2019-2020 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II R just now, complete early July

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R. OOS; complete relatively late (September). Good luck to those of you that interviewed!

Pre II R as well. knew it was coming - complete since August lol good luck everyone :)

Rejected pre-II. LM 69.7, OOS (FL), lots of paid clinical experience not so much volunteer, complete early October. Good luck everyone!

Do we know how the group interview is rated? Do all 3 interviewers give you a score or is each interviewer matched to one of us?
From my interview, it seemed like all 3 interviewers gave us a score because all of them were taking notes when each interviewee answered a question

Members don't see this ad :)
Right that’s true. Do they evaluate our entire files? Since it was closed file initially...
The Dean mentioned they only had our personal statement during the interview, but they evaluated/skimmed our files immediately after the group interviews for any discrepancies. I think they'll dig deeper into our files during their committee meetings while making final decisions!

What is the difference between the Revisited Event (March 19-20) and the Second Look Event (April 24)?

What is the difference between the Revisited Event (March 19-20) and the Second Look Event (April 24)?

I believe that Revisited is specifically through the office of multicultural affairs for URM students, whereas Second Look is open to anyone still making their decision.

Happy March 9th!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone received any good news yet?

Just got an email from Certiphi that “another school” requested my background check but didn’t specify which. Trying not to get my hopes up but I can’t help but think maybe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email from Certiphi that “another school” requested my background check but didn’t specify which. Trying not to get my hopes up but I can’t help but think maybe...

me too :blackeye:

So if we didn’t get that notice, we are more likely R/WL?

That is definitely not necessarily true since we don’t know if that even applies to emory. They didn’t specify at all what school it was for

So if we didn’t get that notice, we are more likely R/WL?
i dont think so! imo it's probably one of my other schools so don't stress :) i'd be surprised if emory already requested background checks so soon even before sending As

Did they announce the 10 finalists for the full ride scholarship?

Did they announce the 10 finalists for the full ride scholarship?
It's hard to say- they said they would start contacting finalists on the 9th, but since it's such a tiny pool, we can't tell whether they've already done it and no one on SDN was chosen, or if they're not done choosing people yet.

Accepted!!! Found out via the portal. Interviewed on the last day - 2/28. Sending all of you good vibes!!

Accepted today! Also learned via portal. I was passed up on the first day of decisions following my interview, so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who checked their online portal and received an acceptance earlier this week, have you received (and/or checked that USPS informed delivery) your acceptance letter in the mail? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Accepted. Found out via the portal on Tuesday, no email. Also checked USPS informed delivery and there is nothing in the mail for me as of yet. I also interviewed on the last day

Accepted. Found out via the portal on Tuesday, no email. Also checked USPS informed delivery and there is nothing in the mail for me as of yet. I also interviewed on the last day
So what you're saying is.... there's hope :laugh: Thanks for that info! I do find it odd that the admissions office repeatedly said applicants would find out about acceptances through the mail first and the portal later... Nevertheless, they have a system so I'll stick to it, no news is good news at this point. And congrats on your acceptance!!!

The yellow sheet from my interview date says

March 9:
Final round of regular acceptance letters mailed
Interviewed applicants will be reviewed for alternate status
consideration of woodruff fellowship finalists begins

BY March 31:
Woodruff Fellows will be selected
Alternates and rejected applicants will be NOTIFIED BY EMAIL
Alternates should complete financial aid notifications ASAP

May-June-July
Alternates selected for acceptance will be NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE

For anyone who checked their online portal and received an acceptance earlier this week, have you received (and/or checked that USPS informed delivery) your acceptance letter in the mail? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
accepted through portal but haven't received anything in mail yet

Just got an email from Emory about applying for financial aid. I know it's a super longshot at this point, but does anyone know what this means? Pretty sure everyone they planned on accepting has been notified already, but maybe this is a sign of a future waitlisting... idk maybe they just send this to everyone

Just got an email from Emory about applying for financial aid. I know it's a super longshot at this point, but does anyone know what this means? Pretty sure everyone they planned on accepting has been notified already, but maybe this is a sign of a future waitlisting... idk maybe they just send this to everyone

If you added Emory to your FAFSA then you’ll probably get this email if not once, multiple times.