2019-2020 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we write a letter of intent, should we write it to Dean DiPaola? Or Associate Dean for Admissions Dr. Jackson?

Members don't see this ad.

Do they accept letters of intent? And who would we email them to, the [email protected]? Or to one of deans as the person above me suggested?
When I asked them, I was told:
"All updates are sent to our office at [email protected]. We upload those to your application and the Alternate Sub-committee views all updates that are sent."
Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in January and got waitlisted/deferred. I called and asked if the committee was still meeting (with all this COVID stuff) and they said they are meeting via email and zoom. I have not heard of anyone being pulled from the waitlist. Has anyone else? They made it seem like there would be a lot of movement off the waitlist but no one has been posting on here...

I interviewed in January and got waitlisted/deferred. I called and asked if the committee was still meeting (with all this COVID stuff) and they said they are meeting via email and zoom. I have not heard of anyone being pulled from the waitlist. Has anyone else? They made it seem like there would be a lot of movement off the waitlist but no one has been posting on here...
I was waitlisted way back in October. I haven’t heard anything from them since. I also haven’t heard of any movement, but this thread has been extremely quiet so I don’t know if there has been much overall.

I was waitlisted way back in October. I haven’t heard anything from them since. I also haven’t heard of any movement, but this thread has been extremely quiet so I don’t know if there has been much overall.
From what I've heard the first round of people getting off the WL will be May 1st. It was the same last year.

Reactions: 1 users
I doubt there's going to be any wait list movement until after the April 30th deadline. Most schools wait until then to start making alternate offers

Has anyone found the match list for 2020? I know ULSOM posted theirs but was curious about UKCOM as well.

Has anyone found the match list for 2020? I know ULSOM posted theirs but was curious about UKCOM as well.
Not that I know of but on the UKCOM Facebook page they posted a lot of pics of matches! It's enough to get a good idea

I know this page hasn’t been very active, but if you or someone you know got pulled off the waitlist please announce which campus you’ll be attending and if you’re IS or OOS. Best of luck to everyone. We got this!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything today?

Me here wondering if all the WL accepted ones just aren’t in this thread at all..... or UKCOM just hasn’t send out anything yet?

Reactions: 3 users
Me here wondering if all the WL accepted ones just aren’t in this thread at all..... or UKCOM just hasn’t send out anything yet?

Maybe I’m grasping a straws, but the UKCOM 2024 Facebook page only has 79 members with 1 added within the last week. If I was accepted off the waitlist, I would join that page almost instantly lol.

In contrast, the ULSOM 2024 Facebook page has 104 members with 19 added in the last week.

Take that for what you will.

Reactions: 6 users
Maybe I’m grasping a straws, but the UKCOM 2024 Facebook page only has 79 members with 1 added within the last week. If I was accepted off the waitlist, I would join that page almost instantly lol.

In contrast, the ULSOM 2024 Facebook page has 104 members with 19 added in the last week.

Take that for what you will.
I also think that the committee meets on Thursdays at UK so maybe they just haven’t met yet!

Reactions: 7 users
I also think that the committee meets on Thursdays at UK so maybe they just haven’t met yet!

That’s good to know! With the waitlist being “unranked”, I think that it probably necessitates them meeting to discuss applicants periodically before sending out new acceptances. So maybe there will be movement later this week!

I just saw this on the admission page under the question "I am in the Alternate Pool, when will I find out if I have been accepted?"

"As seats become available, the Alternate Pool Subcommittee will convene and review applicant files making selections to fill the vacancies.

In compliance with the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool recommendations our deadline for Commit to Enroll is three weeks prior to matriculation (July 6, 2020). This allows offers to be made to applicants in our Alternate Pool as late as July 7, 2020."

So it seems they will meet again to discuss applicants for the open position.

Link: Applying to Medical School | Medical Student Education

My friend (IS) informed me he got in two or three days ago. Just an FYI.

Here is to hoping the committee is meeting today!!!

Reactions: 10 users
^^I had a feelinng!!! Blessed to announce I got called up from the waitlist for Northern!!! OOS

Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone heard from the Lexington campus?

Same here! Hopefully we will hear some good news soon!

I hope so too! There’s about 20 people on this thread and in person that I know of that are waitlisted. So about 6-8 people should get off the waitlist from this group if we’re truly a random sample and they take 1/3 from the waitlist in general. I’m sure there’s more movement to come!

Well it is 5PM. I guess we can resume our worrying on Monday. :p

i withdrew my A from lexington campus. good luck to you all! IS applicant

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard anything about Lexington waitlist movement?

Hate to keep asking the same question but has anyone heard anything?

Nope. Although I did get a call from a Lexington number this morning....turned out to be the vet asking if my dog was ok and not the admissions committee. :blackeye:

Emailed admissions and they said there has been very little movement in the alternate pool, but the Facebook group for the incoming class has less than 100 people so it seems like movement should be happening?

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know if anybody has been accepted off the waitlist at UK Lexington?

I just received an email stating the class is still oversubscribed.

Reactions: 7 users
At the interview, Dr. Jackson said something about accepted applicants holding a spot until "3 weeks prior to matriculation". Can someone explain that? I thought that the deadline was April 30th and therefore, they'd have spots open at the beginning of May??

THX :)