May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you fill out a fafsa and put Emory on it? I’m sure that’s the reason for the email, I just thought it was pretty funny.
I did file my Fafsa but I did not include Emory! Thank you for the clarification, it definitely is funny however. You usually expect financial aid emails from schools you’ve at least received an invite from.

About the Ads
Jul 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Online it says that they interview until February!
Would be interested to hear if anyone knows whether they're expecting to send out any more IIs or if they're all booked for the rest of the month
just got a II today for tomorrow (like 12 hours notice LOL) because I'm in the area!

Jul 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
did you happen to see if any other dates were available?
also it says invitations to interview are extended until the end of february so hypothetically do people think they may interview into march?
they just assigned me with a date in the email because someone else had cancelled last minute

congrats! did you send any updates?
Thank you! And I did not - thought about it but never got around to it haha

Congrats! May I ask for your stats + complete date?
Thanks! Sure - 520, 3.9, complete 8/26

Last edited:
About the Ads
May 11, 2018
Remember tomorrow is a holiday, so no mail even if you got in.

About the Ads
May 11, 2018
Is there housing provided? And is the airport quite far from the campus?
Airport is decently far, but there is public transit that goes from the airport and close to the school. When I went someone stayed with a student host.

May 11, 2018
Probably no acceptances till tomorrow or after since it was a holiday for usps yesterday.

About the Ads

StewartOConnor

Just want choccy milk and chicken tendies
Sep 28, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
It makes sense and I doubt it is a Mayo Clinic situation! Congrats y’all I’m going to check later when I get home :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
May 11, 2018
Is there any history of people being skipped in the first wave and then accepted in later waves? I.e. should I hold out hope for March 9?

premed athlete

2+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there any history of people being skipped in the first wave and then accepted in later waves? I.e. should I hold out hope for March 9?
Looking through the last 2 years worth of threads it does happen but it’s really rare (like one or two people on sdn each year). I’ve kind of moved on since I interviewed back in oct, but I’m definitely planning on writing that waitlist essay that people talked about last year. I absolutely LOVED emory and really would want to go

Reactions: StewartOConnor
Aug 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Looking through the last 2 years worth of threads it does happen but it’s really rare (like one or two people on sdn each year). I’ve kind of moved on since I interviewed back in oct, but I’m definitely planning on writing that waitlist essay that people talked about last year. I absolutely LOVED emory and really would want to go
What waitlist essay?

premed athlete

2+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
What waitlist essay?
Looking through last years thread, emory asked for an essay on why emory and I want to say it was really long like 1000 words or something crazy. It looked like a lot of people weren’t too happy especially because they don’t pull a lot of people from their waitlist historically. But hey if we have to do it this year I’m 100% willing to write it even if there’s a small chance haha

Reactions: emoryundergrad2020
Aug 8, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Man, this sucks. Was excited about my first acceptance, then got the surprise II to Emory and got my hopes up to go there since it was one of my top choices. Now I didn't get the acceptance and it feels like I just wasted a bunch of money to be brutally disappointed. And I'm also less appreciative of that acceptance because Emory is my "what could have been." Anyways, just venting - I know I don't have any right to complain but it still hurts.

Aug 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Man, this sucks. Was excited about my first acceptance, then got the surprise II to Emory and got my hopes up to go there since it was one of my top choices. Now I didn't get the acceptance and it feels like I just wasted a bunch of money to be brutally disappointed. And I'm also less appreciative of that acceptance because Emory is my "what could have been." Anyways, just venting - I know I don't have any right to complain but it still hurts.
I feel the same exact way. When did you interview at Emory?

Dec 29, 2018
I'm sorry, and you pretty accurately described how I feel as well. There's still 1 more day of acceptances, so there's still hope! It's not over until it's over. I'm trying to be as patient as I can with all of this (which admittedly is difficult lol). Wishing the best for you and all other applicants.

About the Ads