2019-2020 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Super random, but I just now received an interview invite. Secondary sent 10.08.2019, only date available to me is April 7th.
I want to be you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Any talk about curriculum changes/any other changes in response to the Step 1 P/F decision?

Basic science courses will probably move to being even more clinically-relevant and less minutia-based!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where do most students live?

Most people live in Irvine or Newport (typically 5-10 mins from campus), some live in Costa Mesa. MS3s and 4s typically all move to Orange for clinical years so that they can be closer to the med center.

Do you know many students in your class who came from the WL? MSAR says 50 are accepted from waitlist but that seems outdated.

I personally know a couple people in my class who got in off the WL pretty late in the cycle — just anecdotal evidence, but I’m sure there are more!

joining the R train — nice to finally hear back after being ghosted for months!!!! Gluck to everyone else still in the running

Took the pre-II axe with everyone else. Although, it's late February. It was prettymuch expected at this point.

does anyone happen to know when financial aid comes out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are waitlisted people completing the institutional finaid form, or waiting until hearing?

I turned mine in! On another note, does anyone know roughly how many people they put on the WL? I’ve seen very few post II Rs reported.

MSAR says ~100 WL with ~50 offers off the waitlist. That was for the 2017-2018 cycle though, so possibly different last year and this year with the traffic day changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Is UCI still sending out II? I haven't received the R yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call this morning! I'm beyond excited, especially since it's my first A in two cycles.

Interviewed in early February.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
When should I be sending letters of intent, typically?

It depends on the school. During my interview day, UCI said to send one in April. Just FYI, you should only send 1 letter of intent(especially if UCI is your top choice), but you can send multiple letters of interest.

Have there been any post-interview rejections? I’m wondering if they will call or email

Any new word on financial aid packages? Last I heard (in Feb) they were expecting all packages to be out in March. Wonder if it got delayed due to the corona virus.

What is the CTE date for UCI?

Based on the info on the portal it could either be 7/1 or 7/15?

Does anyone know how many people UCI accepts from their March interview dates?

I got an R from UCI last night at 11:30 pm. Interview date was March 10th. Good luck to every one else!

• Sad
Anyone else from early march interview hear back? Any acceptances yet?

Anyone else from early march interview hear back? Any acceptances yet?
They don't seem to go in completely chronological order. Some of the October interviewees still haven't heard back yet. They've been accepting/WL/R people from each date, but leave many without a decision before moving to the next interview date.

Last edited:
Have people already gotten off/rejected from the waitlist? Or does waitlist movement only start after a certain date?

have merit scholarships gone out already?