2019-2020 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When can we anticipate decisions from Emory if we interviewed in January?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

When can we anticipate decisions from Emory if we interviewed in January?

The next day for acceptance letters to be mailed is Feb. 17th! Though that's a USPS holiday, so it may delay things a bit. I am crossing my fingers to see some mail from Emory next week!

Reactions: 1 user
Remember tomorrow is a holiday, so no mail even if you got in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the rest of the interview dates are filled up? Are we just looking at cancellations now?

I just got an interview on Friday! Only one option so may have been a cancellation

Reactions: 3 users
during my interview this week they said they're wrapping up interviews in the next 2 weeks (I'm assuming 2/28 is the last one)

Reactions: 2 users
Is there housing provided? And is the airport quite far from the campus?
Airport is decently far, but there is public transit that goes from the airport and close to the school. When I went someone stayed with a student host.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t see a space in the portal? Is this the update box?
Yep, that's all I could find and when you email them they'll say put it there as well. I just emailed them so at least I know somebody saw it.

Probably no acceptances till tomorrow or after since it was a holiday for usps yesterday.

I think I got the A. Emory just popped up on my choose your medical school tool??

Reactions: 1 users
It makes sense and I doubt it is a Mayo Clinic situation! Congrats y’all I’m going to check later when I get home :)

Congrats everyone!!!!

Looks like there’s one more acceptance wave left.... WHAT’S IT GOTTA TAKE TO GET IN, EMORY?! I love you!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Is there any history of people being skipped in the first wave and then accepted in later waves? I.e. should I hold out hope for March 9?

Is there any history of people being skipped in the first wave and then accepted in later waves? I.e. should I hold out hope for March 9?

Looking through the last 2 years worth of threads it does happen but it’s really rare (like one or two people on sdn each year). I’ve kind of moved on since I interviewed back in oct, but I’m definitely planning on writing that waitlist essay that people talked about last year. I absolutely LOVED emory and really would want to go

Looking through the last 2 years worth of threads it does happen but it’s really rare (like one or two people on sdn each year). I’ve kind of moved on since I interviewed back in oct, but I’m definitely planning on writing that waitlist essay that people talked about last year. I absolutely LOVED emory and really would want to go
What waitlist essay?

So if I’m interviewing next week, they’d still accept some people from my group right?

What waitlist essay?

Looking through last years thread, emory asked for an essay on why emory and I want to say it was really long like 1000 words or something crazy. It looked like a lot of people weren’t too happy especially because they don’t pull a lot of people from their waitlist historically. But hey if we have to do it this year I’m 100% willing to write it even if there’s a small chance haha

Man, this sucks. Was excited about my first acceptance, then got the surprise II to Emory and got my hopes up to go there since it was one of my top choices. Now I didn't get the acceptance and it feels like I just wasted a bunch of money to be brutally disappointed. And I'm also less appreciative of that acceptance because Emory is my "what could have been." Anyways, just venting - I know I don't have any right to complain but it still hurts.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Man, this sucks. Was excited about my first acceptance, then got the surprise II to Emory and got my hopes up to go there since it was one of my top choices. Now I didn't get the acceptance and it feels like I just wasted a bunch of money to be brutally disappointed. And I'm also less appreciative of that acceptance because Emory is my "what could have been." Anyways, just venting - I know I don't have any right to complain but it still hurts.
I feel the same exact way. When did you interview at Emory?

I'm sorry, and you pretty accurately described how I feel as well. There's still 1 more day of acceptances, so there's still hope! It's not over until it's over. I'm trying to be as patient as I can with all of this (which admittedly is difficult lol). Wishing the best for you and all other applicants.

I'm sorry, and you pretty accurately described how I feel as well. There's still 1 more day of acceptances, so there's still hope! It's not over until it's over. I'm trying to be as patient as I can with all of this (which admittedly is difficult lol). Wishing the best for you and all other applicants.

I relate to all of this, I Interviewed in October :/

Looking through last years thread, emory asked for an essay on why emory and I want to say it was really long like 1000 words or something crazy. It looked like a lot of people weren’t too happy especially because they don’t pull a lot of people from their waitlist historically. But hey if we have to do it this year I’m 100% willing to write it even if there’s a small chance haha

Yeah I actually ended up writing it last year and am here now so there's hope friends. Emory was the first secondary I returned so my responses got better and better with each successive secondary and the waitlist essay really wasn't tough to write since I had more to draw from. Was waitlisted until the beginning of May then accepted.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Are we supposed to pay a deposit at some point...? I confirmed my seat and sent in CSS/FAFSA but I haven't heard from Emory since the letter came.

Have interviews ended yet? If no, what sort of precedent in previous cycles?

Are we supposed to pay a deposit at some point...? I confirmed my seat and sent in CSS/FAFSA but I haven't heard from Emory since the letter came.
I don't think so. Just gotta sit back and wait until more financial aid info comes out for now.

I don't think so. Just gotta sit back and wait until more financial aid info comes out for now.
Gotcha. Just those intrusive thoughts we all have about an acceptance being rescinded because a deposit email went to the spam folder, or getting a speeding ticket or whatever haha

Current student here. Just to confirm some of the recent questions/responses I see: Yes, tomorrow (2/28) is the last interview day of the cycle. No, no admissions deposit should be required. If there's any other questions, will do my best to answer.

Current student here. Just to confirm some of the recent questions/responses I see: Yes, tomorrow (2/28) is the last interview day of the cycle. No, no admissions deposit should be required. If there's any other questions, will do my best to answer.

Do you happen to know the final decision day for acceptances and the WL/R post interview?

Last edited:
So you happen to know the final decision day for acceptances and the WL/R post interview?

I don't have exact dates, but based on the usual pattern (barring any significant changes this year) I'd expect everyone to be notified two weeks after tomorrow (sometime the week of March 9th). If you're accepted, it should update on the portal. WL notifications will then go out via email to *everyone* who was not accepted, likely the following day. You can either accept your position as an alternate and respond to the essay question, or decline. Hope that helps!

I don't have exact dates, but based on the usual pattern (barring any significant changes this year) I'd expect everyone to be notified two weeks after tomorrow (sometime the week of March 9th). If you're accepted, it should update on the portal. WL notifications will then go out via email to *everyone* who was not accepted, likely the following day. You can either accept your position as an alternate and respond to the essay question, or decline. Hope that helps!

this was super helpful thank you!

Is there coke drinks given out like several years ago?
Do you mean on interview day? Yes, there's a cooler in the Admissions lounge/holding area. It's quite popular amongst the med students haha.