Nov 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone has input on whether those of us who weren't WLed should expect a phone call over the weekend? Or a "sorry, just kidding" WL on Monday?

Oct 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys, for the waitlist, are you supposed to do anything to accept your position on the waitlist? (I don't see any such options on the portal. It just says I'm on the waitlist.) And does Stanford accept more updates once you've been placed on the waitlist, or was that initial period after interviewing the only time when you could provide updates? Thanks guys!

About the Ads

detritus

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hey guys, for the waitlist, are you supposed to do anything to accept your position on the waitlist? (I don't see any such options on the portal. It just says I'm on the waitlist.) And does Stanford accept more updates once you've been placed on the waitlist, or was that initial period after interviewing the only time when you could provide updates? Thanks guys!
I don’t think we have to do anything for the waitlist.

Feb 4, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if we get notified of the decision either way while on the waitlist? Or is it just if we get accepted?

Not sure if this is different from school to school or if there is something that most schools do.

Thanks!

strappysandals

2+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2017
Does anyone know if we get notified of the decision either way while on the waitlist? Or is it just if we get accepted?

Not sure if this is different from school to school or if there is something that most schools do.

Thanks!
last year they gave out rejections in mid/late may. it seems like most/all of WL movement happens first week of may.

Reactions: sweetness32
May 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if Stanford accepts letters of intent while on the waitlist? Do these letters have to include “significant updates”?

Thank you!!

Reactions: md2be1122
About the Ads

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
City of the Future
Status
Medical Student
Anyone know where to find the match list from today?
here u go

Stanford University School of Medicine

Anesthesiology
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Hopkins
  • Mayo MN
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UCSF
  • UCLA
  • Walter Reed
Child Neurology
  • Penn/CHOP
  • Stanford
Dermatology
  • Harvard/Combined
  • Northwestern
  • Stanford
  • Pitt/UPMC
Emergency Medicine
  • Denver Health Med
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Brown
  • UCSF-Fresno
Family Medicine
  • John Muir
  • Kent Hosp
Internal Medicine
  • Harvard/Beth Israel Deaconess
  • Harvard/Brigham & Womens
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Mayo MN
  • Cornell/NYP
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UWash
  • UWash
  • UCSF
  • UCSF
  • UCLA
  • UChicago
Neurosurgery
  • Duke
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UCLA
OB/GYN
  • Harvard/Brigham & Womens
  • Northwestern
  • UCLA
Ophthalmology
  • Jefferson/Willis Eye
  • Stanford
  • UMiami/Palmer Eye
  • UMinnesota
Orthopedic Surgery
  • Hospital For Special Surg/HSS
  • Oregon Health & Science
  • UVermont
Otolaryngology
  • Hopkins
  • UCSF
Pathology
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Harvard/MGH
  • Stanford
Pediatrics
  • Harvard/Childrens
  • Duke
  • Columbia/NYP
  • UVirginia
Plastic Surgery (Integrated)
  • UWash
PM&R
  • Stanford
Psychiatry
  • Harvard/Beth Israel Deaconess
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UCSF
Radiation Oncology
  • UCLA
Radiology
  • Duke
Surgery
  • WashU/Barnes Jewish Hospital
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UWash
Urology
  • Northwestern
  • Toledo
  • UWash

Jul 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
for students who got off the WL in past years, did you receive a hp-WL that indicated they regarded your app highly or just a simple notification of a WL decision?

Last edited:
Reactions: md2be1122
May 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
App submitted in early August, but still radio silence. My partner is a graduate student here. I am surprised after seeing there were rejections sent out recently that I didn't receive one. Any insight on why they would keep my application in the pool at this point if I haven't interviewed?

About the Ads
Jul 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
App submitted in early August, but still radio silence. My partner is a graduate student here. I am surprised after seeing there were rejections sent out recently that I didn't receive one. Any insight on why they would keep my application in the pool at this point if I haven't interviewed?
I'd call or email. Maybe email got lost. They sent out all remaining decisions last week.

Reactions: PapayaJambalaya
Mar 1, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
For MSTP applicants - is there still a chance of getting in MSTP if I got MD waitlisted? I interviewed in February. From what I understand, MD admission is a condition for MSTP admission (and the decisions are separate). In that case, would priority go to MSTP waitlisted but MD accepted applicants first? I have an offer from another MSTP with a relatively early commit to enroll date and was just wondering if it'd still be worth having hopes of getting into Stanford.

Jan 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Any accepted students still not committed to Stanford? If so, what is holding you back / what factors are you considering most ?
Accepted for MD and would go for sure if I got Berg (don’t know about whether they’ll release decisions). I think Berg is going to be more competitive now (a lot more applicants) from talking with students and the director. Deciding between MD *with chance of Berg (or internal MSTP)* and MSTP at other schools (top 20ish). As someone who wants to be a physician-scientist and who got little money (350k+ COA), it’s hard to justify Stanford...as much as I wish could.

Reactions: finn_
Jul 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Any accepted students still not committed to Stanford? If so, what is holding you back / what factors are you considering most ?
Deciding b/t Stanford MSTP and MSTP offers at peer schools — hard choice to make without meeting the cohort :( so research availability and people ....

Reactions: positivepuffin

finn_

2+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted for MD and would go for sure if I got Berg (don’t know about whether they’ll release decisions). I think Berg is going to be more competitive now (a lot more applicants) from talking with students and the director. Deciding between MD *with chance of Berg (or internal MSTP)* and MSTP at other schools (top 20ish). As someone who wants to be a physician-scientist and who got little money (350k+ COA), it’s hard to justify Stanford...as much as I wish could.
I talked with PJ a week or so ago—it sounds like they won't be releasing decisions and will make us reapply (but maybe this will change, who knows). He (and a current student) made it sound like it would be likely that it wouldn't be too competitive to reapply, but that he couldn't be certain. I am in the same boat as you with aid, and for me I just don't think I can justify committing to $375K of debt + interest for the possibility of getting Berg later.

Reactions: p0wder
About the Ads