2019-2020 Dartmouth

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all! I still haven't heard anything/am not aware of any wait list movement. I probably won't be checking back on this thread as I'll be committing to another school today and withdrawing from Geisel's wait list. I wanted to let you know there's one less applicant in the pool!

Best of luck to everyone! I hope you all get accepted!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doesn't their waitlist officially end on July 1? So we're pretty much out of luck now right?
I thought that was when accepted people had to CTE?

EDIT: I noticed they have a new green "email admissions" button on the communication status tab. Would it be a good idea to reach out to admissions again at this point? I've sent two letters of interest to their office previously, including back in April when they asked anyone who is committed to the school if taken off the WL to let them know.
 
Last edited:
I only thought July 1st because if you look at the waitlist FAQ where we accepted a position on the waitlist it says, "The earliest you might expect to hear of any movement on the Wait List is mid-May and the latest is July 1." So I thought that meant July 1st we're all released?
 
Anybody get any updates from Admissions? It’s looking like it might be over for us (but then again this cycle has been an emotional roller coaster and anything is possible lol).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you tried reaching out to the admissions office? The FAQs said the latest you’d hear is 7/1..
I have not! I'll suppose I'll shoot them an email once I'm done with work later today. I'm not expecting any big surprise, so I'm fine waiting a bit longer haha!
 
I'm inclined to believe they expect at least a little movement since they've released some and not others from the waitlist?
Hoping so too... and sooner rather than later if the orientation starts at the beginning of next month. FWIW, I messaged admissions through the portal around noontime on Thursday, but have yet to hear back. If anyone hears something, please let me know!
 
Hoping so too... and sooner rather than later if the orientation starts at the beginning of next month. FWIW, I messaged admissions through the portal around noontime on Thursday, but have yet to hear back. If anyone hears something, please let me know!

I reached out to them as well and still haven't received any response. Maybe that means something is happening?? IDK I don't want to get my hopes up too much haha
 
I reached out to them as well and still haven't received any response. Maybe that means something is happening?? IDK I don't want to get my hopes up too much haha
I also reached out on 7/2 and haven’t gotten a response.. don’t want to get my hopes up but there MUST be a reason, right?!
 
I wonder whether, with the confusion over the status of international students, they will have to hold on to the waitlisted applicants until that issue is resolved. If the first year international students are forced to defer for a year because of Trump's new policy, I guess a few spots would open up for waitlisted applicants. (Don't take my guesswork as gospel, though--ask the Office of Admissions!)

update: looking at their web page, it looks like there may be some on-campus classes, so international students may not be affected by the policy the way those at Harvard will be.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really hope they're not just holding onto a few waitlisters until orientation "just in case"
I'm really nervous about this too. Of course I want to go and I will go if accepted, but I have a laboratory-based job I'll have to give notice to and scramble to set up a plan should I depart. That's in addition to considering things like whether I'll need to move, if I'll have a chance to apply for financial aid, etc. I'm doing what I can to prep should I get accepted... but its kind of frustrating to be stuck in the middle.
 
I'm really nervous about this too. Of course I want to go and I will go if accepted, but I have a laboratory-based job I'll have to give notice to and scramble to set up a plan should I depart. That's in addition to considering things like whether I'll need to move, if I'll have a chance to apply for financial aid, etc. I'm doing what I can to prep should I get accepted... but its kind of frustrating to be stuck in the middle.
I'm in almost the exact same boat, it's a real pain :/
 
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, so I apologize in advance. Has anyone with a 124 CARS gotten an interview/acceptance at Dartmouth? My total score is 513. I immigrated when I was 17 so CARS was extremely difficult for me.

Thank you.
 
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, so I apologize in advance. Has anyone with a 124 CARS gotten an interview/acceptance at Dartmouth? My total score is 513. I immigrated when I was 17 so CARS was extremely difficult for me.

Thank you.
I interviewed and was waitlisted with 124 cars. Attending another school