You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Emory
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When can we anticipate decisions from Emory if we interviewed in January?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The next day for acceptance letters to be mailed is Feb. 17th! Though that's a USPS holiday, so it may delay things a bit. I am crossing my fingers to see some mail from Emory next week!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will portals update even if no mail?
Seems like in the past it has taken a day or two for the portal status to change after they mail letters
hopefulpremed3211
Full Member
Does anyone know if the rest of the interview dates are filled up? Are we just looking at cancellations now?
malmed1025
Full Member
I just got an interview on Friday! Only one option so may have been a cancellation
hopefulpremed3211
Full Member
Ah gotcha, congrats! Do you remember what was the only date offered?I just got an interview on Friday! Only one option so may have been a cancellation
mcatsucks19
Full Member
during my interview this week they said they're wrapping up interviews in the next 2 weeks (I'm assuming 2/28 is the last one)
malmed1025
Full Member
Ah gotcha, congrats! Do you remember what was the only date offered?
yeah 2/28 is the day they gave me!
Roughcollie44
Full Member
same!
Airport is decently far, but there is public transit that goes from the airport and close to the school. When I went someone stayed with a student host.Is there housing provided? And is the airport quite far from the campus?
hk__123456789
Full Member
Did you send an ITA through email or your portal?just got a II today for tomorrow (like 12 hours notice LOL) because I'm in the area!
I put it in my portal and emailed them.Where do you suggest sending an ITA?
Yep, that's all I could find and when you email them they'll say put it there as well. I just emailed them so at least I know somebody saw it.I don’t see a space in the portal? Is this the update box?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mcatsucks19
Full Member
no I didn't send anything since submitting my secondary (no ITA/update) I just live in the area, they prob know from my address on amcasDid you send an ITA through email or your portal?
ThomasShelby
New Member
I think I got the A. Emory just popped up on my choose your medical school tool??
Same, but I haven’t had anything show up in my USPS informed delivery so I’m not sure!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
It makes sense and I doubt it is a Mayo Clinic situation! Congrats y’all I’m going to check later when I get home 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have portals for accepted students updated?
Yes!! [emoji4]
ThomasShelby
New Member
Yes!! [emoji4]
+1 !!!
Congrats everyone!!!!
Looks like there’s one more acceptance wave left.... WHAT’S IT GOTTA TAKE TO GET IN, EMORY?! I love you!!!! [emoji23]
Looks like there’s one more acceptance wave left.... WHAT’S IT GOTTA TAKE TO GET IN, EMORY?! I love you!!!! [emoji23]
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
I think I got the A. Emory just popped up on my choose your medical school tool??
Same, but I haven’t had anything show up in my USPS informed delivery so I’m not sure!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Yes!! [emoji4]
Congrats to all of you. When did you all interview?+1 !!!
Is there any history of people being skipped in the first wave and then accepted in later waves? I.e. should I hold out hope for March 9?
Looking through the last 2 years worth of threads it does happen but it’s really rare (like one or two people on sdn each year). I’ve kind of moved on since I interviewed back in oct, but I’m definitely planning on writing that waitlist essay that people talked about last year. I absolutely LOVED emory and really would want to go
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
What waitlist essay?Looking through the last 2 years worth of threads it does happen but it’s really rare (like one or two people on sdn each year). I’ve kind of moved on since I interviewed back in oct, but I’m definitely planning on writing that waitlist essay that people talked about last year. I absolutely LOVED emory and really would want to go
malmed1025
Full Member
So if I’m interviewing next week, they’d still accept some people from my group right?
What waitlist essay?
Looking through last years thread, emory asked for an essay on why emory and I want to say it was really long like 1000 words or something crazy. It looked like a lot of people weren’t too happy especially because they don’t pull a lot of people from their waitlist historically. But hey if we have to do it this year I’m 100% willing to write it even if there’s a small chance haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ThomasShelby
New Member
Congrats to all of you. When did you all interview?
Thanks! I interviewed 2/7
Thanks! I interviewed 2/7
Lfg I was also 2/7!
Man, this sucks. Was excited about my first acceptance, then got the surprise II to Emory and got my hopes up to go there since it was one of my top choices. Now I didn't get the acceptance and it feels like I just wasted a bunch of money to be brutally disappointed. And I'm also less appreciative of that acceptance because Emory is my "what could have been." Anyways, just venting - I know I don't have any right to complain but it still hurts.
