day 19 now without having the green checkmarks next to my DO and committee letters.
It took me about three weeks.

I would say at 19 days you’ll see the change probably soon. Ive seen anywhere from 2-4 weeks depending on when people submitted. They are probably just busier at the moment, don’t worry. I would not look at the page too often because once you do get the green check marks, it’ll be another 4 weeks anyways until you hear back, so there’s not much you can do. Unless you’re worried that for some reason they won’t accept your letters.

I submitted my secondary July 5 and have green check marks by every requirement listed (complete on 7/19). Still no changes on the portal. Does this school do silent rejects?

I submitted my secondary July 5 and have green check marks by every requirement listed (complete on 7/19). Still no changes on the portal. Does this school do silent rejects?
No rejection, still in the game! I think they'll eventually reject people even pre-interview.

I would say at 19 days you’ll see the change probably soon. Ive seen anywhere from 2-4 weeks depending on when people submitted. They are probably just busier at the moment, don’t worry. I would not look at the page too often because once you do get the green check marks, it’ll be another 4 weeks anyways until you hear back, so there’s not much you can do. Unless you’re worried that for some reason they won’t accept your letters.

I actually got the green checkmarks within a couple hours after I posted my original post lol. Thanks for the help, though!

Letters were finally reviewed 8/13. Really sweating here. My poor email account is probably worried about how often I keep checking.

My primary was received around 6/20 but still haven't received a secondary from WesternU. Is it safe to assume I've been screened out?

Any updates on interview day and what to expect?

Also, any current students want to comment on their experiences so far? Any info would be greatly appreciated!! :)

My primary was received around 6/20 but still haven't received a secondary from WesternU. Is it safe to assume I've been screened out?
I wouldn't go as far as to say screened out but I would definitely follow up on and inquire on the status of your application.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if this interview day is similar to western oregon?

Ick, finally finishing this secondary. I got the invite back in early July but apparently the 10 day deadline is not a hard one when I emailed back then. Hopefully they will still look at my application..