2019-2020 UT Houston ( McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear anything from UTH since Apr 30th. (Silence since interview except WL notification for me.)
I believe we’ve had about 9 people join our GroupMe just from yesterday to today.. not sure if they were accepted earlier and just joining now or if that was WL movement but we’ve definitely seen some new faces!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got accepted off the WL. I will be declining it. Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
I believe we’ve had about 9 people join our GroupMe just from yesterday to today.. not sure if they were accepted earlier and just joining now or if that was WL movement but we’ve definitely seen some new faces!

I actually prematched, but this is the first I’ve heard of a GroupMe chat. I am aware of a FB group, but I don’t use FB anymore (I’m more of an IG guy nowadays haha). Can you please PM me the link so I can join?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I actually prematched, but this is the first I’ve heard of a GroupMe chat. I am aware of a FB group, but I don’t use FB anymore (I’m more of an IG guy nowadays haha). Can you please PM me the link so I can join?

If you could PM me too, that'd be great. I didn't realize we had one! Thanks : )

Reactions: 1 users
I would also like to be sent the GroupMe link. Thanks! Didn’t know about this and I also don’t use FB much so this would be a good way to keep in touch. Thanks again.

Withdrew yesterday. Good luck to anyone on WL

Reactions: 7 users
Could I also be DM’ed the groupme link?

I just accepted another offer, so there will be another spot on the waitlist for y'all! Best of luck, everyone!!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They mean this is it for anyone who's holding an acceptance to a TMDSAS school for a chance to be offered a spot off a WL in texas.
Gotcha-seems like this waitlist thread has been weirdly quiet in terms of movement

Hopefully all the remaining movement goes to ones without A (not sure many spots left though and when will schools release them)

They will for any TMDSAS matriculant but this does not apply for OOS!
The good news for us is that they are limited to 10% OOS. Hopefully those are filled. I hope we all get an acceptance. I’m on Long’s WL too.

Reactions: 3 users
I am kinda late to the game on looking into housing in the med center. Is it pretty much impossible to get off the UTH housing waitlist if I get on it now?

That's a bummer because other places in the med center seem to have issues with break-ins. thanks!
I know... I've been on the waitlist since the minute it opened and it has barely moved, so that's why I think the chances are slim. Currently looking into other places!

A huge thank you to the people earlier in this thread.. I was accepted off the waitlist on Thursday the 14th!! Could not be more thrilled as McGovern is my number 1. I withdrew from UTMB to accept this offer so if any of you are on their list here's to you!

Reactions: 8 users
Well I guess this is it.

I felt that. I’m secretly hoping that the May 15th deadline will be waived due to corona. Haven’t the schools had less time to really keep updating their WLs? It would seem unfair to count anyone out at this point if everyone hasn’t been continuously deliberated on

I felt that. I’m secretly hoping that the May 15th deadline will be waived due to corona. Haven’t the schools had less time to really keep updating their WLs? It would seem unfair to count anyone out at this point if everyone hasn’t been continuously deliberated on
The dates and deadlines remain the same. I'm sure admissions committees are meeting via Zoom. The difference is that the admissions office personnel maight be working from home so if you really need to contact them, e-mail instead of calling.

This year SDN users seem very quiet regarding WL or the school is behind schedule due to pandemic.
Hope good news reaches at least few of us next week. Started focusing on reapplication.

Last edited:
I know... I've been on the waitlist since the minute it opened and it has barely moved, so that's why I think the chances are slim. Currently looking into other places!
@ljdkfhans and @SoberPony did you know there's a SDN Housing forum? A few Houston Med Center condos are listed on there:

Anyone who got accepted from wait-list , did you send intent letter (wait-list email on Feb 3 said it had no effect). Also has anyone been accepted post May 15th?

Anyone who got accepted from wait-list , did you send intent letter (wait-list email on Feb 3 said it had no effect). Also has anyone been accepted post May 15th?
On sdn 14 applicants withdrew their acceptance. One person got in of WL on May 14th. Three other people got off WL but declined offer.

@Lunatunes I see that. However post 15th, it became dead quiet. I called them (silent) and sent a LOI earlier this month (added to file). I am assuming, work from home is slowing processes down.

@Lunatunes I see that. However post 15th, it became dead quiet. I called them (silent) and sent a LOI earlier this month (added to file). I am assuming, work from home is slowing processes down.
In the past, McGovern has given quite a few acceptances in June. I think there is going to be some movement in the next 2 weeks. In the last 4 years, withdrawals reported on sdn were really low.
2016-2017. 2 WD and 3 WL acceptances June 2nd
2017-2018. 1 WD and 11 WL acceptances June 6 and 11th
2018-2019 5 WD and 3 WL acceptances. June 5th
2019-2020 13 WD, 3 WL Acceptances Declined, 1 WL Acceptance. (So far)
Hoping that next week brings some good news for everyone waiting.

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Hey, I just got accepted to the level 1 housing and I had two quick questions for anyone who lived there.

1. What was your overall experience?
2. How safe was the area?

Last edited:
Before this I was thinking about moving to Greenbriar Park so I am kind of torn right now. Thanks!

Has anyone heard if this class is full? I would like to know and feel it is only fair too.

Has anyone heard if this class is full? I would like to know and feel it is only fair too.

Unfortunately, it's probably safe to say that the class is full.
The class gets filled automatically because of the match process and then as people get accepted OOS, there's movement in the TX schools to fill up the open seats with the best candidates.

This late in the cycle, there may be a person or two who will get off a WL somewhere OOS and that might open a spot, but there are a lot of applicants competing for that spot so it's not something you can (or want to) count on. Especially as it nears the first day of classes, the chances, which is almost nonexistent, reduces to nothing.

Hopefully, you have already re-applied or are doing something to improve your app for the next cycle. (Also practice those interview skills!!) Don't lose hope- many qualified applicants slip through the cracks. The application and interview process is just random tbh. So keep at it and don't give up!

Last edited: