2020-2021 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Was anyone actually accepted off the waitlist last year? I know historically they accept around 20, but last year their class was already oversubscribed when they released waitlist info, and no one posted on SDN about getting accepted off of the waitlist.

Also, does anyone know how long their Facebook page has had 265 members? Makes me nervous their class may be already oversubscribed...
I think there has been some waitlist movement as there have been a few new people who have joined the groupme. The FB group with 265 members consists of current medical students as well from all 4 years, but I think our class size for 2025 is currently around 140.

I think there has been some waitlist movement as there have been a few new people who have joined the groupme. The FB group with 265 members consists of current medical students as well from all 4 years, but I think our class size for 2025 is currently around 140.
Oh okay that makes sense! Is 140 the number of people in the groupme?

Would sending another update letter help at this point in time?

just got an email that waitlist movement is basically not happening.

lower 1/2 ranked was told that they should start making plans for the next cycle
upper 1/2 ranked was told there's a slight chance they could get a call, but it's a slim chance since they stand at their target number for new entering freshman students.

"If you have not heard from us by the second week in July, and have not been accepted elsewhere, you will want to begin to formulate plans for next year, if you have not already done so."

just got an email that waitlist movement is basically not happening.

lower 1/2 ranked was told that they should start making plans for the next cycle
upper 1/2 ranked was told there's a slight chance they could get a call, but it's a slim chance since they stand at their target number for new entering freshman students.

"If you have not heard from us by the second week in July, and have not been accepted elsewhere, you will want to begin to formulate plans for next year, if you have not already done so."
So you’re telling me there’s a chance.

I kid. It’s been a good ride y’all. Best of luck.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user