StewartOConnor

Just want choccy milk and chicken tendies
Sep 28, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I'm sorry, and you pretty accurately described how I feel as well. There's still 1 more day of acceptances, so there's still hope! It's not over until it's over. I'm trying to be as patient as I can with all of this (which admittedly is difficult lol). Wishing the best for you and all other applicants.
I relate to all of this, I Interviewed in October :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 10, 2018
Looking through last years thread, emory asked for an essay on why emory and I want to say it was really long like 1000 words or something crazy. It looked like a lot of people weren’t too happy especially because they don’t pull a lot of people from their waitlist historically. But hey if we have to do it this year I’m 100% willing to write it even if there’s a small chance haha

Yeah I actually ended up writing it last year and am here now so there's hope friends. Emory was the first secondary I returned so my responses got better and better with each successive secondary and the waitlist essay really wasn't tough to write since I had more to draw from. Was waitlisted until the beginning of May then accepted.

Oct 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Are we supposed to pay a deposit at some point...? I confirmed my seat and sent in CSS/FAFSA but I haven't heard from Emory since the letter came.

About the Ads
Jan 27, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Have interviews ended yet? If no, what sort of precedent in previous cycles?

Jun 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Are we supposed to pay a deposit at some point...? I confirmed my seat and sent in CSS/FAFSA but I haven't heard from Emory since the letter came.
I don't think so. Just gotta sit back and wait until more financial aid info comes out for now.

Oct 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't think so. Just gotta sit back and wait until more financial aid info comes out for now.
Gotcha. Just those intrusive thoughts we all have about an acceptance being rescinded because a deposit email went to the spam folder, or getting a speeding ticket or whatever haha

Feb 27, 2020
Status
Medical Student
Current student here. Just to confirm some of the recent questions/responses I see: Yes, tomorrow (2/28) is the last interview day of the cycle. No, no admissions deposit should be required. If there's any other questions, will do my best to answer.

StewartOConnor

Sep 28, 2019
Status
Current student here. Just to confirm some of the recent questions/responses I see: Yes, tomorrow (2/28) is the last interview day of the cycle. No, no admissions deposit should be required. If there's any other questions, will do my best to answer.
Do you happen to know the final decision day for acceptances and the WL/R post interview?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020
Status
Medical Student
So you happen to know the final decision day for acceptances and the WL/R post interview?

I don't have exact dates, but based on the usual pattern (barring any significant changes this year) I'd expect everyone to be notified two weeks after tomorrow (sometime the week of March 9th). If you're accepted, it should update on the portal. WL notifications will then go out via email to *everyone* who was not accepted, likely the following day. You can either accept your position as an alternate and respond to the essay question, or decline. Hope that helps!

StewartOConnor

Sep 28, 2019
Status
I don't have exact dates, but based on the usual pattern (barring any significant changes this year) I'd expect everyone to be notified two weeks after tomorrow (sometime the week of March 9th). If you're accepted, it should update on the portal. WL notifications will then go out via email to *everyone* who was not accepted, likely the following day. You can either accept your position as an alternate and respond to the essay question, or decline. Hope that helps!
this was super helpful thank you!

Reactions: ATLiens404
About the Ads
About the Ads
Apr 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Rejected pre-II. LM 69.7, OOS (FL), lots of paid clinical experience not so much volunteer, complete early October. Good luck everyone!

Nov 12, 2018
Do we know how the group interview is rated? Do all 3 interviewers give you a score or is each interviewer matched to one of us?
From my interview, it seemed like all 3 interviewers gave us a score because all of them were taking notes when each interviewee answered a question

Nov 12, 2018
Right that’s true. Do they evaluate our entire files? Since it was closed file initially...
The Dean mentioned they only had our personal statement during the interview, but they evaluated/skimmed our files immediately after the group interviews for any discrepancies. I think they'll dig deeper into our files during their committee meetings while making final decisions!

Jan 3, 2019
What is the difference between the Revisited Event (March 19-20) and the Second Look Event (April 24)?

Aug 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
What is the difference between the Revisited Event (March 19-20) and the Second Look Event (April 24)?
I believe that Revisited is specifically through the office of multicultural affairs for URM students, whereas Second Look is open to anyone still making their decision.

Reactions: premed athlete
About the Ads
Jun 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone received any good news yet?

StewartOConnor

Sep 28, 2019
Status
Just got an email from Certiphi that “another school” requested my background check but didn’t specify which. Trying not to get my hopes up but I can’t help but think maybe...

• Wow
Reactions: dwu12 and Marr97

StewartOConnor

Sep 28, 2019
Status
So if we didn’t get that notice, we are more likely R/WL?
That is definitely not necessarily true since we don’t know if that even applies to emory. They didn’t specify at all what school it was for

Reactions: dwu12
Jul 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
So if we didn’t get that notice, we are more likely R/WL?
i dont think so! imo it's probably one of my other schools so don't stress :) i'd be surprised if emory already requested background checks so soon even before sending As

Reactions: StewartOConnor
Jun 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Did they announce the 10 finalists for the full ride scholarship?
It's hard to say- they said they would start contacting finalists on the 9th, but since it's such a tiny pool, we can't tell whether they've already done it and no one on SDN was chosen, or if they're not done choosing people yet.

Reactions: alh123456
About the Ads