-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Kentucky
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do they accept letters of intent? And who would we email them to, the [email protected]? Or to one of deans as the person above me suggested?
bowenaswims
Bobasaur
When I asked them, I was told:Do they accept letters of intent? And who would we email them to, the [email protected]? Or to one of deans as the person above me suggested?
"All updates are sent to our office at [email protected]. We upload those to your application and the Alternate Sub-committee views all updates that are sent."
Hope this helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Potter2008
Full Member
I interviewed in January and got waitlisted/deferred. I called and asked if the committee was still meeting (with all this COVID stuff) and they said they are meeting via email and zoom. I have not heard of anyone being pulled from the waitlist. Has anyone else? They made it seem like there would be a lot of movement off the waitlist but no one has been posting on here...
WannaBeDoc973
Full Member
I was waitlisted way back in October. I haven’t heard anything from them since. I also haven’t heard of any movement, but this thread has been extremely quiet so I don’t know if there has been much overall.I interviewed in January and got waitlisted/deferred. I called and asked if the committee was still meeting (with all this COVID stuff) and they said they are meeting via email and zoom. I have not heard of anyone being pulled from the waitlist. Has anyone else? They made it seem like there would be a lot of movement off the waitlist but no one has been posting on here...
From what I've heard the first round of people getting off the WL will be May 1st. It was the same last year.I was waitlisted way back in October. I haven’t heard anything from them since. I also haven’t heard of any movement, but this thread has been extremely quiet so I don’t know if there has been much overall.
bowenaswims
Bobasaur
I doubt there's going to be any wait list movement until after the April 30th deadline. Most schools wait until then to start making alternate offersI interviewed in January and got waitlisted/deferred. I called and asked if the committee was still meeting (with all this COVID stuff) and they said they are meeting via email and zoom. I have not heard of anyone being pulled from the waitlist. Has anyone else? They made it seem like there would be a lot of movement off the waitlist but no one has been posting on here...
D
deleted1010286
.
Last edited by a moderator:
futureMD2914
New Member
Anyone else constantly refreshing this page??
futureMD2914
New Member
Not that I know of but on the UKCOM Facebook page they posted a lot of pics of matches! It's enough to get a good ideaHas anyone found the match list for 2020? I know ULSOM posted theirs but was curious about UKCOM as well.
stuDYING1234
Full Member
I know this page hasn’t been very active, but if you or someone you know got pulled off the waitlist please announce which campus you’ll be attending and if you’re IS or OOS. Best of luck to everyone. We got this!
I haven'tHas anyone heard anything today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Potter2008
Full Member
I haven't
Haven't heard anything back yet besides the email that said to confirm you wanted to remain on the waitlist a few weeks ago :[]
hufflepuffJS
New Member
Me here wondering if all the WL accepted ones just aren’t in this thread at all..... or UKCOM just hasn’t send out anything yet?
Me here wondering if all the WL accepted ones just aren’t in this thread at all..... or UKCOM just hasn’t send out anything yet?
Maybe I’m grasping a straws, but the UKCOM 2024 Facebook page only has 79 members with 1 added within the last week. If I was accepted off the waitlist, I would join that page almost instantly lol.
In contrast, the ULSOM 2024 Facebook page has 104 members with 19 added in the last week.
Take that for what you will.
I also think that the committee meets on Thursdays at UK so maybe they just haven’t met yet!Maybe I’m grasping a straws, but the UKCOM 2024 Facebook page only has 79 members with 1 added within the last week. If I was accepted off the waitlist, I would join that page almost instantly lol.
In contrast, the ULSOM 2024 Facebook page has 104 members with 19 added in the last week.
Take that for what you will.
I also think that the committee meets on Thursdays at UK so maybe they just haven’t met yet!
That’s good to know! With the waitlist being “unranked”, I think that it probably necessitates them meeting to discuss applicants periodically before sending out new acceptances. So maybe there will be movement later this week!
I just saw this on the admission page under the question "I am in the Alternate Pool, when will I find out if I have been accepted?"
"As seats become available, the Alternate Pool Subcommittee will convene and review applicant files making selections to fill the vacancies.
In compliance with the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool recommendations our deadline for Commit to Enroll is three weeks prior to matriculation (July 6, 2020). This allows offers to be made to applicants in our Alternate Pool as late as July 7, 2020."
So it seems they will meet again to discuss applicants for the open position.
Link: Applying to Medical School | Medical Student Education
"As seats become available, the Alternate Pool Subcommittee will convene and review applicant files making selections to fill the vacancies.
In compliance with the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool recommendations our deadline for Commit to Enroll is three weeks prior to matriculation (July 6, 2020). This allows offers to be made to applicants in our Alternate Pool as late as July 7, 2020."
So it seems they will meet again to discuss applicants for the open position.
Link: Applying to Medical School | Medical Student Education
My friend (IS) informed me he got in two or three days ago. Just an FYI.
hufflepuffJS
New Member
Did he get a call or email? I heard another school sent out their acceptances on Sunday, wondering if UK also pick Sunday or Saturday too.My friend (IS) informed me he got in two or three days ago. Just an FYI.
stuDYING1234
Full Member
Which campus?My friend (IS) informed me he got in two or three days ago. Just an FYI.
Has anyone heard from the Lexington campus?
Has anyone heard from the Lexington campus?
I’m waitlisted at the Lexington campus and it’s just been crickets so far
Has anyone heard from the Lexington campus?
I have not heard anything from Lexington campus. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here! Hopefully we will hear some good news soon!I’m waitlisted at the Lexington campus and it’s just been crickets so far
Same here! Hopefully we will hear some good news soon!
I hope so too! There’s about 20 people on this thread and in person that I know of that are waitlisted. So about 6-8 people should get off the waitlist from this group if we’re truly a random sample and they take 1/3 from the waitlist in general. I’m sure there’s more movement to come!
thatmanzuko
Full Member
i withdrew my A from lexington campus. good luck to you all! IS applicant
stuDYING1234
Full Member
Anyone know what we should do if we want to send an updated transcript?
I’m not sure but I think I’m going to email mine!Anyone know what we should do if we want to send an updated transcript?
Has anyone heard anything about Lexington waitlist movement?
Has anyone heard anything about Lexington waitlist movement?
Nothing yet on my end.
Potter2008
Full Member
NadaHas anyone heard anything about Lexington waitlist movement?
futureMD2914
New Member
Hate to keep asking the same question but has anyone heard anything?
unfortunately not 🙁Hate to keep asking the same question but has anyone heard anything?
Hate to keep asking the same question but has anyone heard anything?
Nope. Although I did get a call from a Lexington number this morning....turned out to be the vet asking if my dog was ok and not the admissions committee.
Does anyone know if anybody has been accepted off the waitlist at UK Lexington?
MedSchoolHopeful1515
New Member
I haven't heard anything yetDoes anyone know if anybody has been accepted off the waitlist at UK Lexington?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
katee-96
New Member
ditto :////I haven't heard anything yet
I just received an email stating the class is still oversubscribed.
Same here
Has anyone heard anything about the Lexington campus?