2019-2020 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my goodness I just got accepted!! I actually don't know what to do with myself right now, I'm kind of emotional. Wow!!! Best of luck to everyone still waiting for news, I believe in all of you!

Interviewed 9/18

Reactions: 13 users
Accepted!! Email this morning! Interviewed September 16!

Reactions: 12 users
Post interview Hold this morning -_- complete 7/12

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 9/16 and nothing - chopping block

Placed on hold just now. Complete early-July.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 7/17 and still no hold status. Really hoping that's a good sign because I really want to stay east of Pittsburgh for med school. And as a philosophy major I love the fact that this school has a humanities department with cool research going on!

Complete 7/17 and still no hold status. Really hoping that's a good sign because I really want to stay east of Pittsburgh for med school. And as a philosophy major I love the fact that this school has a humanities department with cool research going on!
Complete 7/15 and no hold either

Anyone know how often they interview from their hold list? Or is pre-interview hold more like a soft R here?

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to everyone who just got accepted!

I am a current medical student at the University Park branch of Penn State COM so if you have any questions about our unique curriculum please feel free to reach out! There is a detailed description of this program earlier in this thread. If you are considering attending the University Park Campus of Penn State, please join us at our open house events on December 6th or January 31st from 8:30 am -1 pm. This is not an interview (that will come later), but rather an opportunity for you to experience our unique learning style, tour the campus, and have lunch with current students. This is open to all applicants regardless of interview status. Please RSVP at the link below if you are able to attend! You can contact Kristen Horn with any questions about this event or about University Park at: [email protected]

Link to RSVP: University Park Preview Day - Take A Closer Look - Penn State College of Medicine

1572903946339.png

Pre interview hold today! Complete end aug/early september

Does Penn State send out rejections during the cycle?

I just got an interview invite. Submitted my secondary on 8/21.

Reactions: 7 users
Does Penn State accept application updates?

Does Penn State accept application updates?
I was wondering this too, I tried calling to ask but the number they provided in their emails and on their website was actually the number to the main hospital and the person who picked up was very confused and told me that the number was not for the medical school admissions office.

Edit: after searching this thread it seems some people have stated that they do not accept updates.

Reactions: 1 user
Is December 1st the next wave of decisions?

II just now but will be withdrawing. Hope it goes to one of you! :)

Reactions: 12 users
Received on hold for interview email this morning.

A little late to the party, but I have an II on 12/20! Complete mid-late July

Reactions: 4 users
I applied 4 months ago and have been on complete silence. Anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: 13 users
For those that interviewed in the afternoon, does the day wrap up right at 4pm? Just want to make sure that I'm giving myself enough time to get to the airport for my flight. :)

Placed on pre-II hold today :/, is it common to get off of this hold list throughout the cycle?

Placed on pre-II hold today :/, is it common to get off of this hold list throughout the cycle?
Hello, I'm sorry you were placed on hold. Did something change on your portal? Or did you get an email? Keep your head high!