2019-2020 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congratulations. what are your stats?
Also what dates were available?
LM 74. Dates offered were all in the last 2 weeks of October

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted 2 weeks ago, never received a complete email even though it shows complete on the portal. Called admissions and they said you receive a complete email after the committee reviews your application. Could take several weeks

Helpful! Thx

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, so is a complete email bad for Penn State as well? (Similar to Pitt)
Lmaoo I have no clue but I hope this doesn’t turn into the same conspiracy that the Pitt thread turned into hahaha. The Penn state portal was like the other portals I received immediate complete emails from so I’m sure it doesn’t actually mean anything but what’s weird is that admissions said you get a complete email when they review your application lol and I know they did not review my application 0 seconds after submitting at 10 pm lol

Lmaoo I have no clue but I hope this doesn’t turn into the same conspiracy that the Pitt thread turned into hahaha. The Penn state portal was like the other portals I received immediate complete emails from so I’m sure it doesn’t actually mean anything but what’s weird is that admissions said you get a complete email when they review your application lol and I know they did not review my application 0 seconds after submitting at 10 pm lol

Maybe after they review and acknowledge all needed files are there. Highly doubt complete emails are only given after being reviewed lol thats some tulane bs

Maybe after they review and acknowledge all needed files are there. Highly doubt complete emails are only given after being reviewed lol thats some tulane bs
Yeah that’s what I assume too, like you get a complete email when they (and by they probably an automated process) checks that you have everything (LOR, Payment, etc.)

They also told me “complete” is when the committee reviews the file and makes an interview decision... They said that if there is a green check next to application complete on the portal, the file is “screen ready”. It seems like they didn’t have the automated complete emails set up correctly at the start, and are trying to cover it up with this weird definition of “complete”.

They also told me “complete” is when the committee reviews the file and makes an interview decision... They said that if there is a green check next to application complete on the portal, the file is “screen ready”. It seems like they didn’t have the automated complete emails set up correctly at the start, and are trying to cover it up with this weird definition of “complete”.
Interesting...yeah I submitted 8/25 so not that long ago hahaha idk what it could mean receiving a complete email right away if that’s not the norm

I submitted my secondary on 8/10 and also received a complete email instantly... so I don't think that a complete email means you've been reviewed unless they had also screened me out or something which wouldn't make any sense. Not sure why their reps have apparently been saying that complete email means you've been reviewed, cause that surely wasn't the case for me.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my secondary on 8/10 and also received a complete email instantly... so I don't think that a complete email means you've been reviewed unless they had also screened me out or something which wouldn't make any sense. Not sure why their reps have apparently been saying that complete email means you've been reviewed, cause that surely wasn't the case for me.

Obviously -80 bucks instantly :( :lol: all pennsylvania schools suck!!!!!!!
1567909688348.png

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
This did not happen for me here but it did for Pitt. Guess that ruins Pitt for me but means I have a shot here? Lol
Hah im kidding homie, nothing means anything

Has anyone had an interview here yet? Any advice from people who have been or current students?

Has anyone had an interview here yet? Any advice from people who have been or current students?
I interviewed there last year. Very chill. All you need to know is that the first session has their interview as like the first thing they do, and the second session interviews later in the afternoon. So second session has presentations, lunch and tour prior to interviewing.

Does Penn State accept updates? I don't see a place to upload documents on their secondary portal?

Is PSU receptive to "In the area" emails if you already have an interview at in state school?

I am trying to submit the secondary, but the copy and paste feature keeps cutting me off at 75 characters (rather than 75 words). Did this happen to anyone else? I tried resetting my browser (google chrome), but it didn't help.
Try using a different browser such as FireFox. If that still doesn’t work, try copying and pasting into a different program such as Notes if you have a Mac, and then copy and paste from that into the secondary. Hopefully that makes sense. I didn’t have a problem with this secondary, but I did with other ones.

Does anyone know what the interview format is for this school? Im interviewing here in a couple days and want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks!

Does anyone know what the interview format is for this school? Im interviewing here in a couple days and want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks!
Hi I just interviewed today! I was in the "afternoon" session! It was a very good and planned out day. Started with some info sessions at 10:30 am then moved into a lunch with current students. Then we were given a tour. Around 2:00 we moved into interviews and we had two 30 minute interviews with faculty/physicians! It was overall a low-stress fun interview day!

Hi I just interviewed today! I was in the "afternoon" session! It was a very good and planned out day. Started with some info sessions at 10:30 am then moved into a lunch with current students. Then we were given a tour. Around 2:00 we moved into interviews and we had two 30 minute interviews with faculty/physicians! It was overall a low-stress fun interview day!
Was the campus tour long? I'm debating on whether or not I should bring a pair of flats. TIA!

There are two ~30 min. open file interviews (both with one faculty member). They ask questions to clarify/learn more about things from your application

Was the campus tour long? I'm debating on whether or not I should bring a pair of flats. TIA!
It's not bad but I brought flats!! I have been to all interviews and then just changing into heels right before the interview

Just got the MD/PhD II! Complete 7/31. They're surprisingly already scheduling the last couple of dates, only 1/6 and 2/3 were left.

Just got the MD/PhD II! Complete 7/31. They're surprisingly already scheduling the last couple of dates, only 1/6 and 2/3 were left.

Really? Myabe thats only for the MD/PhD applicants. Does anybody know when Penn State interviews till?

EDIT: they interview till March!

Last edited:
Interviewed here yesterday. Loved it and was really impressed by the program. Interviews were SUPER conversational, didn't even really feel like I was being interviewed. Faculty is great and do a really good job at making you feel relaxed. Feel free to ask me any questions about it! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! I'm a current Penn State med student. I'm happy to answer any curriculum questions or student life questions you might have. Feel free to message me directly and good luck!

II with LM 75, Complete late Aug/early Sept, Dates available for December only!

Anyone complete mid-July, and still waiting to hear back about anything...?

Lol I think I’ve already commented on how I received a complete email immediately after submitting, has anyone else also gotten a complete email? I’m sure it’s just some sort of glitch in their system that some people get the email and some don’t

Lol I think I’ve already commented on how I received a complete email immediately after submitting, has anyone else also gotten a complete email? I’m sure it’s just some sort of glitch in their system that some people get the email and some don’t
I got a complete email, but I also had to contact the school about my LoRs

I emailed a while ago they said the application is complete if it has a green check mark next to “application complete” on the portal. No explanation for the lack of a complete email. I also submitted 7/15 and haven’t heard anything. They don’t exactly inspire confidence... I find it weird that so many people haven’t heard anything and had the same application issue. They do pre-interview holds, if they didn’t want to interview us, they would just put us on hold.

I emailed a while ago they said the application is complete if it has a green check mark next to “application complete” on the portal. No explanation for the lack of a complete email. I also submitted 7/15 and haven’t heard anything. They don’t exactly inspire confidence... I find it weird that so many people haven’t heard anything and had the same application issue. They do pre-interview holds, if they didn’t want to interview us, they would just put us on hold.
Will they explicitly tell us if we are put on hold?

Will they explicitly tell us if we are put on hold?

Last year they sent out pre-interview holds. Haven’t seen any this cycle though. But I also haven’t seen much this cycle anyways, very quiet.