2019-2020 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know where to find the match list from today?

here u go

Stanford University School of Medicine

Anesthesiology
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Hopkins
  • Mayo MN
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UCSF
  • UCLA
  • Walter Reed
Child Neurology
  • Penn/CHOP
  • Stanford
Dermatology
  • Harvard/Combined
  • Northwestern
  • Stanford
  • Pitt/UPMC
Emergency Medicine
  • Denver Health Med
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Brown
  • UCSF-Fresno
Family Medicine
  • John Muir
  • Kent Hosp
Internal Medicine
  • Harvard/Beth Israel Deaconess
  • Harvard/Brigham & Womens
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Mayo MN
  • Cornell/NYP
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UWash
  • UWash
  • UCSF
  • UCSF
  • UCLA
  • UChicago
Neurosurgery
  • Duke
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UCLA
OB/GYN
  • Harvard/Brigham & Womens
  • Northwestern
  • UCLA
Ophthalmology
  • Jefferson/Willis Eye
  • Stanford
  • UMiami/Palmer Eye
  • UMinnesota
Orthopedic Surgery
  • Hospital For Special Surg/HSS
  • Oregon Health & Science
  • UVermont
Otolaryngology
  • Hopkins
  • UCSF
Pathology
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Stanford
Pediatrics
  • Harvard/Childrens
  • Duke
  • Columbia/NYP
  • UVirginia
Plastic Surgery (Integrated)
  • UWash
PM&R
  • Stanford
Psychiatry
  • Harvard/Beth Israel Deaconess
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UCSF
Radiation Oncology
  • UCLA
Radiology
  • Duke
Surgery
  • WashU/Barnes Jewish Hospital
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UWash
Urology
  • Northwestern
  • Toledo
  • UWash

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
was WLed here a while ago, but I just got into my top choice last week so I will be withdrawing from Stanford. Good luck to everyone on the WL!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
for students who got off the WL in past years, did you receive a hp-WL that indicated they regarded your app highly or just a simple notification of a WL decision?
also super curious ab this
the student i met who was on the WL and got in did get a call she was on hp-wl

JUST got the R. Is this timing completely random? I submitted in July lmaoo

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
App submitted in early August, but still radio silence. My partner is a graduate student here. I am surprised after seeing there were rejections sent out recently that I didn't receive one. Any insight on why they would keep my application in the pool at this point if I haven't interviewed?

Any accepted students still not committed to Stanford? If so, what is holding you back / what factors are you considering most ?

App submitted in early August, but still radio silence. My partner is a graduate student here. I am surprised after seeing there were rejections sent out recently that I didn't receive one. Any insight on why they would keep my application in the pool at this point if I haven't interviewed?
I'd call or email. Maybe email got lost. They sent out all remaining decisions last week.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd call or email. Maybe email got lost. They sent out all remaining decisions last week.
If you don't mind me asking, did you hear that straight from an admissions representative? Or through the grapevine of applicants/accepted students?

For MSTP applicants - is there still a chance of getting in MSTP if I got MD waitlisted? I interviewed in February. From what I understand, MD admission is a condition for MSTP admission (and the decisions are separate). In that case, would priority go to MSTP waitlisted but MD accepted applicants first? I have an offer from another MSTP with a relatively early commit to enroll date and was just wondering if it'd still be worth having hopes of getting into Stanford.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any accepted students still not committed to Stanford? If so, what is holding you back / what factors are you considering most ?

Accepted for MD and would go for sure if I got Berg (don’t know about whether they’ll release decisions). I think Berg is going to be more competitive now (a lot more applicants) from talking with students and the director. Deciding between MD *with chance of Berg (or internal MSTP)* and MSTP at other schools (top 20ish). As someone who wants to be a physician-scientist and who got little money (350k+ COA), it’s hard to justify Stanford...as much as I wish could.

Deciding b/t Stanford MSTP and MSTP offers at peer schools — hard choice to make without meeting the cohort :( so research availability and people ....

Accepted for MD and would go for sure if I got Berg (don’t know about whether they’ll release decisions). I think Berg is going to be more competitive now (a lot more applicants) from talking with students and the director. Deciding between MD *with chance of Berg (or internal MSTP)* and MSTP at other schools (top 20ish). As someone who wants to be a physician-scientist and who got little money (350k+ COA), it’s hard to justify Stanford...as much as I wish could.

