-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Maryland
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just got accepted this morning!!! Interviewed 01/15 so exactly 2 weeks after! I'm incredibly thrilled! OOS
Congrats to you both!! Can you speak about what made you fall in love with this school? I interview here in a couple weeks and know close to nothing about the school. 🙂Accepted here recently, 3 weeks to the day after interviewing! Love, love, love this school
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happyfeet26
Full Member
Congrats! Were you ever on hold?Whew unexpected II today. IS
Yes I was put on hold mid NovemberCongrats! Were you ever on hold?
congrats! nice to hear.. put on hold early december and would love an ii hereYes I was put on hold mid November
happyfeet26
Full Member
Congrats! What dates were available?Surprising II today. IS, put on hold in early November.
Feb 12, 17, and 24 if I’m remembering correctly. I didn’t check beyond February when I signed up.Congrats! What dates were available?
I’m convinced Maryland has lost my application. I have heard zip since applying - haven’t even been put on hold.
i actually noticed this today as well. It just says complete. also put on hold early decemberWas put on hold in early December, but now my status page does not have the “interview *lock symbol” on it like it did originally. Did this happen to anyone else?
Maybe they have made a decision on us and we just haven’t been notified yet? Seems odd that it’s gone. Does anyone put on hold still have the lock symbol?i actually noticed this today as well. It just says complete. also put on hold early december
I was put on hold a couple weeks ago and I never had a lock symbol. My status has always just been complete.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My lock disappeared too. I was put on hold early November!Was put on hold in early December, but now my status page does not have the “interview *lock symbol” on it like it did originally. Did this happen to anyone else?
A just now!! OOS. Omg I am so thankful
Congrats!!!! What day did you interview?A just now!! OOS. Omg I am so thankful
Yesterday I didn't have the "under review lock" but when I checked the portal today the lock was suddenly there. Wonder if this just means they are finally looking at my application? Was never put on hold. We love a conspiracy theory! 
Yesterday I didn't have the "under review lock" but when I checked the portal today the lock was suddenly there. Wonder if this just means they are finally looking at my application? Was never put on hold. We love a conspiracy theory!![]()
Where do you see the under review lock? In the status page? I only have 4 green check marks still
Where do you see the under review lock? In the status page? I only have 4 green check marks still
It's on the status page. Looks like this:
Last edited:
Thank youuuu My interview was 3 weeks ago!!!Congrats!!!! What day did you interview?
It's on the status page. Looks like this:
View attachment 294699
Had this, got the R today 🙁
Probably could go either way however
ochem_master2
Full Member
Sorry to hear that. What was your complete date, and were you ever on hold?Had this, got the R today 🙁
Probably could go either way however
mid-Jan interview, waitlisted this morning :/
Oooooo I definitely don’t have that yet so it probably does mean they’re finally reviewing you! I submitted mid September so I will probably be waiting a bit longer to get reviewedIt's on the status page. Looks like this:
View attachment 294699
thehumanamerica
Full Member
Also WL today after interviewing mid-late January 🙁
Bil_Wi_theScience_Fi
New Member
How long has it typically taken people to hear back post-interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
If I was put on hold like 3 weeks ago, should I assume I won't be getting an interview?
malmed1025
Full Member
II just now, after having passed over in November. IS, LM 75, ORM. I have a feeling that they are interviewing me for a WL. I've actually emailed Dr. Quezada before about my application. What are my chances of getting in this late in the cycle?
I have an interview next week and read last year's thread to check into this. Looks like January and early Feb interviewees did get some outright acceptances and some waitlists, and everyone after that was waitlisted. But again, only 5 or 6 people posted that late, so that's a super small sample and there could have been many acceptances outside of SDN.
Sorensha1065
Full Member
Just got an interview here! OOS complete early July. I probably won’t attend, good luck to someone else!
CONGRATS! did you get an email?Just got an interview here! OOS complete early July. I probably won’t attend, good luck to someone else!
II just now, after having passed over in November. IS, LM 75, ORM. I have a feeling that they are interviewing me for a WL. I've actually emailed Dr. Quezada before about my application. What are my chances of getting in this late in the cycle?
