2019-2020 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At my interview in early Jan they made it sound like everyone who interviewed should have it filled out by Feb 1st. Maybe I misheard but I did it just to be safe.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at the end of November, and I also got the same impression that the sooner you filed, the better. My interview cohort was also informed that we would not hear a decision until March, so I assume they meant for us to submit financial aid info prior to a decision.

Yes but I was under the impression they meant FAFSA materials, didn't know about this profile thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes but I was under the impression they meant FAFSA materials, didn't know about this profile thing.
A few other schools I interviewed at require the CSS profile so I submitted it all together.

Reactions: 1 user

Application Track 1: If you are an incoming, first year MD student applying for institutional, need-based financial aid, including the Federal Direct Loan, submit all documents indicated in Application Track 1. Parent information is required for Track 1 applicants.

Application Track 2: If you are applying solely for the Federal Direct Loan, submit all documents indication in Application Track 2. Parent information is not required for Track 2 applicants.

Looks like Feb 1 date is for need based or for loan. Any thing that we need fill up for merit/Scholarship?

anyone hear back from fin aid yet?
I don't think they release FA packages until second look weekend. Not sure if that's just for march acceptances or for everyone but that's what the FA person said on the phone when I called.

I don't think they release FA packages until second look weekend. Not sure if that's just for march acceptances or for everyone but that's what the FA person said on the phone when I called.
When I called a couple weeks ago they said they were planning to release last week for priority deadline peeps. Guess that didn't happen :laugh:

When I called a couple weeks ago they said they were planning to release last week for priority deadline peeps. Guess that didn't happen :laugh:
Yeah, like I said they might be releasing FA packages for people accepted in dec. soon. For everyone deferred to a March decision, they said April 4th you'll get FA packages.

when you guys talking about FA packages, is it need based financial aid or merit scholarship?

When I emailed with them they said they will have december acceptees packages "well before second look weekend" whatever that means...

when you guys talking about FA packages, is it need based financial aid or merit scholarship?
Financial Aid. Merit scholarships have already been parsed out for Dec. acceptances as far as I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Financial Aid. Merit scholarships have already been parsed out for Dec. acceptances as far as I know.
For people waiting March acceptance, do they need to do anything for merit scholarship? Any paper work needs to file? CSS profile, etc?
For Dec acceptance people, did they get notification of merit scholarship with their acceptance call/email?

Hi there! Can any current students speak to the clinical experience at BU? Given the more traditional curriculum, how much exposure do you get in years 1 + 2? If you’ve sought out other clinical experience, what has been worthwhile? Lastly, as for the clinical years, how common/encouraged are away rotations?

Just got like 5 spam calls from a Boston # and that's not cool. :mad:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
So I'm looking at the upload instructions on the web portal, and they mention "Once you click save", but I don't see a save button. Is it just me, or is that button not available once you upload something onto the portal? This is in the Upload or View Documents tab of the portal btw.

There is a save and cancel button on the right side after you pressed the add button

Hi all! I was deferred until March but was wondering if anyone knew the date for a second look day? I’m trying to plan travel around this in case I get good news :) thanks in advance!

Hi all! I was deferred until March but was wondering if anyone knew the date for a second look day? I’m trying to plan travel around this in case I get good news :) thanks in advance!
In the follow up email they sent after my interview, they said it’s April 4th!

Emails were sent out March 11th last year and March 9th the year before so I'm guessing the week of the March 9th or maybe the week of March 16th.
No phone calls? straight email notification?

Do we know if the admissions committee has already deliberated or if it’s worth sending an update

Sent in an update/ LOI today. If it's late, it's late, but I trust they would review all application materials before making a decision. Hope success finds us all eventually.
Deferred crowd how we doing

Reactions: 1 users
Wondering if any current students wanted to answer some Qs about rotations sites and a few other things I am interested in. Tried emailing admissions ~two weeks ago but never got a response.

Financial aid please be good to me *insert prayer emoji*

I think they went out on March 7th last year, so perhaps late next week?

I think the calls started on the 7th but it's your interviewer's discretion whether or not to call. Emails went out on the 11th last year and 9th the year so I'm guessing we will likely hear back in the next 2 weeks.

So is the consensus that we'll hear this week or next? I want to start mentally preparing...

And then there was one. BU is the last school I have to hear from, and happens to be my top choice. Been waiting since September

Is pretty much everyone who's accepted planning on living in the On Campus residence hall?

Is pretty much everyone who's accepted planning on living in the On Campus residence hall?
I'll be moving with my GF, so I'm not allowed on the on campus residence hall lol. But it looks like the move if you can do it!

• Love