You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Emory
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Alternate Status just now, interviewed 11/18
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate status as well, I also interviewed the last day, 2/28
I think you'll get a phone call from them only if you are pulled off the alternate list for an acceptance!Just got the alternate email. Thought we were going to get a phone call but I imagine this is because of the COVID-19 outbreak. On the bright side, we'll have time to write.
goblinxoxo
Full Member
Got the alternate email, interviewed 9/20 :/
Bigmedicineguy
Applying 2019-2020 Cycle
Alternate email! Anyone know the general chances of acceptance or how many people end up get taken off the alternate list? Would love to know if I can get my hopes up a little.
D
deleted1012581
Alternate email! Anyone know the general chances of acceptance or how many people end up get taken off the alternate list? Would love to know if I can get my hopes up a little.
Wondering the same thing...did anyone get flat out rejected post-interview or does everyone who interviews and isn’t accepted initially get put on alternate list?
Wondering the same thing...did anyone get flat out rejected post-interview or does everyone who interviews and isn’t accepted initially get put on alternate list?
Pretty sure it goes to everyone unfortunately 🙁 at least that’s what it was from the sdn thread last year.
Alternate list! Interviewed in January.
I wonder if an applicant is less likely to get pulled off the waitlist if they check "need-based aid and student loans" versus the other two options.
Emory would be pulling money out of their pocket for said individual to matriculate (if qualified for need-based aid) instead of another applicant using only loans or none at all.
Being curious/neurotic since I am going to be honest with my financial aid answer regardless- Thoughts?
I wonder if an applicant is less likely to get pulled off the waitlist if they check "need-based aid and student loans" versus the other two options.
Emory would be pulling money out of their pocket for said individual to matriculate (if qualified for need-based aid) instead of another applicant using only loans or none at all.
Being curious/neurotic since I am going to be honest with my financial aid answer regardless- Thoughts?
Last edited:
Alternate list - interviewed 1/10
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alternate list
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, Emory doesn't really "reject" anyone who has interviewed, it's the alternate list. People are indeed pulled off the list, I don't believe it's too many, but I have at least one friend who was an alternate in my class.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate. II 1/27. The space for the essay is 1000 words max. Do y'all think it's necessary to take up the whole space or just enough to answer the question? I always feel iffy about these things because you don't want them to be like "bruh wtf" and sigh when they have to read the whole thing but you also don't wanna leave things TOO small...
Pretty sure they don't match, as Woodruff is their only merit scholarship.Does Emory match scholarships or is it woodruff or bust
Alternate. II 1/27. The space for the essay is 1000 words max. Do y'all think it's necessary to take up the whole space or just enough to answer the question? I always feel iffy about these things because you don't want them to be like "bruh wtf" and sigh when they have to read the whole thing but you also don't wanna leave things TOO small...
Mine was 850 ish words mostly made up of secondary responses I wrote after I completed the Emory secondary.
premedjulia
New Member
has anyone been notified about receiving the Woodruff scholarship?
+1 I’d like to second the above question 🙂
has anyone been notified about receiving the Woodruff scholarship?
According to my notes from interview day, decisions should come out today! The factsheet says they will notify winners, alternates, and rejections but I'm not sure if that only applies to the shortlisted candidates or if they will send us all a note to confirm
thereishope95
Full Member
Got it two days ago.has anyone received a financial aid decision?
Did anyone hear ?
According to the admissions office, the Woodruff scholarship recipients have already been selected. Congrats to all the recipients!
has anyone else not received a financial aid decision?
Still waiting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
heybulldog93
New Member
Did they email you or update the OPUS portal?my financial aid was updated so it might be for everyone else too!
Kinda pissing me off. Not gonna lie.Looks like they delayed it again.
>”We now expect that incoming students who completed their financial aid application by April 1 will receive their award notification via email no later than April 20.”
It's the only school I am waiting for.
stressed0-0
Full Member
Just got my FA email.
Just to confirm, the only grant opportunities at Emory are Woodruff recipients (who have already been selected) and financial aid awards?
Just to confirm, the only grant opportunities at Emory are Woodruff recipients (who have already been selected) and financial aid awards?
From fin aid or office of diversity ?Just got my FA email.
Just to confirm, the only grant opportunities at Emory are Woodruff recipients (who have already been selected) and financial aid awards?
stressed0-0
Full Member
From fin aid or office of diversity ?
The email I received was from the Office of Financial Aid
stressed0-0
Full Member
I am hearing rumors that besides Woodruff the rest of the aid for most people was not as great. Is this true for you all?
Emory from past years had pretty decent aid even if you weren't a Woodruff.
true for me :/ think I'll have to withdraw
Still haven't gotten my financial aid yet
Holy smokes. I was able to access mine thru OPUS a few days ago but didn't get an email. Have you checked the site? Crazy if they still haven't sent awards a week before the deadline to commit
Though, seemingly in line with what others have said, my aid offer at Emory was *much* smaller than at other schools...
Emory severely dropped the ball on financial aid. I lost trust in this institution.Still haven't gotten my financial aid yet
Emory severely dropped the ball on financial aid. I lost trust in this institution.
How so, if you don’t mind me asking?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They delayed aid release two times. People still haven't received their aid and the aid they gave this year was pitiful if you weren't a Woodruff scholar recipient.How so, if you don’t mind me asking?
Am I missing something? Is there an insider here? Or are they publishing this on Twitter or some other social media account? (Michigan does this)
@SleazySalesMed Can you pm me? Wanted to talk to you. I'm ex-industry too. Wanted to get feedback from you but your PM is turned off.
(Not Emory related everyone)
premedjulia
New Member
Aid was really good for me (not Woodruff). Just came at a time that was too late to sway my decision due to the delays in financial aid release (already have a lease for an apartment at a different school). Also only could see mine on OPUS and had to call/email the aid office multiple times to get details