IMO: They wouldn't be holding interviews if they didn't still have open spots, and if they want you, they'll give you an offer no matter when you interview. I would say that it's definitely worth attending if you're genuinely interested in the school. Just go and knock it out of the park!
I have an interview next week and read last year's thread to check into this. Looks like January and early Feb interviewees did get some outright acceptances and some waitlists, and everyone after that was waitlisted. But again, only 5 or 6 people posted that late, so that's a super small sample and there could have been many acceptances outside of SDN.
I scheduled mine for 2/19. Looks like a WL??? 🙁
malmed1025
Full Member
I scheduled mine for 2/19. Looks like a WL??? 🙁
Nah that's similar to mine! People got accepted after those last year. And also the people accepted late are less likely to come on SDN and report on it than WL people wanting to gather info. So there probably were March interviewees that got spots too
Sorensha1065
Full Member
Yes!CONGRATS! did you get an email?
This is the fastest turnaround time I've seen! I was rejected from the MSTP at 8 AM this morning and transferred to the SOM. Less than three hours later, I received an II for the MD-only program. Debating whether or not to accept the interview.
This is the fastest turnaround time I've seen! I was rejected from the MSTP at 8 AM this morning and transferred to the SOM. Less than three hours later, I received an II for the MD-only program. Debating whether or not to accept the interview.
I'd consider cost of UMB in terms of your other MD & MD-PhD offers. COL in Baltimore is cheap, but is it worth paying OOS tuition? I'll let you decide. You can apply for IS tuition after a year, but it is a process. If you think you'd go somewhere else due to cost, I'd pass on the interview.
PS: I've been accepted here so I don't have any competing interests.
Well, the cost of MD vs MD-PhD is the difference between paying to go to medical school or getting paid to go to school. But after giving it some thought, I think I will be withdrawing so that someone much more interested than I am can have a shot.I'd consider cost of UMB in terms of your other MD & MD-PhD offers. COL in Baltimore is cheap, but is it worth paying OOS tuition? I'll let you decide. You can apply for IS tuition after a year, but it is a process. If you think you'd go somewhere else due to cost, I'd pass on the interview.
PS: I've been accepted here so I don't have any competing interests.
Well, the cost of MD vs MD-PhD is the difference between paying to go to medical school or getting paid to go to school. But after giving it some thought, I think I will be withdrawing so that someone much more interested than I am can have a shot.
Basically what I was saying. If you have a MD-PhD offer, I wouldn’t bother with regular MD interviews. Best of luck with your cycle!
Bil_Wi_theScience_Fi
New Member
got the WL this morning. Feel like dying. Any suggestions for what type of materials are most suitable to send in? This is my #1 choice.
I would suggest a strong letter of intent expressing your interest in matriculating at the school! I was very impressed with the school as well so I would say it is worth continuing to pursue. They may not have many seats available right now but may contact you down the road as people withdraw their acceptances later in the cycle. When did you interview?got the WL this morning. Feel like dying. Any suggestions for what type of materials are most suitable to send in? This is my #1 choice.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bil_Wi_theScience_Fi
New Member
I would suggest a strong letter of intent expressing your interest in matriculating at the school! I was very impressed with the school as well so I would say it is worth continuing to pursue. They may not have many seats available right now but may contact you down the road as people withdraw their acceptances later in the cycle. When did you interview?
Interviewed 1/29. I have a couple national conferences I am presenting research at and the Chief Medical Officer for my research would write a strong letter for me if they would be open to an additional letter of rec. I have also considered a letter of intent at this point.
Does anyone know how the WL process works? They said they would send a letter in early May with more information about the WL process. That's a long time to hear about the process.
Pre-II R today. OOS.
medapp2020account
Full Member
Waitlisted today. interviewed 2/5 OOS
Waitlisted, interviewed 1/29 OOS. Super bummed I really loved it when I interviewed here :/
malmed1025
Full Member
Waitlisted today. interviewed 2/5 OOS
So sorry! Was this through an email?