I talked with PJ a week or so ago—it sounds like they won't be releasing decisions and will make us reapply (but maybe this will change, who knows). He (and a current student) made it sound like it would be likely that it wouldn't be too competitive to reapply, but that he couldn't be certain. I am in the same boat as you with aid, and for me I just don't think I can justify committing to $375K of debt + interest for the possibility of getting Berg later.

To whom do we send updates to?
I emailed mdadmissions and asked if I could submit a post-acceptance update (for Berg). They let me but I would ask first. Are you an accepted student?

Hm post-WL

I think they only accept updates via portal for the first two weeks after your interview.

edit: please ask, I would love to know the answer as well.

Last edited:
What if it’s as part of an interest letter? I imagine they accept intents??
I think your best bet is to ask the admissions office what types of letters are appropriate. Sorry I don’t have more insight!

What if it’s as part of an interest letter? I imagine they accept intents??
I sent a letter of intent on Monday 3/30 but they sent an e-mail saying they are no longer adding updates/LOIs to applications...

Withdrew this morning, hope one of you gets a spot!

Reactions: 8 users
So to get off the WL I cannot commit to enroll at another school on April 30th? Is that typical of schools? I'm already accepted to another school, and I would go to Stanford over them. However, I don't want to lose that spot if I don't get off the WL here.

I'm pretty sure that's the case for a lot of schools. I am in the same position, but I have until July until I have to commit to my other school. I would look at your school-specific information to see what their deadline is.

Have any MSTP students here been accepted into the MSTP after being MD waitlisted initially post-interview (excluding those who were MD accepted but MSTP waitlisted)? Or is this a lost cause (if they draw students from the MSTP waitlist first)? I have to commit to enroll at another MSTP early summer to avoid losing my spot. I really wish that there would just be one decision by MSTP here like most other schools instead of the separate MD and MSTP decisions. It really makes things disorganized and delays decisions. They're likely losing qualified students to other top MSTPs since the post-interview decisions are released so late in the cycle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

They're likely losing qualified students to other top MSTPs since the post-interview decisions are released so late in the cycle.

I don't have an answer to your question but my feeling is they pull from the MSTP waitlist first until you're MD accepted. In re: your last line — yes, it's more frustrating for us, but I have a feeling they could lose one or two full classes (which they won't) and still have a full class of qualified students ....

Have any MSTP students here been accepted into the MSTP after being MD waitlisted initially post-interview (excluding those who were MD accepted but MSTP waitlisted)? Or is this a lost cause (if they draw students from the MSTP waitlist first)? I have to commit to enroll at another MSTP early summer to avoid losing my spot. I really wish that there would just be one decision by MSTP here like most other schools instead of the separate MD and MSTP decisions. It really makes things disorganized and delays decisions. They're likely losing qualified students to other top MSTPs since the post-interview decisions are released so late in the cycle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

This is not official but I don't know of anyone who has been accepted into the MSTP after being MD waitlisted. If I'm being honest it is very unlikely that they would ever exhaust the MSTP waitlist (my year MSTP yield was nearly 100% which obviously varies quite a bit with a smaller program and MSTP WL was fairly deep) and choose to pull from the MD waitlist, especially if the MD committee has not pulled that individual from the MD waitlist prior to that.

Does anyone know if Stanford accepts multiple people from the same undergraduate institution?

My school had 4 from 3 years that i know of accepted this year, 2 seniors, 2 grads

any theories on when or if we can expect any waitlist movement?

Has anyone gotten called? In prior years, some students supposedly got a phone call asking if they were still interested.

• Wow
I wonder how the WL works here. You can't send letters of intents or updates that will be added to your app 2-weeks post-interview, is there some sort of internal ranking? I know they said that the first wave of WL acceptances are during May 1-15. Does anybody have an idea how many people get off the WL and if Stanford just WL everyone who interviews? Or is it more like Hopkins and they actually screen people for the WL.

Well, I just committed. Sorry about the WL here, but at least all the other schools I was accepted to will take one person off the waitlist. Good luck all! I'm California bound!

Reactions: 3 users
Were you on the WL?
yeah.. I know that I -and and a few others- were on a high priority waitlist since we interviewed later in the cycle but didn't get an automatic A since they were unsure of attrition rate with all the Covid-19 stuff going on

yeah.. I know that I -and and a few others- were on a high priority waitlist since we interviewed later in the cycle but didn't get an automatic A since they were unsure of attrition rate with all the Covid-19 stuff going on
How did you know that you guys were high WL? I also interviewed late

I interviewed 1/8, WL 1/24, haven't heard anything since but how did they notify you that you were on high priority?