2019-2020 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I want to thank everyone for being so helpful in this thread. I was wondering if anyone who interviewed could describe how the interview was. Were there any tricky questions or was it more laid back? How does it feel with the two faculty members interviewing?

I want to thank everyone for being so helpful in this thread. I was wondering if anyone who interviewed could describe how the interview was. Were there any tricky questions or was it more laid back? How does it feel with the two faculty members interviewing?

Interviewing at CHSU-COM was very enjoyable. The whole day (8a-1:30p) goes by smoothly and the atmosphere is inviting and friendly.
The actual interview is a little different than most schools but basically you'll have a set amount of time to answer questions, the interview is not conversational.

Interviewing at CHSU-COM was very enjoyable. The whole day (8a-1:30p) goes by smoothly and the atmosphere is inviting and friendly.
The actual interview is a little different than most schools but basically you'll have a set amount of time to answer questions, the interview is not conversational.
Thanks for the information! I see so it could be like the CASPER with scenario-based questions?

II just now! Pretty Excited! This is my first II and I was starting to get worried!
Good luck everyone! It's a long process but hang in there!
IS, LM 63, Completed 10/07

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview about 30 minutes ago, OOS LM 64.
Complete 9/5. woohoo!

Hi I sent in my secondary in July and still have not heard back? I tried to contact them with no luck.

And you taken the Casper and paid the $50 secondary fee?
You might be next. Stay hopefuly and best of luck, bud! The entire admission process is a mystery
I did everything already. I paid and took casper.

What were your stats? If you don’t mind me asking. I’m also OOS & Just applied here. :)

3.2 cGPA/sGPA 512 MCAT (131/125/129/127)

Earliest interview when I scheduled it was early - mid december with dates open in January too. I'm not sure if there are still dates open in December, but I'd imagine in January there are.

II just now! Pretty Excited! This is my first II and I was starting to get worried!
Good luck everyone! It's a long process but hang in there!
IS, LM 63, Completed 10/07
Do you have connections to the central valley? I'm near your LM too! But not from the central valley.

Did anyone get a confirmation email after signing up for an interview slot?

Is CHSU looking mainly for California residents?
Taken directly from their website: Mission & Vision
CHSU College of Osteopathic Medicine Vision
CHSU College of Osteopathic Medicine graduates will be committed to serving, and improving the healthcare outcomes of the underserved population in the Central Valley of California.
Although they don't explicitly state they're looking for CA residents only, it is stated in their vision that they want their graduates to serve the Central Valley.

Would also like to add that the Dean's Welcome leans towards a strong preference for CA residents, especially those from the Central Valley area.
With the Central Valley currently ranked lowest in access to care for California residents, our mission at the CHSU College of Osteopathic Medicine is to focus on recruiting and training physicians to stay and serve in the Central Valley.

CHSU faculty and staff have strong values and incredible passion about our mission. We invite you to join the entire CHSU community as we collaborate to advance the mission of our College of Osteopathic Medicine to positively impact the lives of people in California.

Brought in from other for-profit medical schools like Cal Northstate (which has a bad rep)

Why does northstate have a bad rep? Besides the fact that the require a direct secondary fee that bypasses AMCAS?

Is it worth applying here if you're from the Bay Area/NorCal?

Is it worth applying here if you're from the Bay Area/NorCal?
Hi @aayz345,
IMO, it doesn't hurt to apply. If you fit in the school's mission and vision, then you have a shot.

I have a few friends who are attending CA Northstate and they're enjoying the program.

II tonight! Available dates range throughout January.

Reactions: 2 users
ii just now! Oos completed in August
They offered 3 potential dates spread across January

Reactions: 3 users
Received an interview invite last night, but will be declining it. My preferred area was in the southeast U.S. and I've decided to decline all interviews outside of that area now that I actually got accepted into great schools in my desired location. I know there are so many of you who deem CHSU-COM as a top choice and deserve the opportunity! Good luck to each of you!

Primary Completed: 7/30
Primary Received: 8/12
Secondary Offered: 8/23
Secondary Completed: 9/13 (late due to personal emergency)
Interview Invite: 12/13
Application Withdrawn: 12/13

Last edited:
II on 12/13, but have officially sent an email requesting to relay this awesome opportunity to another extremely deserving applicant!

Does anyone who interviewed here know if there is somewhere we can store a bit of luggage at the school? And I'm guessing finding Ubers/Lyfts shouldn't be a concern here at all?

Does anyone who interviewed here know if there is somewhere we can store a bit of luggage at the school? And I'm guessing finding Ubers/Lyfts shouldn't be a concern here at all?
You definitely won't have any trouble with Ubers/Lyfts and you could always call the school and ask about the luggage situation. Everyone working there is extremely helpful!

Under Admission requirements, their website mentions "Achieve a minimum score of 496 or better on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) ", did anyone here apply with an MCAT score lower than 496? Thank you very much.

Under Admission requirements, their website mentions "Achieve a minimum score of 496 or better on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) ", did anyone here apply with an MCAT score lower than 496? Thank you very much.
Hi, I want to provide my thoughts on this. In my honest opinion, if someone is applying with an MCAT < 496, they may want to consider waiting and applying next cycle when they improve their MCAT score. Thousands of applicants are applying for medical school. Schools must have minimum criteria to screen applicants.

Also, metrics are only one part of the admission process and doesn't necessarily tell the whole story of who you are. I would encourage contacting the admission office with questions. My 2 cents. Good luck!

May I ask what that interview format was like?
You have an interview with 2 faculty at which time you answer a specific amount of questions. The class size is so small because it is the inaugural class. The following classes will be around 150 I believe. The campus is brand new and very high tech. The area is nice and the staff and faculty are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. I believe the school will be making a big impact in the area and for D.O. schools around the country.

Does anyone know what the stats of people getting interviews are like?