2019-2020 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know it may be more expensive but I’ve been biting the bullet for medical school interviews because I don’t want to be anxious about traveling (Ie being late for the interview or for my return flight).

The train is also a good option!

...Or you can just book a later flight so you dont have to worry about traffic heading back. Otherwise you’ll end up spending more on a second nights stay to leave the next day.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone recently accepted get the package in the mail yet?

Accepted 12/19 and got my packet yesterday!

Does anyone know if there's a chance they will transition to P/F for M2? Every other UC has it except Irvine and most schools are abandoning graded preclinical.

I don't think M2 is on a grade scheme basis. From what I remember and what I'm reading online, it's still a pass-fail system except in M2 they add honors so it's H/P/NP.

Reactions: 1 user
UCI's website seems to be pretty bare bones...does anyone who interviewed there or have experience with the school have any insight on what is unique about the school/what their strengths and values are?

Members don't see this ad :)
excited about an II here, complete early/mid august

Reactions: 10 users
II just now! Now a plea...Is anyone interviewing in February who might cancel or would be willing to switch to an early March date? I'm supposed to be out of the country on my scheduled date :( Flights already booked. Going to call the admissions office but thought I'd ask here.

Reactions: 2 users
for current UCI students, where do most students live off campus? starting to look for places!

Could someone please tell me what the admissions had suggested about thank you letters during Interview day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Could someone please tell me what the admissions had suggested about thank you letters during Interview day?

I think they said send the letter through the admissions portal, unless your interviewers give you their contact information.

II just now! Now a plea...Is anyone interviewing in February who might cancel or would be willing to switch to an early March date? I'm supposed to be out of the country on my scheduled date :( Flights already booked. Going to call the admissions office but thought I'd ask here.
Congrats! How many interview dates were still available?
Edit: NVM - it looks like they interview through April. Were all dates open yet, or just some? Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Haha
II a few days ago. Is this an interview for the wl?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
After months of pestering phone calls and emails, UCI finally responded. MSTP II today :) .

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else on the WL receive a financial aid verification e-mail? It says it doesn't imply acceptance, but some of the questions it asks are very specific (I.e. how much do you anticipate spending on rent etc)?

Anyone else on the WL receive a financial aid verification e-mail? It says it doesn't imply acceptance, but some of the questions it asks are very specific (I.e. how much do you anticipate spending on rent etc)?

I believe they send everyone who added them on FAFSA that. Got the email and will be interviewing in March.

I believe they send everyone who added them on FAFSA that. Got the email and will be interviewing in March.
Got it, so I'm definitely jumping the gun. Thanks!

On average how long have people been waiting for a decision post ii

Interviewed 10/21, got a decision 12/19, seems like 4-8 weeks might be the average? Not sure

II on 2/4. Complete 8/15. 3/31 and 4/7 were my two options. Good luck to you all still waiting for an II!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
II on 2/4. Complete 8/15. 3/31 and 4/7 were my two options. Good luck to you all still waiting for an II!
Congrats! Did you send any updates since your complete date?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many acceptances they've sent out? Currently on alternate list :/. Does anyone know how many people they typically have on waitlist and how many they take usually take off of it?

ok time to ask the real questions here, who do I email inquiring about the school's patagonia jackets. this is crucial information that I need before making my decision as to where I matriculate. i hope we get this info prior to April 30th.

• Haha
Does anyone know how many acceptances they've sent out? Currently on alternate list :/. Does anyone know how many people they typically have on waitlist and how many they take usually take off of it?
i don't have any numbers but I think prior years people have said that there is a good chunk of the class that comes from the alternate list. mind you i don't know if the traffic rules affected that so the real answer is nobody knows.

how long is the uci interview cycle? is it until early or late april?

Reactions: 1 users
Based off past threads, it seems like early to mid-April. Although this year, they seem to be lagging a little with decision making compared to past years (this is all conjecture on my part so please take with a grain of salt!)

is it worth it to send a letter of interest pre-II? maybe it is since i have nothing to lose anyway?

is it worth it to send a letter of interest pre-II? maybe it is since i have nothing to lose anyway?

I don't think it can hurt at this point. They accept updates so I don't see why they wouldn't take an interest letter. These typically work better post interview but shoot your shot!

I sent a pre-II interest/update combo message two weeks ago and received an II about a week later. Shoot your shot!

Reactions: 3 users
I sent a pre-II interest/update combo message two weeks ago and received an II about a week later. Shoot your shot!
did you just email admissions? or am I missing a section of the portal to upload an update?

II received this weekend.
Open dates: MARCH 31 and one in APRIL.

OOS. I will be withdrawing here. Hope one of you gets it!

Reactions: 9 users
II received this weekend.
Open dates: MARCH 31 and one in APRIL.

OOS. I will be withdrawing here. Hope one of you gets it!
congrats on the II regardless! when were you complete/did you send any updates?