2020-2021 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else still stuck on hold? Is there any hope for a response soon?
I’m on hold. Hopefully we hear soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone who's interviewed, have the interviews been about half hour each or more like an hour? Thanks!

For anyone who's interviewed, have the interviews been about half hour each or more like an hour? Thanks!
For me they were 50 minutes with a 10 minute buffer in case it went overtime but most of them took the entire hour.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have any accepted students received anything about financial aid?

someone posted some time ago about receiving their package. I haven't received anything yet.

Reactions: 1 users
WLed just now. Interviewed 1/20.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn.. WL’d. OOS and I really liked this school. I know this school does not have a good track record for WL

• Care
1/20 here also WL’d. Feels bad man

• Care
Waitlisted as well. Does Maryland accept letters of intent? And if so, when should we submit them?

I emailed the finaid office and they said that they will be awarding packages around mid-April.

Does anyone else still have their application status on "Application complete" and not under review? I feel like this does not bode well for me, but I have a very vested interest in attending this school vs any others and idk if this is a soft rejection or they literally have not opened my application yet. :(

Does anyone else still have their application status on "Application complete" and not under review? I feel like this does not bode well for me, but I have a very vested interest in attending this school vs any others and idk if this is a soft rejection or they literally have not opened my application yet. :(
+1

I interviewed a month or so ago, the portal never changes from "application complete" to anything else. Since Maryland does send rejections, I feel like if you haven't gotten one that should mean you're still in the running!

Does anyone have any information about the pre-matriculation summer program? Do we have to be invited to join?

interviewed on 2/10, but i had a strange feeling that the interviewer already made a decision for me when coming into the interview... did anyone else feel this way?

interviewed on 2/10, but i had a strange feeling that the interviewer already made a decision for me when coming into the interview... did anyone else feel this way
I felt the same. The interviewer kept saying great things about my app and why I shd come to Maryland. But it is the committee that makes the final decision.

Has anyone heard after being put on pre-II hold?

Looking back on this thread it seems they almost exclusively give decisions on Tuesdays :/
Oh true. We might have to wait till next week then considering this week had a long weekend

Under Review Lock lol. OOS complete mid-September.

What are your guy's thoughts on the grading system? I love everything about Maryland but I'm wary about graded curriculum. I'm not sure if I'm just making this a bigger deal in my head than it is though
its not letter grades anymore, its a tiered pass/fail system. they introduced it with their new renaissance curriculum that was implemented this year

its not letter grades anymore, its a tiered pass/fail system. they introduced it with their new renaissance curriculum that was implemented this year
I love the school as well but this is what I hate the most. It’s essentially letter grades with a different name.

Reactions: 5 users
When does this school schedule in time for Step 1 ? I've seen some schools (Einstein, for one) now moving the study block into the 3rd year so that it benefits students for both Step 1 and Step 2 CK. I guess there is some Step 1 content covered in Step 2 CK (?). I thought I saw somewhere that Maryland was doing this.

Under Review Lock lol. OOS complete mid-September.
Same here. Complete 10/2 and been on hold since Nov. I did see someone earlier get an R and was complete 10/17, so maybe they will come back around to give us a decision. :/