2019-2020 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone filled out the UCI financial forms that are due May 1st? I am on the waitlist and am unsure whether I should fill out this form before possible acceptance. I would like to demonstrate my interest in attending.

Members don't see this ad.

I filled out the verification form, but havent yet signed and faxed the signature sheet. I also havent completed the form that asks for your professional goals. It is kind of long to fill out for being on the waitlist, but I was thinking the same thing

Reactions: 1 user
I filled out the verification form, but havent yet signed and faxed the signature sheet. I also havent completed the form that asks for your professional goals. It is kind of long to fill out for being on the waitlist, but I was thinking the same thing
Okay that makes sense. I will complete the verification form, but wait to fill out the "background" information form. It also has housing expense estimates, which make no sense for me to try to fill in. Thanks!

Also, did you submit an LOI? I know this is a common question, but I'm unsure how to convey my strong interest if I do not have significant updates to send.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay that makes sense. I will complete the verification form, but wait to fill out the "background" information form. It also has housing expense estimates, which make no sense for me to try to fill in. Thanks!

Also, did you submit an LOI? I know this is a common question, but I'm unsure how to convey my strong interest if I do not have significant updates to send.

Yeah I sent a LOI without any real update. I basically just stated additional reasons I felt like it was a good fit based on what I had seen during interview day.

how do people feel about UCI after the step 1 news? will there be a difference in attending a T30 private and here now?

how do people feel about UCI after the step 1 news? will there be a difference in attending a T30 private and here now?
I DEFINITELY think you would be better off going to a t30 private, you'll be SUPER limited in opportunities here, UC Irvine's reputation SUCKS, SoCal weather is the WORST, you'd be so UNHAPPY here...

please withdraw your app for the homies like me on the waitlist lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
anyone know if UCI is still sending out IIs at this point?

So y’all heard about step 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II just now, complete in August

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone remember if UCI is pass/pass later or hard pass/fail?

Acceptance yesterday, interviewed mid-January! Hoping that those who have been waiting since December get some good news this week :)

which day in January was your interview ?

January 13th! They seem to be admitting people in a fairly personal way. I received the phone call and email at the same time, so it might take them a little while to get the decisions out.

Acceptance yesterday, interviewed mid-January! Hoping that those who have been waiting since December get some good news this week :)

Congrats!! What time did they call you?

Congrats you all! Was not expecting to get my first in-state interview at this point! only one date was available in early April.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 12/10 and got placed on the alternate list just now. Will be declining, good luck everyone!

i still haven’t been rejected and am really hoping for an interview here!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have any insight into when they start accepting people off the waitlist? It says "spring" so not sure...

Reactions: 1 users
Just received the alternate list email. Interviewed mid January, how likely is it to come off the alternate list here?

Just received the alternate list email. Interviewed mid January, how likely is it to come off the alternate list here?

based of of sdn metrics, i dont think anyone reported getting off the WL on last years thread. tho this definitely is a biased sample to be drawing from.

Last edited:
Withdrawing my acceptance right now, I hope someone can get off the waitlist soon!

• Love
Withdrew/canceled interview for mid-March, keep your head on a swivel if are still in the running for an II

Reactions: 3 users
based of of sdn metrics, i dont think anyone reported getting of the WL on last years thread. tho this definitely is a biased sample to be drawing from.
What are you basing this off of? Last year's thread?

Does UCI take letters of intent? I don't remember whether they said so at the interview day.
Someone else on this thread said that they sent one with no issue. I also just sent one, will let you know if I get any feedback.

Hi all! I’m a current UCISOM student happy to answer any questions you may have about the school.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi all! I’m a current UCISOM student happy to answer any questions you may have about the school.

Do you know many students in your class who came from the WL? MSAR says 50 are accepted from waitlist but that seems outdated.

thanks so much for doing this
  1. are the exams NBME board style exams or are they written in house?
  2. how do students get research? cold emails or is there someone who is in charge of facilitating this for students?
  3. how easy is it to shadow? is this also done through cold emailing?

Super random, but I just now received an interview invite. Secondary sent 10.08.2019, only date available to me is April 7th.

Reactions: 4 users