2019-2020 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did you know that you guys were high WL? I also interviewed late

We got an email saying so a few days after the batch of WLs that was sent on March 13th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many people in the facebook group are committed to Stanford?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi folks any news?

Seems like theres been 10 new people in the FB group since last Monday. Based on previous years, i think most waitlist movement happens before May 15th if at all. Planning on withdrawing soon...

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
After 236 days post interview I have finally been freed from Stanford's grasp!!! Got the R off the WL. So pumped to finally CTE at my school :) Its sad how long this process is...

Reactions: 4 users
Death becometh! I too, have been deleted by my dream school. All the warm fuzzy home feelings I had while visiting Stanford were simply delusions of grandeur.

So, it’s on to the next! Good luck to you all :)

Looks like they know how to rip your heart out twice. The dream remains a dream.

Gotta move on though. Be happy and look forward.

Reactions: 2 users
Also got denied, good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
How do yall feel about our chances? I went back 3 years on SDN and saw that last year someone mentioned there was movement on May 30 but that was about it. I am not feeling super optimistic tbh but I guess there is still a chance? Lol
If there was no chance they would have rejected us, but of course I’m far from counting on it. Very happy with what I’ve got but we’ll just have to see!

If there was no chance they would have rejected us, but of course I’m far from counting on it. Very happy with what I’ve got but we’ll just have to see!
Same. I’m trying to stay optimistic and am going to keep hoping up until they accept or reject me.

Nope, but I’m still holding onto hope that I’ll get a call sometime soon!
Yeah it’s really interesting that they sent out a wave of rejections but kept some waiting. Seems like the class can’t be fully finalized yet

Yeah it’s really interesting that they sent out a wave of rejections but kept some waiting. Seems like the class can’t be fully finalized yet
Not on Stanford WL but it seems like West Coast movement is moving extremely slow, which was also confirmed by an SDN adcom. Perhaps we’re just waiting on some students who are waiting to see if they get into Harvard or something. I’m biting my nails over my waitlist at UCLA, which I assume have people waiting for waitlists at UCSF/Stanford, which I assume have people waitlisting at Harvard or elsewhere for money. Feels like a stalemate domino effect. Times like these make me prefer a match system over all this nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not on Stanford WL but it seems like West Coast movement is moving extremely slow, which was also confirmed by an SDN adcom. Perhaps we’re just waiting on some students who are waiting to see if they get into Harvard or something. I’m biting my nails over my waitlist at UCLA, which I assume have people waiting for waitlists at UCSF/Stanford, which I assume have people waitlisting at Harvard or elsewhere for money. Feels like a stalemate domino effect. Times like these make me prefer a match system over all this nonsense.

Also not on the Stanford WL, didn’t even apply haha, but currently UC Irvine has had 0 WL movement, confirmed by admissions. Likely we’re waiting for the folks sitting on the UCLA, UCSD, UCSF, Kaiser, and Stanford waitlists.

Also not on the Stanford WL, didn’t even apply haha, but currently UC Irvine has had 0 WL movement, confirmed by admissions. Likely we’re waiting for the folks sitting on the UCLA, UCSD, UCSF, Kaiser, and Stanford waitlists.
I literally know someone who is waiting for UCD, along with people accepted at UCD/UCI waiting for waiting for UCSD/USC, multiple people at UCSD waiting for UCLA, a few UCLA waiting on Stanford/UCSF/Ivy/money/home. Not even kidding. Match process, let’s go! Or at least implement a policy where CTEs are staggered with more popular schools having earlier dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
The WL is moving at Stanford. There is a couple people who've been accepted and committed. Keep the hopes up!
May I ask if you know when these people were accepted? There seemed to be people who were accepted off a high-priority waitlist back in early May, but we haven't seen any acceptances from the normal WL (at least here on SDN) since then.

Last edited:
May I ask if you know when these people were accepted? There seemed to be people who were accepted off a high-priority waitlist back in early May, but we haven't seen any acceptances from the normal WL (at least here on SDN) since then.
A couple this week and last.

I literally know someone who is waiting for UCD, along with people accepted at UCD/UCI waiting for waiting for UCSD/USC, multiple people at UCSD waiting for UCLA, a few UCLA waiting on Stanford/UCSF/Ivy/money/home. Not even kidding. Match process, let’s go! Or at least implement a policy where CTEs are staggered with more popular schools having earlier dates.
This sounds horrible, I feel for everyone still waiting. If anyone has questions that an admitted student can help answer please feel free to dm me.
I can maybe even try to ask around on your behalf, since I'm no longer panicking about getting rejected due to "too many emails/calls" lol, they're stuck with me now.

Reactions: 3 users