2019-2020 Case Western Reserve

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody know how accepting the offer works? If we hit accept and reserve my seat in the medical school class on the site is it binding?
 
Anybody know how accepting the offer works? If we hit accept and reserve my seat in the medical school class on the site is it binding?

I think for pretty much every school, "accepting" the offer now is non-binding until the AMCAS deadline where you can only hold one acceptance and multiple waitlists on April 30. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is how it works at every school!
 
OMG Accepted by email!!! Interviewed Late October. And invited to apply for the Dean's scholarship! Does anybody know how likely it is to get a scholarship if you get invited?

Congrats! The financial aid director told my interview session that about 1/3 of accepted applicants are invited to apply for merit scholarships, and about 1/2 of the scholarship applicants are offered some form of merit aid. She rounded it off by saying ultimately about a quarter of the accepted students are offered merit scholarships. Max last year was $40k
 
Congrats! The financial aid director told my interview session that about 1/3 of accepted applicants are invited to apply for merit scholarships, and about 1/2 of the scholarship applicants are offered some form of merit aid. She rounded it off by saying ultimately about a quarter of the accepted students are offered merit scholarships. Max last year was $40k
thanks! super helpful to know
 
I think for pretty much every school, "accepting" the offer now is non-binding until the AMCAS deadline where you can only hold one acceptance and multiple waitlists on April 30. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is how it works at every school!
then what is the point of accepting on their portal?
 
then what is the point of accepting on their portal?

I'm not sure what the reason is and why medical schools make you do it! When I accepted an offer at a different school, I had a few weeks to accept their offer, even though its non-binding until May. No clue why you have to do it but you should be fine accepting it! Maybe a current student can chime in but I think its more of a formality than anything
 
I'm not sure what the reason is and why medical schools make you do it! When I accepted an offer at a different school, I had a few weeks to accept their offer, even though its non-binding until May. No clue why you have to do it but you should be fine accepting it! Maybe a current student can chime in but I think its more of a formality than anything

I think it gives them a little bit more information in terms of how full their class is or how many more people to interview/accept. Keep in mind that not everyone accepts the offer, some people decline and withdraw because they have a better one somewhere else. That way the school knows right away that that seat is available.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad