2019-2020 Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got waitlisted after interviewing last month. I’m so crushed I’ve gotten waitlisted everywhere I’ve heard back from and I have no acceptances
+1 :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Just got waitlisted after interviewing last month. I’m so crushed I’ve gotten waitlisted everywhere I’ve heard back from and I have no acceptances

At my interview day they said they really liked LOI after a WL decision. So if you’re serious about the school, you should send one.

Got the A yesterday!! Literally over the moon!!!!

Good luck to everyone waiting-it's all going to work out, hang in there! <3

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
im in the exact same boat...

• Sad
Anyone know of a fb group for accepted students? Hoping to get a jump start on the housing situation!

Anyone else not receive financial aid?

Edit: as in not been notified of a financial aid package. Not get a financial aid package with nothing in it.

Anyone know of a fb group for accepted students? Hoping to get a jump start on the housing situation!

Yes there is one, one of the students involved with admissions should send you an invite a few days after acceptance

Anyone else not receive financial aid?

I haven't gotten anything either
Edit: as in haven't been notified of one

Last edited:
I got my fin aid package!

Reactions: 4 users
I just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to anyone on waitlist that this is your top choice!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I also just withdrew my acceptance from here. Best of luck to all you waitlist folks!

Reactions: 1 users
Super hard decision but just withdrew my acceptanceBest of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your patience over the course of the admissions cycle. As we are beginning to plan for the possibility of waitlist committee meetings, we would like to get a sense of your commitment and likelihood of coming to Geisel should you be offered a spot off our waitlist. We believe that this information will be both helpful and practical in making our decision and will save you unnecessary correspondence.

If you have already reached out recently, thank you and please know your correspondence will be available for review by the waitlist committee should they need to meet to fill any openings in the incoming class.

If you have not reached out but would like to, please email us at [email protected]. We will add any correspondence to your file promptly.

We recognize that you have choices and we want you to know we feel strongly that the candidates on our waitlist are excellent and as likely to succeed and thrive at Geisel as those currently offered admission.

We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe during this COVID 19 pandemic and we look forward to hearing from you.

I also just received an interest email

Also received the interest email. I am definitely still interested, Dartmouth is my second choice out of my waitlist schools (they don't have to know that lol). Do you think they are looking for an intent letter or an update/interest letter?

Also received the interest email. I am definitely still interested, Dartmouth is my second choice out of my waitlist schools (they don't have to know that lol). Do you think they are looking for an intent letter or an update/interest letter?
intent from the sounds of it lol but that fin aid situation tho

IMO anything is good but of course the stronger the intent the better.

Yeah, this is the situation I am in.
Dartmouth traditionally has bad fin aid so I'm probably going to just pull from my spot.

IMO anything is good but of course the stronger the intent the better.

Definitely agree on the financial aid situation, it'd be difficult to make a decision without it (although Dartmouth is not known to be generous, so I'm expecting the worst). I'll send a strong letter of interest + update, and we'll see what happens.

I did send them a letter of interest this weekend and still got this, they may be sending to all on the WL?

I did send them a letter of interest this weekend and still got this, they may be sending to all on the WL?
They likely are. I sent an update + interest back in early March. Probably won't send a new one and just see what happens. I loved Dartmouth + location, but idk if I could accept over my current offers atm. Really liked them though.

Just emailed my love letter to Geisel.......don't break my heart yo

Any current students willing to answer some questions? Great school, wanna ask about how students find balance living somewhere as small as Hanover!

did they say anything interesting or important during second look? like any covid related changes to orientation/start date?

Hi all,
I also would like to ask some questions of a current student or someone who had the chance to interview on campus who may know the answers (I did a zoom interview).

1. What is the typical schedule for the week? How often are small group learning meetings? When do you have unscheduled time to study on your own?

2. What kind of feedback do students receive each week/throughout the block? What does exam week look like? Is there a combination of multiple choice and short essay exams?

3. Is there an advocacy curriculum?

4. How easy is it to coordinate an abroad rotation?

5. Geisel seems like a close knit community. How have you experienced this?

6. Do you feel that there are enough opportunities to get involved in research?

Thanks!

Any current students willing to answer some questions? Great school, wanna ask about how students find balance living somewhere as small as Hanover!

I went for undergrad and loved it (from NYC). I can’t speak to the medical school side of things (yet) other than the outside of the buildings lol, however I can speak to what it’s like to live in Hanover. More than happy to answer any and all questions and if I can’t, I can relay you to a couple students I know who just graduated from Geisel or an M2 :)

I went for undergrad and loved it (from NYC). I can’t speak to the medical school side of things (yet) other than the outside of the buildings lol, however I can speak to what it’s like to live in Hanover. More than happy to answer any and all questions and if I can’t, I can relay you to a couple students I know who just graduated from Geisel or an M2 :)

Hello,
I would appreciate it if you were able to connect me your friends, the M2 or those who have just graduated.

Also, would you mind sharing a bit about what it's like living in Hanover? I love the woods, hiking and snowboarding, but I don't know very much about the town itself.
Thanks!

Absolutely! I'll send you a direct message (I don't wanna crowd the main forum).

Anybody else get confused by the wording in Geisel’s “follow-up” email after virtual second look regarding the “Commit to Enroll” tool?

Geisel said: “If you select Commit to Enroll at Geisel on April 30, this indicates to us that you are withdrawing all acceptances at other schools but you are allowed to remain on Wait Lists.”

I thought that staying on WLs was only the case for “Plan to Enroll”?

According to AMCAS:

• February 19, 2020: Following each medical school’s specific policies and deadlines, applicants that are holding one or more acceptance offers can select “Plan to Enroll” in the AMCAS application.
  • April 30, 2020: Applicants who have been accepted will have two options to select in accordance with each medical school’s specific policies and deadlines: “Plan to Enroll” and “Commit to Enroll”.

I'm assuming this means that the school determines what that means. I was checking and it just depends on the school. Some are quite lax (if you're committing, indicate Plan to enroll by XXX) while others are not at all (if you're committing, indicate Commit to enroll by XXX- you will withdraw all other acceptances and waitlist spots). Geisel seems more lax about their policy.

According to AMCAS:

• February 19, 2020: Following each medical school’s specific policies and deadlines, applicants that are holding one or more acceptance offers can select “Plan to Enroll” in the AMCAS application.
  • April 30, 2020: Applicants who have been accepted will have two options to select in accordance with each medical school’s specific policies and deadlines: “Plan to Enroll” and “Commit to Enroll”.

I'm assuming this means that the school determines what that means. I was checking and it just depends on the school. Some are quite lax (if you're committing, indicate Plan to enroll by XXX) while others are not at all (if you're committing, indicate Commit to enroll by XXX- you will withdraw all other acceptances and waitlist spots). Geisel seems more lax about their policy.

That’s what I was thinking but was still a little unsure about how to proceed with Geisel...I def want to stay on a WL but want to plan on Geisel, and if I don’t get off the WL by May 15 then I’ll fully commit to Geisel.

So do we think Geisel would be okay with me just selecting Plan to Enroll?

Def check the schools that you’re WL’d at bc some schools will automatically withdraw your app if you CTE at another school

Def check the schools that you’re WL’d at bc some schools will automatically withdraw your app if you CTE at another school
Yes, as far as other schools are concerned CTE means you are definitely 100% going to that school, and may withdraw you from WL due to it

According to MSAR on Geisel: “
By July 1, accepted students are required to select “Commit to Enroll."
If “Commit to Enroll” is not selected by this date, the acceptance offer is automatically rescinded, and the application is withdrawn from consideration. Withdrawal from all other waitlists and from any other acceptances is required at this time. Failure to comply will result in the offer of acceptance being rescinded.”

Oh I just realized that this conflicts with what Geisel said about staying on other waitlists with CTE. Because the deadlines don’t overlap, if you’re on another waitlist, it might be best to play it safe and wait till mid-end of May to CTE (if you’re not 100% sold on Geisel rn).

Are we thinking movement this year or nah?

Just withdrew from the WL, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
when you get an email from a med school but it turns out to be from St James lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Absolutely loved Geisel, but not the price :cryi: I hope one of you gets some exciting news soon!!!

Reactions: 9 users