2019-2020 UNC - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+11

Members don't see this ad.

I’m thinking A LOT of notifications will be going out the 2nd and 3rd week of March, would this be a good assumption? Not sure about anything with these traffic rules/changes

+12

As far as traffic rules go I’m pretty sure by March 15th they must extend at least as many offers as seats they plan to fill

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+13 October interview bb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
+14 but as far as traffic rules go, will we find out earlier this year if it’s a waitlist/R/A or could it still be as late as mid April before we have a final decision?

Reactions: 1 user
Just so no one is holding their breath next week, UNC's spring break is next week. So I wouldn't accept many/if any decisions to go out next week.

Just so no one is holding their breath next week, UNC's spring break is next week. So I wouldn't accept many/if any decisions to go out next week.
Last year the 12th/13th, when acceptances were given out, and the 15th, when bad news was given, also fell on spring break. Only difference is 15th is a Sunday this year

Last year the 12th/13th, when acceptances were given out, and the 15th, when bad news was given, also fell on spring break. Only difference is 15th is a Sunday this year
Yea I’m thinking there’s still a possibility since we all know they like working on breaks with that NYE fiasco

• Haha

Yeah I disagree. Spring break is not a university holiday for employees (lol I am a university employee and I WISH I had the week off, but I don't). So I think there's a solid likelihood the admissions committee is still meeting/working.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but can we wait until after Second Look to click "Plan to Enroll" on the Choose Your Medical School Tool? I know it said you could do this between Feb 19-Apr 29th, but I didn't know if we were supposed to do this as soon as possible. I'm like almost positive I'm coming here, but I need to attend another second look before making a final decision.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but can we wait until after Second Look to click "Plan to Enroll" on the Choose Your Medical School Tool? I know it said you could do this between Feb 19-Apr 29th, but I didn't know if we were supposed to do this as soon as possible. I'm like almost positive I'm coming here, but I need to attend another second look before making a final decision.
You can always change your plan to enroll status if you decided against it. I would make a decision on your number 1 now and change later if you feel differently. Also it is not technically “due” until April 30th to submit your plan to enroll status.

You can always change your plan to enroll status if you decided against it. I would make a decision on your number 1 now and change later if you feel differently. Also it is not technically “due” until April 30th to submit your plan to enroll status.
Oh I didn't realize you could change it. I'll go ahead and submit. Thank you for your help!!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
We shall see if there is any news this week....

8A0C6FE3-266D-476E-93A2-4F1991026C66.jpeg

Or really any notification at this point

• Haha
We shall see if there is any news this week....

Friday will be my "awaiting decision" will turn 6 months and at this point I kinda hope it happens. (jk if you're reading this please accept me)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I know it's been repeated ad nauseam here, but I think it's fascinating how schools vary widely in their communication timeline re: decisions. For schools that are competing essentially for a number of the same applicants, I think leaving applicants in limbo has an impact on yield.

I understand that UNC, which has a significant portion coming from in-state, may wait to see how the pool divides (e.g. Brody, Duke, etc.) before offering students acceptances. But I have to imagine that if you've been waiting on UNC for greater than 6-7 months and you have phenomenal opportunities elsewhere, that you might start acting on those other plans and mentally move on.

Then again, I only know about the schools who have accepted me and many others may operate on a similar timeline.

Friday will be my "awaiting decision" will turn 6 months and at this point I kinda hope it happens. (jk if you're reading this please accept me)

it’s hard to fathom how decisions can take this long.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
tomorrow will be four months for me, still "awaiting decision" on my portal...not sure if i am emotionally ready for a decision, but at the same time the waiting is killing me

tomorrow will be four months for me, still "awaiting decision" on my portal...not sure if i am emotionally ready for a decision, but at the same time the waiting is killing me
Same. I'm suspecting it's an R at this point which I'm not sure how I'll handle but at the same time I just want to know so I can move on

Was accepted today!!! I'm sure more decisions will go out throughout the day :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Phone call around 1:30. I interviewed on 10/14. No portal change yet. :)

Reactions: 6 users
If portal still says “awaiting decision” should we assume we won’t hear anything today? Feel like all the students they’re accepting today has a “decided” portal by now

Edit: well never mind, based on the above post.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Phone call around 1:30. I interviewed on 10/14. No portal change yet. :)
Congratulations again! I know you must be on cloud nine and ready to celebrate! But is there any chance you could post to this forum whenever your portal finally changes? It would save me from needlessly checking my portal a bazillion times if I don't receive an answer this week

Reactions: 4 users
Do they have to tell us something by Sunday (March 15)? Even if it is just a waitlist?

Someone somewhere has to have gotten a portal change or some kind of sign.... I need to feed my neuroticism

Accepted via portal change just now!!!!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Shaking. Randomly checked portal after half hour of not peeking. Said “Decided” with an update link. Accepted. Literally can barely see right now. Complete July, II Aug, int early Oct, IS, 69-70ish, reapp. No email or call. Just sitting here frozen, speechless, and seeing dancing Carolina blue stethoscopes. Working the 2nd look weekend, but see y’all in July!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I guess thats it for the rest of us then before rhe WL goes out?

also still awaiting decision... which are officially my least favorite words

Reactions: 3 users