-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Maryland
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Honey_BeeMD
Full Member
For me they were 50 minutes with a 10 minute buffer in case it went overtime but most of them took the entire hour.For anyone who's interviewed, have the interviews been about half hour each or more like an hour? Thanks!
Got it. Thank you!For me they were 50 minutes with a 10 minute buffer in case it went overtime but most of them took the entire hour.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who's interviewed, have the interviews been about half hour each or more like an hour? Thanks!
Each was about 45 minutes for me
someone posted some time ago about receiving their package. I haven't received anything yet.Have any accepted students received anything about financial aid?
MongutheDoggy
Full Member
Have any 1/13 interviewees heard back yet?
If you check the previous post you should see a couple of decisions from 01/13!Have any 1/13 interviewees heard back yet?
I dont know anyone who has heard back from 1/13
Someone on the last page received an A after a 1/13 interview.I dont know anyone who has heard back from 1/13
Also some holds I thinkSomeone on the last page received an A after a 1/13 interview.
MongutheDoggy
Full Member
Any 1/20 acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted as well. Does Maryland accept letters of intent? And if so, when should we submit them?
MongutheDoggy
Full Member
When did you interview?Waitlisted as well. Does Maryland accept letters of intent? And if so, when should we submit them?
I emailed the finaid office and they said that they will be awarding packages around mid-April.Have any accepted students received anything about financial aid?
WL and sent letter of intent.... any advice?
Does anyone else still have their application status on "Application complete" and not under review? I feel like this does not bode well for me, but I have a very vested interest in attending this school vs any others and idk if this is a soft rejection or they literally have not opened my application yet. 🙁
wegotthis20201234
Full Member
+1Does anyone else still have their application status on "Application complete" and not under review? I feel like this does not bode well for me, but I have a very vested interest in attending this school vs any others and idk if this is a soft rejection or they literally have not opened my application yet. 🙁
wpneuro
Full Member
I interviewed a month or so ago, the portal never changes from "application complete" to anything else. Since Maryland does send rejections, I feel like if you haven't gotten one that should mean you're still in the running!Does anyone else still have their application status on "Application complete" and not under review? I feel like this does not bode well for me, but I have a very vested interest in attending this school vs any others and idk if this is a soft rejection or they literally have not opened my application yet. 🙁
D
deleted1017749
Does anyone have any information about the pre-matriculation summer program? Do we have to be invited to join?
Interviewed 1/27When did you interview?
MongutheDoggy
Full Member
You had mentioned a WL earlier on this thread. Were you accepted off the WL?Accepted! Interviewed 1/27
bodynotfondofcoffee
Full Member
interviewed on 2/10, but i had a strange feeling that the interviewer already made a decision for me when coming into the interview... did anyone else feel this way?
I felt the same. The interviewer kept saying great things about my app and why I shd come to Maryland. But it is the committee that makes the final decision.interviewed on 2/10, but i had a strange feeling that the interviewer already made a decision for me when coming into the interview... did anyone else feel this way
MongutheDoggy
Full Member
Any late January interviewers hear back?
Still waitingHas anyone heard after being put on pre-II hold?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called today and the person said that they will be interviewing through March.When does Maryland conclude interviews if anyone knows?
+1. Are you IS?Still waiting
I’m OOS but I grew up Maryland and my family lives there+1. Are you IS?
Nope. Interviewed on 1/27. Have a feeling we're gonna hear something either tomorrow or the day after.Anyone hear anything today?
Looking back on this thread it seems they almost exclusively give decisions on Tuesdays :/Nope. Interviewed on 1/27. Have a feeling we're gonna hear something either tomorrow or the day after.
Oh true. We might have to wait till next week then considering this week had a long weekendLooking back on this thread it seems they almost exclusively give decisions on Tuesdays :/
WL 1/27
MongutheDoggy
Full Member
Any 2/1 interviewers hear back?
A this morning around 11Any 2/1 interviewers hear back?
Were you previously on hold? I have the lock too but have been on hold since Nov.Under Review Lock lol. OOS complete mid-September.
Anyone else with the lock end up with an eventual II? I know it's getting late in the cycle though...No communication whatsoever. OOS ORM with late submission might have played a part in that.
synergetics2020
Full Member
its not letter grades anymore, its a tiered pass/fail system. they introduced it with their new renaissance curriculum that was implemented this yearWhat are your guy's thoughts on the grading system? I love everything about Maryland but I'm wary about graded curriculum. I'm not sure if I'm just making this a bigger deal in my head than it is though
I love the school as well but this is what I hate the most. It’s essentially letter grades with a different name.its not letter grades anymore, its a tiered pass/fail system. they introduced it with their new renaissance curriculum that was implemented this year
When does this school schedule in time for Step 1 ? I've seen some schools (Einstein, for one) now moving the study block into the 3rd year so that it benefits students for both Step 1 and Step 2 CK. I guess there is some Step 1 content covered in Step 2 CK (?). I thought I saw somewhere that Maryland was doing this.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1017749
That's what I'm saying!!! I don't want the added stress ughI love the school as well but this is what I hate the most. It’s essentially letter grades with a different name.
Same here. Complete 10/2 and been on hold since Nov. I did see someone earlier get an R and was complete 10/17, so maybe they will come back around to give us a decision. :/Under Review Lock lol. OOS complete mid-September.
D
deleted1079705
Is Maryland a school that generally waitlists a very high percentage of their later interviews?
blinkblink2
Full Member
Are interviews done? I have nothing but radio silence since my submission and assessing whether it's worth sending a late update
You have way more to gain by sending than not either way.Are interviews done? I have nothing but radio silence since my submission and assessing whether it's worth sending a late update