2019-2020 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is there any chance of getting an interview here this late in the game? (in-state)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where I can find UMB's residency match list? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Does anyone know when financial aid comes out? And if there's anything else to do for OOSers besides FAFSA?

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 1/29. I have a couple national conferences I am presenting research at and the Chief Medical Officer for my research would write a strong letter for me if they would be open to an additional letter of rec. I have also considered a letter of intent at this point.

Does anyone know how the WL process works? They said they would send a letter in early May with more information about the WL process. That's a long time to hear about the process.
Did they use the word waitlist, or did they say you were on hold? What is the difference?

Did they use the word waitlist, or did they say you were on hold? What is the difference?
Yes they used the word waitlist. They said two times in the email that the application was still under active consideration. My understanding is that holds take place pre-interview and waitlist is what can happen post-interview, but maybe different schools just use different language.

Waitlisted today, interviewed 2/5. Seems like everyone who interviewed in Feb was waitlisted so if you're reading this next year, bear that in mind! I'm going to withdraw now, but good luck to the rest of you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got waitlisted! I will probably withdraw my app. I interviewed 2/12

I also interviewed 2/3 and haven't heard anything back. Was expecting to hear something today...

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to share with you all that there is still hope for February interviewees! I interviewed on 2/10 and found out on Tuesday that I have been accepted!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Just wanted to share with you all that there is still hope for February interviewees! I interviewed on 2/10 and found out on Tuesday that I have been accepted!!!

ahh congrats that’s my interview day! Hoping for the same luck

Im sure they give a few full rides. I got 100k but Im not sure how they determine amounts.
Do you know what the highest amount of merit aid is? I mean I don’t know if they disclose that sort of info but curious if anyone has an idea. I’m trying to determine whether their offer to me would essentially cover the entire cost or for that to happen the letter would clearly indicate “full ride” lol wanna make financially smart decision here

Instate is about 40k/yr or 160k total. Out of state is about 70k/yr and about 280k total. I do remember they said everyoke gets the school grant the first year... up to 9k. I dont know how their financial aid is though

Instate is about 40k/yr or 160k total. Out of state is about 70k/yr and about 280k total. I do remember they said everyoke gets the school grant the first year... up to 9k. I dont know how their financial aid is though
Can you get the 9k in addition to merit aid?

Im sure they give a few full rides. I got 100k but Im not sure how they determine amounts.
Did they already inform you of your financial aid package? If so how long after getting the A was it??

How is waitlist movement here? I am reevaluating all of the WL's i have now and I am OOS here so curious what kind of odds there are at all

Could you elaborate on the school grant if possible?

Congratulations! Are you IS? Were you put on hold before your II? Would you be able to share with us what you think got you in?

Any MSTPs waiting to hear back after being put on hold?

Me too!!! OOS, interviewed 2/10 and got the A 2/19! So excited!

Reactions: 2 users
idk if this helps anyone but for those curious about time after acceptance for merit scholarships - I got accepted on 10/15/19 and received a scholarship letter in the mail on 2/25/20! So don't lose hope if it's been a while since your acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
idk if this helps anyone but for those curious about time after acceptance for merit scholarships - I got accepted on 10/15/19 and received a scholarship letter in the mail on 2/25/20! So don't lose hope if it's been a while since your acceptance!
Do you think they'll send all scholarships out before the PTE deadline though :cyclops:

Do you think they'll send all scholarships out before the PTE deadline though :cyclops:

No. They probably have a certain # to give out and will award those relatively quickly, probs by the deadline. But once students with scholarships withdraw, they will need to reallocate and that will be whenever those specific students chose to withdraw.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed on 2/12 and just got the waitlist. IS, clear first choice, absolutely devastated.

Also waitlisted from 2/12! Going to withdraw! Best of luck everyone

Waitlisted. IS. Interviewed 2/19. Absolutely devastated. No A's yet

anyone have a new tab on their portal that has says interview with a lock next to it? Wondering what this means

anyone have a new tab on their portal that has says interview with a lock next to it? Wondering what this means
Yeah! This happened to me last week. I am wondering if they are looking at the applications that were placed on hold earlier in the cycle.

Yeah! This happened to me last week. I am wondering if they are looking at the applications that were placed on hold earlier in the cycle.

tbh I don’t think it means anything at all. My app had a lock until I got my II, then it turned to a calendar.

I am! Interviewed in January and got put on hold mid Feb. Still haven't heard anything new..

Same here! Interviewed in Nov and sent a letter of intent + multiple updates. Got a response a few weeks back saying that they're in the process of making their final admissions decisions in the next few weeks but still haven't heard anything.

For those of you who have received scholarship offers: was it after submitting a scholarship application, or did you receive them independently?