2019-2020 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the institutional application for aid only to be done if accepted? I can't seem to find any link for the application on their website

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the institutional application for aid only to be done if accepted? I can't seem to find any link for the application on their website
If you mean financial aid, then the answer is yes. The financial aid office contacts you a day or two after you receive your acceptance email with the information.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
hi friends- I thought I read somewhere SBU students receive and iPad- does anyone know if this is true and if so what kind?

Are we taking this as a R? Or do we think it will be rescheduled?

I think it’s too late in the cycle to reschedule and we don’t know when it will clear up. Interviews at this point might have been for the waitlist anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
A! just now (email), interviewed first week of February!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A from late Jan interview :)

Match List!

Attachments

• stony brook match list anonymous.pdf
    114 KB · Views: 304
Reactions: 4 users
In the acceptance email it asks for an email stating your intention to enroll at Stony Brook to secure your place in the class. If I am still considering other schools, is that okay? Does it require me choosing them on AMCAS at this time

In the acceptance email it asks for an email stating your intention to enroll at Stony Brook to secure your place in the class. If I am still considering other schools, is that okay? Does it require me choosing them on AMCAS at this time
No. You just reply to the email and they will send you a confirmation. No commitments needed.

Did anyone receive financial aid info yet?

Does anyone know if they offer any sort of scholarahips?

Any current students here who can speak to what the normal week of classes looks like in preclinical? Like are classes 9-3? And how many mandatory sessions?

Also is it true the first difficult biochem/anatomy block got changed to P/F?

rejected from 3 year MD and will most likely be withdrawing

• Sad
Hey guys again, Started a Facebook group called "Stony Brook SOM class of 2024"

Hey guys again, Started a Facebook group called "Stony Brook SOM class of 2024"

Would it be a good idea to send the group link to Admissions Office so they could send it out to admitted students especially not in SDN?

Hey guys the admissions office said accepted students will be notified soon about the Facebook page, so the one created no longer exists to avoid confusion.

Does Stony Brook have a match list available from this year / recent years?

Damn 35% matched into a T20 residency

Damn 35% matched into a T20 residency

tbh i was really impressed by the match list

anyone know when financial aid gets sent? tryna make a decision before their 4/3 deadline lol

anyone know when financial aid gets sent? tryna make a decision before their 4/3 deadline lol

Is that the deadline for the deposit? They sent an email saying we should receive our packages around April 1st

Is that the deadline for the deposit? They sent an email saying we should receive our packages around April 1st
1585532189678.png

This is what my email said? I'm assuming #1 is their way to make us commit? Dunno tho