-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Northwestern
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted688779
It's cool, conspiracy theories are fun.My apolgies, everyone. Deleted my two posts.
I just called. She said they don't have a specific date planned yet, but sometime this month.So is someone going to call and ask? Lmfao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted994247
Thank you, that was very nice of youI just called. She said they don't have a specific date planned yet, but sometime this month.
the_expert
Full Member
Do people think decisions will be released this Friday? Last year decisions were released Jan 11 (the second friday of jan).
the_expert
Full Member
maybe they just dont want to release the date in case they get delayed etcDon’t think so. Someone just called yesterday and said they hadn’t set a date yet.
Medapplicant19
Full Member
At my interview my interviewer told me that the committee meets this week and decisions should be out next week, but it’s super possible that they come early or will get delayed!Do people think decisions will be released this Friday? Last year decisions were released Jan 11 (the second friday of jan).
the_expert
Full Member
thank you!! when did you interview?At my interview my interviewer told me that the committee meets this week and decisions should be out next week, but it’s super possible that they come early or will get delayed!
Medapplicant19
Full Member
Early December!thank you!! when did you interview?
maybe they just dont want to release the date in case they get delayed etc
I’m the one who called. The woman I spoke to who is probably office assistant was completely unsure. She said likely by end of month. So it doesn’t seem imminent. But someone else can call and ask too. Not sure what y’all are afraid of... they don’t ask your name if u are just asking a general question!
does everyone's portal have the acceptance protocols and second look tabs on the side?
Yes. Everyone who has interviewed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted972488
does everyone's portal have the acceptance protocols and second look tabs on the side?
Yes. Everyone who has interviewed.
Mine actually disappeared after I got the deferral email in November.Why though? A little bit misleading
Why though? A little bit misleading
If you scroll back in this thread to November you will see a whole discussion about it.
the_expert
Full Member
dont think it means anything as of now; have had them since my november interviewYeah my consensus is I don’t know what to think lol. Didn’t check my portal until yesterday when someone on here said something
godddd I hope we do, gonna be refreshing my email like crazy all dayWhat are the odds that we hear back today?
godddd I hope we do, gonna be refreshing my email like crazy all day
They send it in a single bulk around 6 Pm / 7 PM EST so just check around then
alwayssleeping023
Full Member
I interviewed this week and I believe they said they'd be releasing decisions sometime next week
does anybody know anything about merit aid at Northwestern? Do they ... do that or nah
They went pretty in depth at my interview; 50% for financial need and up to 100% for merit
MSTP II today. Complete 11/15.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an email today that due to the extended number of applicants yet to be reviewed etc etc I’ll get a decision in late February. Interviewed in November. Does this mean I’m less likely to get in since a bunch of people got in today apparently and is this them waitlisting me? This is my top choice 🙁
Last edited:
D
deleted994247
A! My first one, so grateful. Got an awesome impression of the school on interview day.
Deferred
hey, from what i've heard it definitely isn't a waitlist at all. i honestly think there's a very good shot you'll get in, esp since dean kundu said on my interview day that most people are deferred and won't find out until feb anyway. i think almost 70% of the incoming class was notified in feb/march last year, so i wouldn't overthink the deferral right nowGot an email today that due to the extended number of applicants yet to be reviewed etc etc I’ll get a decision in late February. Interviewed in November. Does this mean I’m less likely to get in since a bunch of people got in today apparently and is this them waitlisting me? This is my top choice 🙁
Medapplicant19
Full Member
Do you remember when merit aid decisions come out? With acceptances or later in the season? I can’t remember or find the info anywhere, thanks!They went pretty in depth at my interview; 50% for financial need and up to 100% for merit
D
deleted994247
it's on the website in the financial aid section. mid to late marchDo you remember when merit aid decisions come out? With acceptances or later in the season? I can’t remember or find the info anywhere, thanks!
Hi all. I just got an email stating," Based upon the length of our extended interview season this year and the number of candidates yet to be reviewed by our Executive Committee on Admissions, you will receive a final admissions decision regarding your status at Feinberg at the end of the Interview Season (late February)." Interviewed in early December. Good luck to all.
Almost 80% of Interviewees are Acceptancewhat is the accepted to interviewed ratio for northwestern, does anyone know?
Anyone still Pre-II silence? I applied MD-PhD.
I don't think it's necessarily bad, although it certainly isn't great if they are handing out As. It's not a WL; it's a hold. What they are basically saying is that they know it's been a while since you interviewed, so they are reaching out to tell you that they haven't forgotten about you, and they are apologizing for not being able to give you a decision now because they still want to see where you are relative to people who haven't been scored yet. It's better than a R, or even a WL, because it means you could still receive an A before they are done reviewing everyone.Got an email today that due to the extended number of applicants yet to be reviewed etc etc I’ll get a decision in late February. Interviewed in November. Does this mean I’m less likely to get in since a bunch of people got in today apparently and is this them waitlisting me? This is my top choice 🙁
Last edited:
Applied in July. Been playing the quiet game sinceAnyone still Pre-II silence? I applied MD-PhD.

I was until yesterday, but their last interview session is in one and a half weeks.Anyone still Pre-II silence? I applied MD-PhD.
D
deleted1005053
Anyone still Pre-II silence? I applied MD-PhD.
Still silent here for MD-PhD. And it was my top choice. Sigh.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi neurotics, I'm a first-year student at Feinberg and figured it would be helpful to have a resource on SDN to get your questions answered about the program. Congrats on all the A's- come to second look!
Ask me anything...
Ask me anything...
Hi neurotics, I'm a first-year student at Feinberg and figured it would be helpful to have a resource on SDN to get your questions answered about the program. Congrats on all the A's- come to second look!
Ask me anything...
Does anyone here ever get full COA with full need and merit?
the_expert
Full Member
Accepted on Friday!!
Yes- helps if you're URM. If you get a full ride from a similarly ranked program, you can ask Feinberg to match and they generally will match (fwiw I only heard of one person getting turned down when he begged for more $$$ but his fam got cash so...).Does anyone here ever get full COA with full need and merit?
D
deleted994247
How do you know that being URM helps, just from talking to students?Yes- helps if you're URM. If you get a full ride from a similarly ranked program, you can ask Feinberg to match and they generally will match (fwiw I only heard of one person getting turned down when he begged for more $$$ but his fam got cash so...).
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 435K