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
I feel the same exact way. When did you interview at Emory?Man, this sucks. Was excited about my first acceptance, then got the surprise II to Emory and got my hopes up to go there since it was one of my top choices. Now I didn't get the acceptance and it feels like I just wasted a bunch of money to be brutally disappointed. And I'm also less appreciative of that acceptance because Emory is my "what could have been." Anyways, just venting - I know I don't have any right to complain but it still hurts.
I feel the same exact way. When did you interview at Emory?
Sorry, friend! You'll do great things. I interviewed at Emory 1/31
stainless98
New Member
Man, this sucks. Was excited about my first acceptance, then got the surprise II to Emory and got my hopes up to go there since it was one of my top choices. Now I didn't get the acceptance and it feels like I just wasted a bunch of money to be brutally disappointed. And I'm also less appreciative of that acceptance because Emory is my "what could have been." Anyways, just venting - I know I don't have any right to complain but it still hurts.
I'm sorry, and you pretty accurately described how I feel as well. There's still 1 more day of acceptances, so there's still hope! It's not over until it's over. I'm trying to be as patient as I can with all of this (which admittedly is difficult lol). Wishing the best for you and all other applicants.
I'm sorry, and you pretty accurately described how I feel as well. There's still 1 more day of acceptances, so there's still hope! It's not over until it's over. I'm trying to be as patient as I can with all of this (which admittedly is difficult lol). Wishing the best for you and all other applicants.
I relate to all of this, I Interviewed in October :/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking through last years thread, emory asked for an essay on why emory and I want to say it was really long like 1000 words or something crazy. It looked like a lot of people weren’t too happy especially because they don’t pull a lot of people from their waitlist historically. But hey if we have to do it this year I’m 100% willing to write it even if there’s a small chance haha
Yeah I actually ended up writing it last year and am here now so there's hope friends. Emory was the first secondary I returned so my responses got better and better with each successive secondary and the waitlist essay really wasn't tough to write since I had more to draw from. Was waitlisted until the beginning of May then accepted.
turbo_yeet
Full Member
Are we supposed to pay a deposit at some point...? I confirmed my seat and sent in CSS/FAFSA but I haven't heard from Emory since the letter came.
I don't think so. Just gotta sit back and wait until more financial aid info comes out for now.Are we supposed to pay a deposit at some point...? I confirmed my seat and sent in CSS/FAFSA but I haven't heard from Emory since the letter came.
turbo_yeet
Full Member
Gotcha. Just those intrusive thoughts we all have about an acceptance being rescinded because a deposit email went to the spam folder, or getting a speeding ticket or whatever hahaI don't think so. Just gotta sit back and wait until more financial aid info comes out for now.
mcatsucks19
Full Member
pretty sure this is the last week of interviews (mon 2/24 & fri 2/28)Have interviews ended yet? If no, what sort of precedent in previous cycles?
Current student here. Just to confirm some of the recent questions/responses I see: Yes, tomorrow (2/28) is the last interview day of the cycle. No, no admissions deposit should be required. If there's any other questions, will do my best to answer.
Current student here. Just to confirm some of the recent questions/responses I see: Yes, tomorrow (2/28) is the last interview day of the cycle. No, no admissions deposit should be required. If there's any other questions, will do my best to answer.
Do you happen to know the final decision day for acceptances and the WL/R post interview?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have exact dates, but based on the usual pattern (barring any significant changes this year) I'd expect everyone to be notified two weeks after tomorrow (sometime the week of March 9th). If you're accepted, it should update on the portal. WL notifications will then go out via email to *everyone* who was not accepted, likely the following day. You can either accept your position as an alternate and respond to the essay question, or decline. Hope that helps!So you happen to know the final decision day for acceptances and the WL/R post interview?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have exact dates, but based on the usual pattern (barring any significant changes this year) I'd expect everyone to be notified two weeks after tomorrow (sometime the week of March 9th). If you're accepted, it should update on the portal. WL notifications will then go out via email to *everyone* who was not accepted, likely the following day. You can either accept your position as an alternate and respond to the essay question, or decline. Hope that helps!
this was super helpful thank you!
mcatsucks19
Full Member
Do you happen to know the final decision day for acceptances and the WL/R post interview?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They told us that the next & last day that acceptances will be mailed is March 9th
benefit_sf
Full Member
Is there coke drinks given out like several years ago?
Do you mean on interview day? Yes, there's a cooler in the Admissions lounge/holding area. It's quite popular amongst the med students haha.Is there coke drinks given out like several years ago?