About the Ads
Nov 12, 2018
For anyone who checked their online portal and received an acceptance earlier this week, have you received (and/or checked that USPS informed delivery) your acceptance letter in the mail? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: dwu12
Nov 12, 2018
Accepted. Found out via the portal on Tuesday, no email. Also checked USPS informed delivery and there is nothing in the mail for me as of yet. I also interviewed on the last day
So what you're saying is.... there's hope :laugh: Thanks for that info! I do find it odd that the admissions office repeatedly said applicants would find out about acceptances through the mail first and the portal later... Nevertheless, they have a system so I'll stick to it, no news is good news at this point. And congrats on your acceptance!!!

Reactions: bakarian7
Nov 12, 2018
When do we find out whether we've been waitlisted? Also haven't seen any portal changes or any new mail.
I don't think anyone knows for sure, but if I had to guess, I'd say by the end of the week

May 10, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
The yellow sheet from my interview date says

March 9:
Final round of regular acceptance letters mailed
Interviewed applicants will be reviewed for alternate status
consideration of woodruff fellowship finalists begins

BY March 31:
Woodruff Fellows will be selected
Alternates and rejected applicants will be NOTIFIED BY EMAIL
Alternates should complete financial aid notifications ASAP

May-June-July
Alternates selected for acceptance will be NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE

Jul 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For anyone who checked their online portal and received an acceptance earlier this week, have you received (and/or checked that USPS informed delivery) your acceptance letter in the mail? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
accepted through portal but haven't received anything in mail yet

Reactions: cringleFCB17

CDB123

2+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got an email from Emory about applying for financial aid. I know it's a super longshot at this point, but does anyone know what this means? Pretty sure everyone they planned on accepting has been notified already, but maybe this is a sign of a future waitlisting... idk maybe they just send this to everyone

About the Ads

thelemonlaw

2+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got an email from Emory about applying for financial aid. I know it's a super longshot at this point, but does anyone know what this means? Pretty sure everyone they planned on accepting has been notified already, but maybe this is a sign of a future waitlisting... idk maybe they just send this to everyone
If you added Emory to your FAFSA then you’ll probably get this email if not once, multiple times.

Nov 12, 2018
Alternate status as well, I also interviewed the last day, 2/28

May 11, 2018
Just got the alternate email. Thought we were going to get a phone call but I imagine this is because of the COVID-19 outbreak. On the bright side, we'll have time to write.

Nov 12, 2018
Just got the alternate email. Thought we were going to get a phone call but I imagine this is because of the COVID-19 outbreak. On the bright side, we'll have time to write.
I think you'll get a phone call from them only if you are pulled off the alternate list for an acceptance!

Reactions: mcatsucks19
Aug 31, 2018
Got the alternate email, interviewed 9/20 :/

Bigmedicineguy

Applying 2019-2020 Cycle
Nov 4, 2018
Alternate email! Anyone know the general chances of acceptance or how many people end up get taken off the alternate list? Would love to know if I can get my hopes up a little.

Reactions: politimed
Oct 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Alternate email! Anyone know the general chances of acceptance or how many people end up get taken off the alternate list? Would love to know if I can get my hopes up a little.
Wondering the same thing...did anyone get flat out rejected post-interview or does everyone who interviews and isn’t accepted initially get put on alternate list?

About the Ads

premed athlete

2+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Wondering the same thing...did anyone get flat out rejected post-interview or does everyone who interviews and isn’t accepted initially get put on alternate list?
Pretty sure it goes to everyone unfortunately :( at least that’s what it was from the sdn thread last year.

• Dislike
Reactions: politimed

thelemonlaw

2+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Alternate list! Interviewed in January.

I wonder if an applicant is less likely to get pulled off the waitlist if they check "need-based aid and student loans" versus the other two options.
Emory would be pulling money out of their pocket for said individual to matriculate (if qualified for need-based aid) instead of another applicant using only loans or none at all.

Being curious/neurotic since I am going to be honest with my financial aid answer regardless- Thoughts?

Last edited:

StewartOConnor

Just want choccy milk and chicken tendies
Sep 28, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Alternate list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 27, 2020
Status
Medical Student
Yes, Emory doesn't really "reject" anyone who has interviewed, it's the alternate list. People are indeed pulled off the list, I don't believe it's too many, but I have at least one friend who was an alternate in my class.

Reactions: StewartOConnor

itsnotreal

2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Alternate. II 1/27. The space for the essay is 1000 words max. Do y'all think it's necessary to take up the whole space or just enough to answer the question? I always feel iffy about these things because you don't want them to be like "bruh wtf" and sigh when they have to read the whole thing but you also don't wanna leave things TOO small...

kellyk12

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Does Emory match scholarships or is it woodruff or bust

Sep 10, 2018
Alternate. II 1/27. The space for the essay is 1000 words max. Do y'all think it's necessary to take up the whole space or just enough to answer the question? I always feel iffy about these things because you don't want them to be like "bruh wtf" and sigh when they have to read the whole thing but you also don't wanna leave things TOO small...

Mine was 850 ish words mostly made up of secondary responses I wrote after I completed the Emory secondary.

Oct 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
has anyone been notified about receiving the Woodruff scholarship?
According to my notes from interview day, decisions should come out today! The factsheet says they will notify winners, alternates, and rejections but I'm not sure if that only applies to the shortlisted candidates or if they will send us all a note to confirm

kellyk12

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Did anyone hear ?

About the Ads