2019-2020 Northwestern

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

They specifically told interviewees who were there this week that none would hear until January because they would not be reviewed yet. We all have the tabs. Please chill.
BUT this doesn't explain why some got the tab links earlier this week and others not?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here for the conspiracy: did the people with acceptances get the portal change a few days ago (or have had the tab)?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looked back a few pages (n=3 or 4) the acceptance tab prior to today did mean something.
 
Does everyone who didn't recently interview receive an Acceptance or Deferred notification, or are there some who hear nothing even though they interviewed a while ago?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can someone explain what their curriculum is like or direct me to a page that explains it? i want to know if they have summers after 1st year and if it's 2 years for pre-clinical learning or 1&1/2 years pre-clinical, among other things.
 
can someone explain what their curriculum is like or direct me to a page that explains it? i want to know if they have summers after 1st year and if it's 2 years for pre-clinical learning or 1&1/2 years pre-clinical, among other things.


Here’s their curriculum website. It’s 2 years preclinical, and the students get most of their first summer off! I believe 4 weeks of it has to be put towards the AOSC (someone correct me if I’m wrong!) with 6 weeks being free for whatever you want to do. Third and fourth year are pretty traditional to other schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, so I submitted my secondary way back in July and haven’t heard back about an interview. I am lowkey concerned that they threw out my application because I have mild dyslexia and wrote “FSW” instead of “FSM” in my secondary and I think I may have blown my chances 🙁(((
 
Hi, so I submitted my secondary way back in July and haven’t heard back about an interview. I am lowkey concerned that they threw out my application because I have mild dyslexia and wrote “FSW” instead of “FSM” in my secondary and I think I may have blown my chances 🙁(((

I have dyslexia and completely spelt some stuff wrong in my secondary and received an invite today actually! I don’t think that something like that would ruin your chances!!
 
Hi, so I submitted my secondary way back in July and haven’t heard back about an interview. I am lowkey concerned that they threw out my application because I have mild dyslexia and wrote “FSW” instead of “FSM” in my secondary and I think I may have blown my chances 🙁(((
Lots of people submitted in july and haven't heard back (including me). just have to wait our turn 🙂





.... if it ever comes.
 
Hi, so I submitted my secondary way back in July and haven’t heard back about an interview. I am lowkey concerned that they threw out my application because I have mild dyslexia and wrote “FSW” instead of “FSM” in my secondary and I think I may have blown my chances 🙁(((

Some pretty bad typos slipped thru my secondary for Northwestern and I got in a few days ago - so, don’t stress about typos! You can’t control it!!!

Edit: it’s kinda funny I accidentally said “patient” when I meant “physician” as in like .... “Feinberg will help me develop into the learner, teacher, and patient that I strive to be” smfh
 
Last edited:
Any advice for the interview experience at Feinberg? Interviewing this week. Nervous about the group interview in particular.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I booked a flight departing at 5PM from Chicago O'Hare, is this possible? are you able to leave the current student meet and greet early? I know its from 3-3:30pm
 
I booked a flight departing at 5PM from Chicago O'Hare, is this possible? are you able to leave the current student meet and greet early? I know its from 3-3:30pm

This might be cutting it a little close! The dean asked if anyone has a flight departing before 5:30, because they would definitely need to leave early. It could take up to an hour to get to the airport. If you have TSA pre-check you might be fine though, but it would really cut it close
 
I booked a flight departing at 5PM from Chicago O'Hare, is this possible? are you able to leave the current student meet and greet early? I know its from 3-3:30pm
if thats the only flight that works i think its fine; a couple people left early before the meet and greet to catch flights and since all interviews are in the morning you should be ok!
 
This might be cutting it a little close! The dean asked if anyone has a flight departing before 5:30, because they would definitely need to leave early. It could take up to an hour to get to the airport. If you have TSA pre-check you might be fine though, but it would really cut it close

@the_expert yeah I have Pre-check for this reason lol. But I will definitely speak with the administrators to let them know of my situation. Thank you, this makes me feel better!
 
maybe someone's already mentioned this on the thread, but are anyone else's eyebrows raising at the 75% post-II acceptance rate here? Is that cuz they have low yield so they have to keep pulling from their waitlist as people turn down the acceptance? seems weirdly high